Slicing suck

olseher

I don't understand, what for its necessary to enter a crew skill which brings only money.

Box on missions with money it's ok, but farming crates for money it's not much balansing.

POLL:

Slicing - it's a gathering skill - let his take metals or blue/violet craft items from Scavenging. Or Underworld Traiding - it's overrated too. It's may be a microcircuits or chips, but not money.

For example, now UT is overloaded by Armormech Cybertech and Synthweawing. And Armo and Cyber use SOME resourses.

I want Slicing for craft recipes mount and smt else for Cybertech. But i can't take it, because win rotate - Cybertech/Scavenging/UT. Where in this place i can put Slicing?

UT or Scaveng for Cybertech dont' need.

Discuss.

Just have your main be your crafter, and make a money making/gathering alt for slicing and whatever else that strikes you (i would make a general suggestion to make this character a stealth class, as the outlaw den on tatooine has some of the best stuff you can find, and its FULLY free for all...it will be dicey)

If you are like me and plan on being an altoholic, then really you only need one scavenger for raw materials, at least in beta I had way more materials than I needed to level to the next material on the crafting list. It probably works the same for other gathering skills. That is where slicing comes in. I plan on having a couple of my alts resource gather and the others can work on slicing to get the rare recipes and such.

I don't understand, what for its necessary to enter a crew skill which brings only money.

Box on missions with money it's ok, but farming crates for money it's not much balansing.

POLL:

Slicing - it's a gathering skill - let his take metals or blue/violet craft items from Scavenging. Or Underworld Traiding - it's overrated too. It's may be a microcircuits or chips, but not money.

For example, now UT is overloaded by Armormech Cybertech and Synthweawing. And Armo and Cyber use SOME resourses.

I want Slicing for craft recipes mount and smt else for Cybertech. But i can't take it, because win rotate - Cybertech/Scavenging/UT. Where in this place i can put Slicing?

Discuss.

Slicing is VERY useful for cybertech. It's the only way to learn Space Ship part recipes so you can make space ship upgrades and it also tends to get you some very nice recipes for other craft skills. I didn't take UT when I had Slicing and just used the extra money I made with it to buy the UT materials I needed. It worked great.

To be self-sufficient at cybertech, scavenging and underworld trading are the two you should get.

If you want to make money while doing those 3, you have two options, farm up mats from scavenging for the galactic market, or do pvp/quest for credits while you send out your companions on missions to gather mats for you and increase your skills at the same time.

It's totally up to you. Or you could get Slicing and Underworld Trading (for the epic mats) and then sell your slicing stuff for money to buy the cybertech mats you need just to level.

Drop UWT and get slicing, you can make it to 400 cybertech without UWT easy. You can use the extra credits from slicing to buy any UWT mats you'd need for specific items anyhow.

Also, please try to slow down and structure your posts a little bit first. Very hard to understand what you were saying at first.

POLL:

Discuss.

POLL ResPONSE = 6

Slicing is skill for next mount Cybertech in withe, don;t worry blue/red gear facts stuff, use UWT for best result with all mats for free! Easy gold no Auction Trade with 50 max post. But forCe user not great Artface skill guns mods.

Discuss more need?

You can consider slicing as glambling if you think about it. Sending your companion cost money, and the money they bring back usually barely make up for it. Even with the occasional premium box which can double the income, it evens out with the rare and sad mission fails.. Overall, it's a steady income tho, you don't actually loose money.

Where the actual money comes from are the "coffers" you find while leveling, it will seem crappy at first since you'll find low amounts in them at low level, but it will increase as you level.

Finaly, you have the extra rare schematics that pops from time to time. Extra money in the AH.

The good part is. The investement in the craft is pretty much free and doesn't dependant on the AH market since the mission sending alone makes up for money spent. So you can skill up very high even at low level. Whereas other crafts, you need mats from gathering which require higher level to be in the zone, etc.. Other mission skills as well, since you only get items as reward, it will depend on the market for you to make up for money spent.

cry moar.

I have Cybertech/Slicing/Scavenging combo and loving it.

I am actually considering dropping Scavenging for a random mission skill (haven't decided which, diplomacy is pretty high on the list though).

You don't need to be self sufficient, you can buy mats, you can sell plans that slicing brings, you can drop crafting and buy gear or use quest/flashpoint loot, slicing is just fine as is (possibly add the option of slicing into defeated droids datacores/credits/plans/mods/other instead of just using scavenging for materials, but otherwise it is fine).

I will take UT, Scavenging and Sliceing. I will gather all resources i can during leveling and recipes+cash from sliceing. When i reach lvl 50 i will switch slicine for cybertech and level it fairly quickly with 5 companions and lots of materials.

Profit.

Slicing is VERY useful for cybertech. It's the only way to learn Space Ship part recipes so you can make space ship upgrades and it also tends to get you some very nice recipes for other craft skills. I didn't take UT when I had Slicing and just used the extra money I made with it to buy the UT materials I needed. It worked great.

I have gotten a few of the cybertech schematics myself and they sold quite well (and quickly) on the exchange. I actually found it funny that I was receiving these items as mission rewards for a character intended to be in the 18 - 22 and got the schematics before I was even in my character teen levels.

POLL ResPONSE = 6

Slicing is skill for next mount Cybertech in withe, don;t worry blue/red gear facts stuff, use UWT for best result with all mats for free! Easy gold no Auction Trade with 50 max post. But forCe user not great Artface skill guns mods.

Discuss more need?

How did you.... what?

I'm going to ask

Where do I unlearn a crew skill for my character? So I can obviously go learn another one instead.

Each crew skill should have an "X" near the name on the crew skills panel "N". You must have at least 1 companion to access the crew skill panel.