Bowcasters

MrParrcheezy

Okay, this might not go over so well, but...

Why not add the classic Wookie weapon, the bowcaster, into the game?

Now for those who are wondering what exactly a bowcaster is, ho rewatch the movies and look at Chewbacca's weapon. THAT, my friends, is a Bowcaster!

Okay, this might not go over so well, but...

Why not add the classic Wookie weapon, the bowcaster, into the game?

Now for those who are wondering what exactly a bowcaster is, ho rewatch the movies and look at Chewbacca's weapon. THAT, my friends, is a Bowcaster!

we have bowcasters in the game, or ar they different? Never really looked too closely at them.

we have bowcasters in the game, or ar they different? Never really looked too closely at them.

Not when compared to the other weapons found in the game, I've only noticed one and that's the expensive one in the CC. I'm referring to more of a variety of Bowcasters, just like there are multiple variations of the crossbow IRL, they should have done the same with Bowcasters Ingame...

There aren't a lot of bowcasters when compared to other weapons, but there are at least 6 models I think. But the only ones I can think of are the one in the CM and the ones from the Bounty Broker reputation vendor on the fleet (bazaar).

Ok, so I've made a list

Cartel Market

Collapsible Bowcaster Grek

Wentross ER-1N Bowcaster

Bounty Association Reputation Vendor

Assassin's Bowcaster (sniper)

Elite Assassin's Bowcaster (sniper)

Tracker's Bowcaster

Elite Tracker's Bowcaster

Ambassador Jirrik (Cartel Bazaar)

Automatic Bowcaster

Hypersonic Shredder

Light Bowcaster

Kashyyk's Legacy

Assassin's Touch (sniper)

Precision Bowcaster (sniper)

If I recall correctly, the ones sold by Ambassador Jirrik were originally rewards from the Chevin event but have been made available using other event tokens.

Edit to add: Not that I'm opposed to BW adding more variety of bowcaster. That would be fine.

Edited by Elessara

Well if everyone else is getting bowcasters then they should make one for the Jedi and Sith that shoots lightsabers.

brilliant idea....buuut, which lightsabers, who's design, what about a double lightsaber for the assassins, and would a mara get two, to shoot one from each, or get one that shoot two.....should it have a colour crystal on the bow, or the lightaber, which would be first priority....

brilliant idea....buuut, which lightsabers, who's design, what about a double lightsaber for the assassins, and would a mara get two, to shoot one from each, or get one that shoot two.....should it have a colour crystal on the bow, or the lightaber, which would be first priority....

Obviously the design of the hilt would depend on the bowcaster, the double bladed lightsabers would spin when they get shot out and create almost a disc, the maras/sents would get one that shoots two at a time (but slightly slower than ones that shoot one to keep things equal) and the colour of the lightsaber would be dependent on the colour crystal you put in the bowcaster. Any other questions?

Obviously the design of the hilt would depend on the bowcaster, the double bladed lightsabers would spin when they get shot out and create almost a disc, the maras/sents would get one that shoots two at a time (but slightly slower than ones that shoot one to keep things equal) and the colour of the lightsaber would be dependent on the colour crystal you put in the bowcaster. Any other questions?

Loads, why would the hilt depend on the bowcaster, when we've so many different hilts in game, can we not find a way to have them?

when the double bladed lightsaber explodes from the bowcaster,firstly, how long does it take before it ignites, and opens, and how large of a disc type thing does it open to

why do the mara/sents have to be slow, would that not make it easier to avoid, why not make them both half damage of the others, to equal it out?

why does the crystal depend on the bow caster, if it extends after it leaves the bowcaster, does it not have it own crystal?

Loads, why would the hilt depend on the bowcaster, when we've so many different hilts in game, can we not find a way to have them?

when the double bladed lightsaber explodes from the bowcaster,firstly, how long does it take before it ignites, and opens, and how large of a disc type thing does it open to

why do the mara/sents have to be slow, would that not make it easier to avoid, why not make them both half damage of the others, to equal it out?

why does the crystal depend on the bow caster, if it extends after it leaves the bowcaster, does it not have it own crystal?

Seeing as how the saber is going to be in motion it would be difficult to even see the hilt so really, the hilt doesn't matter.

Didn't really put much thought into the size of the disc although I suppose a shoto size would make more sense.

Maras and Sents would be slower cause you're firing two sabers at the same time and you wouldn't miss because that kind of dodging doesn't exist in this game. Hitting is dependent on the accuracy stat. The slower rate of fire would compensate for there being two sabers as opposed to say a warrior/guardian bowcaster firing one saber.

The crystal colour depends on the bowcaster because technically the sabers are ammo. In my idea, you're not getting the sabers back.

Also, we're putting way too much thought into this. =p