Just wondering why Jedi/Sith stopped wear their armor?

tummiswtor

Hey. Last I've just wanted to watch all swtor trailers again. I have noticed that in trailers Kao Cen or Ven Zallow wear somthing like Valiant Jedi Armor in game, same for Siths with Eradicator Warsuit Armor.

Later in game after sacking of Coruscant no one (NPC) uses these armors. I thight okay, different style now. Korriban npc wear many different armors. Jedi on Tython wear light robes like Relnex.

I saw Knights of the Fallen Empire trailer and noticed that Jedi and Sith again use their old armor (but no one of NPC uses it in game again)

https://imgur.com/C3YWAqI

What do You think? Is that oversight of SWTOR Team? Or Jedi & Sith uses their armors in trailers only?:p

Hey. Last I've just wanted to watch all swtor trailers again. I have noticed that in trailers Kao Cen or Ven Zallow wear somthing like Valiant Jedi Armor in game, same for Siths with Eradicator Warsuit Armor.

Later in game after sacking of Coruscant no one (NPC) uses these armors. I thight okay, different style now. Korriban npc wear many different armors. Jedi on Tython wear light robes like Relnex.

I saw Knights of the Fallen Empire trailer and noticed that Jedi and Sith again use their old armor (but no one of NPC uses it in game again)

What do You think? Is that oversight of SWTOR Team? Or Jedi & Sith uses their armors in trailers only?:p

The only armor that matters is Jori Daragon's loincloth. I wouldn't mind a different design for men but I'll take what Bioware gives me and work with it.

Ever heard about Ruusan reformation?

Edit: If you know about that, it was not mandatory to wear armor in the old days - you can wear it, you can not. Its an interpretation of developers, how many of then and when used it :)

Edited by Nathan_Hanefort

I always assumed it was because the Jedi and the Republic enjoyed centuries of peace after this war was done.

Ever heard about Ruusan reformation?

Edit: If you know about that, it was not mandatory to wear armor in the old days - you can wear it, you can not. Its an interpretation of developers, how many of then and when used it :)

Both of these posts are *interesting*, but not relevant to the original question. The original question concerns the Sith and the Jedi *during* the time period covered by the game.

They stopped wearing them because the Sith (and war in general) stopped being a serious threat. Jedi don't really need armor when they're peacekeeping on far-off worlds, and that's about all a Jedi did once they thought the Sith had been defeated.

There's about a thousand years between Bane and Sidious; about a thousand years of peace.

They stopped wearing them because the Sith (and war in general) stopped being a serious threat. Jedi don't really need armor when they're peacekeeping on far-off worlds, and that's about all a Jedi did once they thought the Sith had been defeated.

There's about a thousand years between Bane and Sidious; about a thousand years of peace.

Yes, stopped during classic swtor + hutt cartel + revan (some years?) and wear again in KotFE :p

Personally i like design of both armors in game and cutscenes.