Knockbacks

americanaussie

I am a fan of the new inquisitor (etc) spells that knock back enemies in front. :D If you're close to the fire, it knocks you waaaay back (past the fire) and if you're behind them, you can continue to beat the crap out of them. :p lol.

I can't tell you how frustrating it was to be thrown back constantly as a sith mara...I spent a lot of time getting knocked into the acid, off the platform, into the pit, into the fire. It was nice for once to not be constantly knocked back. :D Thanks devs!

Of course we all know that Marauders needed a further buff - at least the developers obviously think so.

I often ponder how these people get jobs as developers and programmers, you would think the ability to at least read would be a pre-requisite.

The trick is to use the knockback on a diagonal.

Once your figured out your sweet spot it's easy to get them in the acid if you find yourself too close to the acid pond.

As for fire traps agian. Hit em diagonal so they hit one of the pillars thats stops them in the fire trap.

It's what I do since I got the increased knock back on my gunslinger from his tree.

I've never said this on the forums before, but this is really a L2P issue. I've been playing on my shadow solid since the patch hit and I loe the new KB, it's easier than ever to put people exactly where I want them. Easier to aim and instant instead of a slight delay, it's enormously more useful than it was.

^

This post sponsored by the Easy Kill Association of Sorcerers and Sages.

You're welcome! :o

LOL. However, with good teammates, that isn't the case. Only in huttball can those knockbacks blast you into hazards that can help kill off opponents. This would mean that sorcs and sages were easy to kill in other WZ's pre 1.4, and that really isn't the case with a good team.

I've relentlessly gone after healers in WZ like the novare coast, only to have the sorcs' teammates grapple me off of the healer. This leaves me with 2 options. Fight the teammate that grappled me, or chase after the sorc that's speeding away quickly. If I choose the second option, then my rage will start to drop all the while the teammate will beat me down from behind. By the time I reach the sorc, my health is low and they have somewhat recovered and can easily outlast me.

Healers really benefit from someone guarding them and pulling enemies off as they come. I realise that not every warzone will have competent players to do this but when it does come together, it's absolutely brilliant. A win all around.

As a sorc, I'm also enjoying the new KB. It took me a game or two to get more comfortable with it, but now it works wonders. I'm sure there'll still be many misused overloads as people acclimate to the change, but it's perfectly capable of pushing people where they don't want to be.

P.S. Jump-turning to hit someone chasing you isn't hard at all. If you do find yourself struggling to pull it off, use force slow first to give yourself more room to practice. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

I love the new knockback because I don't have to worry about people (read, not great pvpers who panic) knocking everyone out of an AOE attack/taunt or a mezz. Smash for 0 damage is good for no one but the other team.

When I'm on my madness sorc I still love the new KB. i can actually use the knockback on specific targets and near instantly. If people are complaining about the KB they just need to get used to mouse turning, it's not too difficult the more you do it.

I am a fan of the new inquisitor (etc) spells that knock back enemies in front. :D If you're close to the fire, it knocks you waaaay back (past the fire) and if you're behind them, you can continue to beat the crap out of them. :p lol.

I can't tell you how frustrating it was to be thrown back constantly as a sith mara...I spent a lot of time getting knocked into the acid, off the platform, into the pit, into the fire. It was nice for once to not be constantly knocked back. :D Thanks devs!

Actually enemies do not get knocked waaay back. The knockback is the same distance as it was pre-1.4 and I have no idea what any of you are talking about.