Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Amplifier Feedback - Spoils of War

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Amplifier Feedback - Spoils of War
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

commanderwar
06.03.2019 , 04:22 PM | #31
I do like the idea of ampilifers, not sure if I will like it or not ,only time will tell in the PTS, but hopefully by the time the PTS ends they will be balance.
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

Sarlegant
06.04.2019 , 12:54 AM | #32
Please be careful with this.

I am excited about this idea of so many choices, but I expect it all becomes cookie cutter. I donít want to see stat bloat, that gets squished when 7.0 arrives.

KendraP
06.04.2019 , 08:24 AM | #33
Quick question, more in depth analysis to come when I have more time to consider what I've read and heard.

If there are amplifiers on item shells themselves, does this include weapons? Weapons cannot be slotted into outfit designer, and I find 99% of the BIS ones hideous.

Will there be a way to make current legacy weapons as good as the ones that will drop, or will you add weapons to outfit designer?

Also, you never did answer my original question 2 on how shared set bonuses actually were. Given everything you have said, it's obvious I'm now going to need a minimum of 3 sets per toon, likely 6 or more. I personally find this thought to be excruciating not entertaining. Endless gear quests are not what I play for.

Balameb
06.04.2019 , 08:44 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Quick question, more in depth analysis to come when I have more time to consider what I've read and heard.

If there are amplifiers on item shells themselves, does this include weapons? Weapons cannot be slotted into outfit designer, and I find 99% of the BIS ones hideous.

Will there be a way to make current legacy weapons as good as the ones that will drop, or will you add weapons to outfit designer?
Second post from Eric in this thread answer the amplification on weapon shell issue. Short answer: weapons will not have amplification in the shell.
https://www.swtor.com/community/show...75#post9732708
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

KendraP
06.04.2019 , 09:21 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
Second post from Eric in this thread answer the amplification on weapon shell issue. Short answer: weapons will not have amplification in the shell.
https://www.swtor.com/community/show...75#post9732708
Ah thanks for the quick answer. I'm with whoever further down said their question was why... this whole thing seems very tedious.

Kaze-Yama
06.04.2019 , 10:55 AM | #36
How will amplifier stats be distributed? Will the stat value be tied to item level or will amplifiers have there own rating or tier system? For example if I have max rating gear and I pay to reroll will my amplifiers all be max stats and I am simply paying for the type of amplifier I want or will the randomness also involve stat values?

How will these stats be distributed will they be tiered or will the random generation be truly random where you can get a bonus stat of like 1-100 and you have to keep rerolling until you get that 100 in every stat you want. If the amplifier stats are truly going to be random I think that is a huge negative. Having to pay however many millions of credits to get the max amplifier in the type of stat I want for every piece of gear sounds like a huge headache. So far I havn't seen any concrete info on how these stats are actually determined and if rerolls are only for the type of amplifier or also include numerical values which will make the entire system a huge pain and totally RNG.

Carba
09.02.2019 , 10:49 AM | #37
I like the amplifiers. I also like that if is unlikely anyone can achieve a perfect suit, i.e. both BIS components and also perfect 5% amplifiers. It allows for continued improvement within already "maxed" toons. I also like that it incentivizes creating multiple suits for special purposes. It would be great if amplifiers could be retrofitted into lower level crafted gear. That would allow crafters to make "hundreds" of armor shells or components seeking specific combinations of crafting or harvesting amplifiers.

RookStryfe
09.02.2019 , 10:48 PM | #38
Stat boosts = 99% of people just opening a search engine and trying to find someone who can math.

I would rather see new and cool Amps to collect with effects that alter gameplay in fun or interesting ways

Take Jugg Amps for example. Instead of Stat Boost 123, you could have things like

Force Charge pulls nearby mobs/players to your location by X radius
Collect a full set of amps and your charges now round up nearby enemies into a tight little ball to cleave.

Summon Companion now calls a 2nd companion to fight at your side.
A full set of amps might have that 2nd companion fighting at 50% combat effectiveness or whatever.

Mad dash knocks back enemies in its path / destination by X meters
Singling out targets or clearing trash off of walkways has never been easier with Captain Bowling Ball on your team.

Finding amps like this or something similar would be a lot more fun than chasing down a 2% increase on a parse.