Tranfering and Need Advice!

Zergnaut

FYI: I have made this post on both server forums.

Thanks to the wonderful people on these forms I have gotten all my server transfer questions answered. Except for one. Picking a new server!

I am on The Harbinger currently and I love the population I'm just sick of all the server glitches I've dealt with it for years, and before they jack up the prices of server transfers I'm going to transfer all my toons to a new home. I main Imp side but I do have Pub toons. I just main Imp.

I am torn between two servers. Shadowlands or Jedi Covenant . Id like to know which is the most populated. I would love some advice from people who play on both servers. So hearing things like pvp win ratios or GTN status would be great! Also which server just overall has a more active community?

Thanks for any advice given! :D

Edited by Zergnaut
bad title

I have no experience on Shadowlands, but I'll try to give you a sense of Jedi Covenant. The server is very active, there's ops running quite regularly from about 4 PM EST-12PM/1AM EST usually, if not longer. It's not hard at all to find a group for anything, unless it's really obscure (took me two days to find a group for the seeker droid heroic once, but that's the longest I've had to wait while looking.) PvP is generally good. There'll be days where the Empire is stomping Republic, but the same thing happens in reverse frequently, so the scene is generally balanced. Pops are pretty regular, I'd say every 15 mins at most during peak hours. GSF is well balanced but pops more infrequently.

The best part of JC, I would say, is the community. There are frequent community events such as datacron pulls, WPvP, etc. Conquest is competitive. There are monthly guild leader summits which help maintain a sense of community, despite the fact that there are a number of healthy rivalries between guilds.

The only other thing I can say is that I've been on Jedi Covenant since the beginning, and have never had any reason to leave. It's a nice, generally friendly server. You'll probably find similar things on Shadowlands, but hopefully this gave you some insight!

Oh, and if you do decide to transfer to JC and want a guild, shoot me a message on here or to my toon Azlock.

Cheers!

Edit: I've just now realized that you wanted people who have experience on both. My apologies. The info I have still stands, though.

Edited by AelonFive

Edit: I've just now realized that you wanted people who have experience on both. My apologies. The info I have still stands, though.

Nah man I will take whatever server advice I can get

Edited by Zergnaut

Jedi Covenant has a work together attitude where it's quite common to have an opposing faction player help you defeat an enemy whether you need the help or not. Part of this is due to several Republic and Imperial guilds having the same Alliance.

Shadowlands has a more "against all others" mentality where you will find players come loot your objective or gathering node while you fight enemies. Sometimes players or guilds will taunt your objective away from you to reset it. It is more suited to a PVP mentality.

Populations are about the same on both servers with Shadowlands having a slight edge.

Edited by Machinder