What has been your best use of Cartel Coins? (Personal Opinion)

Umbrex

My take:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8259307&postcount=17

As for the single best use: Rocket Boost. Hands down. Get it via the Going Places Bundle (cheaper AND has other stuff as well). And get the two upgrades which are directly from your Legacy > Global > Other menu.

This, Rocket boosts (via going places bundle) and the 2 legacy cooldown reductions, just saves time on every character

This Christmas it was snowball cannon. Got much more parcels than with classic snowballs and saved me a lot of time. Before that i used CC mostly just for collections unlocks. Got all legacy unlocks with credits. Edited by ShawDou

You want my take on this?

Use it to unlock things in your legacy that matter. More storage, rocket boost, XP gains, companion bonuses, etc.

Once that is done, then unlock any items you have in your legacy so that all characters can use them.

The absolute last thing I would spend any CC on is decorations and gear. These things you can spend credits on. It may be a whole lot of credits (depending on your server and the item you are interested in) but credits are easy to make in this game. Heck, you can make a small fortune each week just running the weekly heroics.

You want my take on this?

Use it to unlock things in your legacy that matter. More storage, rocket boost, XP gains, companion bonuses, etc.

Once that is done, then unlock any items you have in your legacy so that all characters can use them.

The absolute last thing I would spend any CC on is decorations and gear. These things you can spend credits on. It may be a whole lot of credits (depending on your server and the item you are interested in) but credits are easy to make in this game. Heck, you can make a small fortune each week just running the weekly heroics.

Only thing i use CCs are hard to get or limited time items from cartel market and collection unlocks. I dont want to argue, but your post makes me wonder why you spend CC for legacy things when you can spend credit for that, when you even say credits are easy to get ;)

With the summon random mount ability now I'd have to say Rocket Boost is hands down the best I bought with CC. I usually buy legacy unlocks with credits, but that one was with CC and the cooldown reductions as well. On a new level 1 character summon random mount becomes a spammable Rocket Boost, making getting around the same starter planets I've seen 20 times already a lot quicker.

Only thing i use CCs are hard to get or limited time items from cartel market and collection unlocks. I dont want to argue, but your post makes me wonder why you spend CC for legacy things when you can spend credit for that, when you even say credits are easy to get ;)

Reasonable question to ask.

The answer rather simple. Some legacy items are only per character if you use credits. Whereas if you use CC, they become legacy bound. For example, character storage can be purchased with credits or CC. But if you use credits, the extra storage is just for the character you spent the credits on. But if you chose to select CC to buy the storage, that storage is now granted to all characters in your legacy.

Personally I use credits for anything I can when it comes to legacy unlocks, but there are some unlocks that are just too cheap to not use CCs like the companion gift influence increase: 25cc per rank times three ranks = 75cc per character.

I spent credits on the popular answer here: rocket boost. At the time, best 2 mil I ever spent. And I did the same thing for mount on the run. When it first came out, my thoughts were "meh, I don't need that." Then one day I decided to just spend the credits (not like I spend my credits on much of anything anyway). Now it's a tie between rocket boost and mount on the run for best investment ever :D

Currently, I spend CCs on a bad habit - changing character appearance. I get bored with facial features of characters so i change them :o

Edited by psandak