Custom armor trap

Letsplayrift

So can you craft custom (orange) gear with an augment slot? And if so, doesn't this ruin the whole custom gear system since any custom gear without an augment slot is worthless?

Yes you can get augment slots. It happens when you get a "crit" craft. On a rare chance you can create the gear with a slot.

No it doesn't ruin the custom gear because its all luck. The chance of critting on any craft is excruciatingly rare so its more of an added bonus then the be all to end all...

Just my opinion..

A custom piece with an augment slot is better than a custom piece without an augment slot. It is a whole slot better. Of course you would make the piece until you got a crit. Why would you wear a custom piece without an augment slot?

Look at a custom gear with no augment slot compared to a custom gear with an augment slot. Same thing just worse by an augment slot.

So do these custom gear with an augment slot actually exist?

Edited by Letsplayrift

A custom piece with an augment slot is better than a custom piece without an augment slot. It is a whole slot better. Of course you would make the piece until you got a crit. Why would you wear a custom piece without an augment slot?

Because it's all about what really is better at that exact moment. If you have one awesome if you don't then you don't.. I still favour modded pieces because you can fit them to what you need. They are flexible. Especially for the classes who jump from tank to dps or heals. The augments help yes, there is no denying that but it's not the end of the world if you can't get lucky.

Ok its rare who cares? Doesn't this ruin the whole custom gear system since you are required to use a piece with an augment even if you like the look of something else?

It doesn't matter how rare it is if it exists.

Please confirm orange custom gear can have an augment slot.

Idk I spent like 5 hr and a ton of credit and tokens to look exactly right and then I find out all the gear is worthless since it doesnt have augment slots.

Worthless is rather a stretch. If you want to utterly min-max to the bleeding edge, yup, you're screwed and have to do it over. Hope you have tons and tons of cash to buy the hyper-expensive orange crit-craft items.

If you're sane, realize that augments really don't add that much in the long run, and crit-crafted oranges are generally going to be WAY more expensive than they are worth.

Idk I spent like 5 hr and a ton of credit and tokens to look exactly right and then I find out all the gear is worthless since it doesnt have augment slots.

Only thing I can say is you got really... reallly... unlucky. I dunno man.. Chances are you'd be best going for high end quest rewards anyways. Or commendation gear. But if asthetics are your main goal then just keep trying.

Worthless is rather a stretch. If you want to utterly min-max to the bleeding edge...

Welcome to MMOs? Raiders will only wear crit crafted custom gear, the OP is correct. This interesting mechanic, which I really enjoy, makes all non-crafted custom armor obsolete for end-game raiding. I'm sure there's a solution, but this is how it looks from where I stand.

Welcome to MMOs? Raiders will only wear crit crafted custom gear, the OP is correct. This interesting mechanic, which I really enjoy, makes all non-crafted custom armor obsolete for end-game raiding. I'm sure there's a solution, but this is how it looks from where I stand.

By all rights you both are right... Min/Max you're in trouble but in the grand scheme of things its not quite so. The skill of the player makes or breaks a character. No matter the gear. Sure everyone strives to be perfect but GOOD LUCK. If the non crafted stuff is better then use it. If not meh. You'll live right? =P At the end of the day the augments aren't the winning factor. IMHO

Edit - I've seen bads before go all out on their gear and still suck so.. Gear < Skill

Edited by holybeardman

Well it has light, medium and heavy armors. So it's for all force users, just wondering if there's also moddable heavy armor to craft.

If its craftable through the skill then yes there should be a modded heavy armour down the way. Most likely a rare drop schematic however.

Edit - To answer your question...

http://www.torhead.com/item/cp0158B

Made through synthweave.

Edited by holybeardman

lol @ "worthless".

Your non crit gear will actually help you earn enough credits to buy crit gear by getting into a endgame raiding group, and it also help you learn your class. Now when you have enough credits to purchase super expensive crit gear, you will actually be a good player who can utilize it from thorough experience. From my experience, people who call anything that isn't #1 "worthless", are generally not as knowledgeable as they presume to be; this is in all areas of life.

[if you only pvp, then by all means keep on pvping. I love taking down people knowing that I won because I was a better player, not because I had the best gear.]

My guess is that an entire set of crit gear isn't even available to purchase, nor would you have the credits to be the first to purchase the whole set. So let's learn to be content and have fun?:confused::confused:

Edited by Lcore

Pretty sure if you look a crit crafted custom with crafted mods is better than raid purples, that might be a problem.

Don't count on it. Like it was said earlier, it's extremely rare to crit an orange item. For people that want to have the best gear they'll get it no matter how they would go about getting it. Whether it's from crafting, raids, PvP, etc. Once they get it, they'll just continue doing what they want to do. Don't see the issue here.

Frankly, with how rare crit crafts are anyway, the augment market already needs a boost. Give all operations gear an augment slot by default, just because it's raid gear. That'll ensure it's always better than a non-crit orange, equal to a crit orange, and give augments a market. That, or make oranges unable to be crit-crafted. Problem solved either way, though the latter solution still leaves augments high and dry.

I haven't tried it since beta pre-orange gear but can you still RE custom gear and learn a better version of it? It might have been removed since my char in the last beta weekend crashed if I clicked on the RE'd recipe, either that or I just had an irritating bug :)

I'm...sorry man, this is going to sound a lot harsher than I mean, but... It sounds like you made poor decisions, didn't do the research, and didn't work to obtain exceptional gear. And yet you expect your half-assed gear to be top-of-the-line.

Great looking gear takes work. Great-statted gear takes work. Getting equipment with both great cosmetics and great stats takes lots of work. If you haven't done the work, why should you get the gear?

And no, the existance of crit-crated oranges doesn't cut down your options in any reasonable way. All crafted oranges have an equal chance of critting. If you want the best, you put in the time. If you're unlucky, you put in a lot of time. If you're content with not getting the best, you don't. No problems here.