CC why dont all CC count towards resolve????????????????????

Thexremstar

this ...

1. roots need to build resolve

2. resolve needs last longer, maybe 1 stun/root and 40 secs full resolve

3. roots/snares should reduce dmg by ... root - 75%, stun 100%.

4. cc break button - 40 secs cd ...

personally i would remove all the stuns from pvp, i guess slows and roots ... thats enough ...

1, 2, and 4 directly affect each other. so absolutely not. just pick one of those. use it for a couple months. THEN think about making one of the other changes. and don't tell me it's done internally. they don't even change bugs ppl point out in beta. :confused:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this ...

1. roots need to build resolve

2. resolve needs last longer, maybe 1 stun/root and 40 secs full resolve

3. roots/snares should reduce dmg by ... root - 75%, stun 100%.

4. cc break button - 40 secs cd ...

personally i would remove all the stuns from pvp, i guess slows and roots ... thats enough ...

While I completely agree with you, I'll try to be a bit more conservative:

1) ABSOLUTELY they should!!! It's foolish that there are so many roots and they completely bypass Resolve.

2) 2 stuns or 3 roots/mez's should fill it.

3) I'm still going to stick by 75% with a stun, only because I feel that you SHOULD still take minimal damage from a stun...but rather than going from 100%-10% health during that stun, you're only down to 80-90% health. I hate that stuns are used to basically destroy a defenseless opponent - I see no challenge in that and I think it's cheap...I do it myself...but it's still cheap. 75% makes me think about whether to blow my CC break, or continue occupying players attention while they nick me to death. It gives me a choice other than just being a piñata - choice is what's missing now imo.

4) 60 seconds would be perfect! With a change to Resolve duration and effects, we gotta be careful with this one.

1, 2, and 4 directly affect each other. so absolutely not. just pick one of those. use it for a couple months. THEN think about making one of the other changes. and don't tell me it's done internally. they don't even change bugs ppl point out in beta. :confused:

I agree, they do - but I'd rather gut CC's and make them all but useless than to leave them as OP as they are now for another year+. I have 4-5 stuns/mez's/roots (abilities, grenades, bubble) to my 1 CC break. CC dominates PvP disproportionally.

I do, I play a Commando and Vanguard only. CC's are out of **edit**ing hand. Roots NEED to build Resolve, Resolve needs to last longer, CC break needs cooldown to be cut in half. Roots/snares should reduce damage by 75%.

So you want to gimp your commando even more by making roots be affected by resolve. Good idea bro.

So you want to gimp your commando even more by making roots be affected by resolve. Good idea bro.

Well, his idea that being rooted should reduce damage taken by 75% would absolutely destroy all Knights/Warriors immediately so one can see where he's coming from.

Ah! You mean I wouldn't be able to use my nonexistent root anymore? I have no root. I have a stun, a mez, a knockback, a grenade and if I'm lucky, a bubble. It's ME who gets rooted to death as 3 smashers leap in to pummel my **edit** while I can't even get off a knockback. If they weren't able to root and leap to me, I'd be thrilled!!! I can't pull or knockback with my troopers with full resolve, roots should follow the same logic.

seriously? people asking for a 40 second cooldown on cc break?

let's just remove the need for cleansing from the game altogether or even better let's just remove all CC and just whoever gets crits or random deflects wins? lol

CC use is already incredibly weak. Off CCing is barely worth the global a lot of the time, because you're basically trading like a 3k average hit for say legshotting that sentinel off your teammate. I mean this is a great idea. Now the people with zero group awareness and no concept of mult-targetting, who don't even know what class they're attacking half the time unless it has a mark over its head (omg kill the healer guys!) can just mindlessly zerg damage into targets and even be more rewarded than they already are.

I like this idea. Destroy what little meta-game swtor pvp has. :rolleyes:

seriously? people asking for a 40 second cooldown on cc break?

let's just remove the need for cleansing from the game altogether or even better let's just remove all CC and just whoever gets crits or random deflects wins? lol

CC use is already incredibly weak. Off CCing is barely worth the global a lot of the time, because you're basically trading like a 3k average hit for say legshotting that sentinel off your teammate. I mean this is a great idea. Now the people with zero group awareness and no concept of mult-targetting, who don't even know what class they're attacking half the time unless it has a mark over its head (omg kill the healer guys!) can just mindlessly zerg damage into targets and even be more rewarded than they already are.

I like this idea. Destroy what little meta-game swtor pvp has. :rolleyes:

lol wut

not sure if serious or trolling or just never played this game

Adding roots to resolve would require a massive nerf to melee DPS specs to balance it out.

dont confuse roots with snares

and im positive on my sorc i would benefit more from this, after being chain stunned my only hope is to run away and heal somehow...

but being force charge-rooted by a couple fotm smashers ruins those plans

lol wut

not sure if serious or trolling or just never played this game

you do realize there's barely a difference in reward between using a global for CCing someone or using that same global to just do damage. I can take a big chunk of someone's health with one attack or i can choose to mez someone i'm not attacking. Most the time its better to mez, but the majority of the time its barely better, because if they have cc break and your team can't penalize them for breaking your mez (like killing them in a stun later) you just wasted a global CCing.

the only stupid CC are bubble stuns that aren't on the caster and even then a lot of times when people get hit by it, they could have moved out of the way

yes why dont we have a reduction to CC breaker CD that would help ...... but then I still feel mezs/roots/slows need some resolve added so u can become immune to CC more often! as it is now players that are skilled enuff to abuse the mechanic dont even allow ur white bar up so they can CC (root) you to death!!!!

U dont Lose control of you character when slowed or imobed. You can still use abilities you just have limited mobility. That isn't lose of control. Loss of control is when when you are stunned and you can not do any ability.

Being a mdps user - if you can't move that means you can't attack so in essence you can do nothing like being stunned. I like to think that all stuns used and the number times should count towards resolve, like how it used to be. Also, I would like to see any skill towards not being able to move count towards resolve as well.

Being a mdps user - if you can't move that means you can't attack so in essence you can do nothing like being stunned. I like to think that all stuns used and the number times should count towards resolve, like how it used to be. Also, I would like to see any skill towards not being able to move count towards resolve as well.

that would be overkill. however, the situation is pretty bogus atm. one of the two that you mentioned would be fine.