Treasure Hunting income

Visaga

i need an advice an this one, can the income from lockbox in TH be compared to the income from lockboxes in Slicing? I'm ~400 in Slicing and as I far as I can tell it's not worth the effort to wait 30-60min for your companions return from mission, as you get a lousy 500 credits income at best. So should change to TH and do the same lockbox stuff plus there also gemstone missions, and these as i've noticed are in demand (correct me if i'm wrong) in GTN.

The Lockboxes from TH are usually a net Loss. They don't return very many credits. If you crit and get a blue lockbox though you can get a blue item or a bunch of credits, but I don't think it happens often enough to make it profitable.

The high level gems will probably be worth some money, particularly the purple tier 6 ones, but how much isn't really available yet since not enough people are 50 yet.

i need an advice an this one, can the income from lockbox in TH be compared to the income from lockboxes in Slicing? I'm ~400 in Slicing and as I far as I can tell it's not worth the effort to wait 30-60min for your companions return from mission, as you get a lousy 500 credits income at best. So should change to TH and do the same lockbox stuff plus there also gemstone missions, and these as i've noticed are in demand (correct me if i'm wrong) in GTN.

Depends how much purple mats (and the level 340 missions you need to consistently get them) are selling for.

I usually make a tidy profit off TH 340 missions I buy off the AH.

I usually get 4-8 Blue Gems (grade 6), 2-4 Purple Gems (grade 6), and a lockbox containing a large number of credits (8k is max I've gotten) or a Orange level 47 item that I sold on the AH for 30k.

I only buy the 340 missions for about 12k, so that is a tidy profit - especially if I ever decide to sell my Corusca gems.

TL;DR - Treasure Hunting CAN be more profitable than slicing but it is much more of a gamble.

Treasure hunting lock boxes are different than Slicing lock boxes. Sometimes those missions yield a credit box but more often the box will contain a piece of BoE gear. I haven't tracked my gains with these missions but profitability varies greatly depending on what you get in the boxes. Sometimes i get a BoE blue which I can sell on the GTN for a large profit (assuming it sells). Other times I get an item AND some credits which turns out to be a profit. Finally, I will sometimes get a box with only a green item or some credits which will likely be a loss.

The Treasure Hunting stones do have a high demand on the GTN but also a large supply. Until you get into some of the higher missions, you will be wading through a lot of blue quality gems in an effort to get the highly sought after purples.