Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

RikuvonDrake
08.24.2020 , 01:48 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Jevnaker View Post
Looks good =) can you please clarify for me of darth hexid and ranos which is the higher dps?
if only someone had made a parsing comparison between the different companions and listed it somewhere like in the first post of a thread or something and named it companion optimization, gearing and tips

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Jevnaker
08.25.2020 , 01:03 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
if only someone had made a parsing comparison between the different companions and listed it somewhere like in the first post of a thread or something and named it companion optimization, gearing and tips
Well i keep getting confused because of the ways those two are listed in the various lists of stuff.
Use the Fork Luke
here is my referral link please use it if you can. http://www.swtor.com/r/cMZtgW

KevMeup
08.25.2020 , 08:12 PM | #193
Looks good =) can you please clarify for me of darth hexid and ranos which is the higher dps?
Sorry, I get that I need to make the TLDR a little clearer: It's something like this
Shae = 10k dps
Veroa Dens = 9.4k dps
Master Ranos or Ashara = 9.2k dps
2 Blasters = 8.9k dps
Blaster/sniper riffle/pistol user = 8k dps
Melee single weapon users = 7.8k dps (darth hexid)
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
Does your companion do 10k DPS?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

Jevnaker
08.26.2020 , 11:28 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
Sorry, I get that I need to make the TLDR a little clearer: It's something like this
Shae = 10k dps
Veroa Dens = 9.4k dps
Master Ranos or Ashara = 9.2k dps
2 Blasters = 8.9k dps
Blaster/sniper riffle/pistol user = 8k dps
Melee single weapon users = 7.8k dps (darth hexid)
Thanks a lot it was pretty clear overall it was just something about the way those two were mentioned i think that got me confused on which was higher dps.
Use the Fork Luke
here is my referral link please use it if you can. http://www.swtor.com/r/cMZtgW

phalczen
08.26.2020 , 11:32 AM | #195
Thanks a lot it was pretty clear overall it was just something about the way those two were mentioned i think that got me confused on which was higher dps.
Any dual-wielder is going to do more dps than a single wielder.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Gorgothus
09.03.2020 , 12:46 PM | #196
Not sure if it was fixed or not. D-R3D seems to be using all of his abilities, I donít have the ability to parse his damage. If this is an increase or I'm mistaken with the bug and itís still there.

I have Veeroa Denz but hoping the Droid is fixed. He says nothing, no combat jibber jabber to annoy me. I still have times when I suffer ZO-Omís shrill nails on chalkboard combat squealing time to time, but otherwise I break out the Nathema beast (which matches the Nexu mount perfectly) or some other companion. (Still collecting them all)

KevMeup
09.03.2020 , 06:19 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorgothus View Post
Not sure if it was fixed or not. D-R3D...
The issue is subtle, his AOE is supposed to be channeled (I think 1.5s) but it isn't, the other saber users hit multiple times and he only hits once. It's not a major difference in most fights, just takes overall dps down a bit.

QO-77 is perfectly functional (now) and silent, I also think it looks a little like the droid from the mando season 1.
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
Does your companion do 10k DPS?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

olagatonjedi
09.04.2020 , 12:20 PM | #198
Its important to note than rDPS companions will generally take less damage as well, because melee enemies will have to close distance. So companions like Shae benefit in multiple ways than just DPS. That said, mDPS can be very beneficial when AOE damage is being received, and you are able to kite and maintain agro, you will be able to move yourself and your companion out of the AOE damage without needing to micromanage. Its very useful for some FP boss encounters.

Jevnaker
09.05.2020 , 03:54 PM | #199
One thing i just thought of if you have one of the not top dps companions at influence 50 and then lets say unlock shae how high influence level must shae be before she catches up to or surpasses the poorer dps but at influence 50 comp.
Use the Fork Luke

Luciangus
09.14.2020 , 03:31 PM | #200
I noticed in the parsing table you listed Kaliyo at around 8.7k which seems quite higher compared to the other rifle/sniper/pistol users and had her closer on par to dual pistol companions. Anything special about her that gets her so much higher or do you think this was just a fluke?