Best Leveling Specs - PVE

Khantalas

After my long absence of 2+ years from the game, I finally got a new computer that I can hook up to my gigantic TV and play TOR in 4k from an eye ruining distance. Except, of course, all the standards have changed in those two years and I missed two expansions' worth of balancing and content, and now almost none of my previous characters feel familiar. Even my trusty Vengeance Juggernaut has a very strange rotation that keeps running out of stacked bleeds, which just didn't happen back when I was still playing. Not to mention a whole slew of crafting changes, and economy changes (RIP Planetary Commendations), and basically I might as well start anew (with the benefits of my legacy unlocks, but other than that).

So, in order for me to quickly start experiencing post-Shadow of Revan content without fumbling around with my current level 60 characters whose rotations I have already forgotten and whose items might as well be garbage now, which spec for each class / role will let me level up with the least learning process for specific rotations, just to get back in the right feel for the game? Preferably at least one tank and one healer, but I am flexible for the rest.

((This is currently strictly PvE, because last I checked PvP progression and specs were quite different from PvE, and I at least want to see the class and expansion stories again before getting back into the PvP grind.))

Welcome back to the game. Let me start by saying DPS specs are in my opinion leveling the best for leveling. These following specs are generally recognized as the easiest ones and the ones that require little setup for a lot of damage, which is optimal for leveling:

Merc/Mando: Gunnery/Arsenal

Powertech/Vanguard: Advanced Prototype/Tactics

Sniper/Slinger: Sharpshooter/Marksman

Operative/Scoundrel: Concealment/Scrapper

Assassin/Shadow: Deception/Infiltration

Sorcerer/Sage: Lightning/Telekinetics

Juggernaut/Guardian: Rage/Focus

Marauder/Sentinel: Fury/Concentration, Carnage/Combat is also a burst spec but it's not in a good place right now.

However, I would recommend trying other specs, cause this is a game and it should be all about fun. I personally level my marauder/sentinel using the dot spec (Annihilation/Watchman) because I like it more. That being said, if you just want easiest specs, take the ones in the list above.

As for heals/tank, here is my rankings for ease of play (this is very personal though, and not my personal preferences):

Tanks: 1. Jugg/Guard 2. Sin/Shadow 3. PT/Vanguard

Healers: 1. Sorc/sage or Merc/Mando 3. Op/Scoundrel

It mostly comes down to which class you feel like you want to heal/tank on.

Edited by Eloi_BG

• 3 weeks later...
Don't listen to that guy, who replied to you first. Just take Sorc in madness and then you can just spam force lightning and, sometime, press the second button of lighning strike for the win. That dumb as wood rotation works extremely well even in FPs and WZs, not to mention quests and story. Edited by TGaP_Andrey