Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf powertech.. AGAIN?? Why?

Menaur
04.07.2018 , 06:07 PM | #21
I think the people at Bioware work all day on how things that used to be good in Swtor could do worse now. After the destruction of the classes Vanguard / Powertech by Patch 5.0, this is another coffin nail.

TACeMossie
04.07.2018 , 06:33 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post
PT is the only melee class i like, too bad there is no updated guide for it, not on dulfy, not on vulkk, not anywhere. So yea, we are doomed.
Btw.. i'm the only PT left in my guild.
The dulfy one is up to date for rotation, but I do agree a new one could be put out since then.

Which is why I intend to put out a guide with patch 5.9, including gearing for rating 230/236/242/246/248 gear, 228/236/240 augments, low/high alacrity gearing, and a recommendation for which one to use based off your gear level

The main issue though is that low number next to Pyro ST DPS. It should be a 9
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

TACeMossie
04.07.2018 , 06:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Skummy View Post
Yea pt is pretty strong i dont know why ppl would deny one. One example of pt/vg dps http://parsely.io/parser/operations/...ll/all/live/0/
Also, using nefra is cheating - that DoT is an AoE
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

memerobot
04.08.2018 , 10:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Calm down. Every class that can tank is getting the nerf from what I read.
Well, no offense, but the nerf on Tank Jugg/Guardian was a joke. It barely affects the dps it does. Right new, they must be the "strongest" tank, atm.
Now Sin and PT got nerfed in 15% - 20% at minimum in their output (although I think it's higher.)
There was a topic ( I couldn't find it again, sadly but I am still looking for it so I can post it here) that would show that PT Tank parse would become much lower to the point that it would be 5.6k tops and if we pick the highest parse, we see that it's 8.4k ( http://parsely.io/parser/view/339780/0 ). It is a huge nerf, around 33% if I'm not wrong, and yes, I know tank's damage is based on AOE but well, I am showing in single target so that one can grasp the idea of how much it got affected.

And people can blame PvP community all they want. The players over PvP have been recommending changes to deal with this such as tie the Guard mechanic to defensive stats such as Absorption and/or Shield yet Bioware just takes the easiest and crappiest route. And worst part is that this change they did won't make a difference regarding payers taking full DPS gear as tanks. Tanks will remain broken, in some way, on PvP.

PrometheanDeath
04.09.2018 , 08:35 AM | #25
PTs while receiving a lot of nerfs recently, have always had a place in pve, pvp is an absolute joke though. PT Dps sport the highest opener in game in AP making some Dps checks like Terror, Styrak, and brontes a lot easier. The downside is the glass cannons we've become, which while we have dedicated healers in pve, pvp regs is definitely a suicide mission for PTs. Our only tactic is running which isn't helpful anymore with mobility that every class owns now. The new 6% DR after taking critical hits was thoughtful but not as effective as a physical DCD. The 1 reliable DCD we have is energy shield which isn't a deterrent like something every other class has, and kolto overload is just about useless that I happily use it while at 100% health as a 2nd stun break in pvp cause that's all it's worth. Hydraulic kiting is long gone and unless I'm premading, I stick with PVE cause excelling as a PT is great with how many people underestimate them.
Just my small take on where we sit.

Eloi_BG
04.09.2018 , 11:20 AM | #26
Trying to create a drama thread... AGAIN?? Why?

While I agree PTs need help, everything you stated in this thread is blatantly false.

"Class is already extremely hard to play"... AP is one of the easiest DPS specs in the game. SS is probably the easiest tank. Pyro can be somewhat challenging. So 1/3 specs is any hard.
"Last evening, got refused in fp group 18 times in a row"... If this is true, I can 100% guarantee this is not because of the class you play. 18 seems excessive anyway. I have never been in an ops/FP/uprising group that has refused PTs, hell a lot of NiM groups have PTs. Looking at your general forum habits I'm guessing you getting refused in groups has nothing to do with class choice and probably something else.
"My own guildies told me " we are sorry honey, but no, you cannot come to OPs on PT.. log something else then sure, we invite you"". I have a very hard time believing guildies are saying that, and if it's true, change guild. This makes 0 sense. I have toons in NiM guilds, some in conquest guilds that don't even step into HMs. Never have I seen someone, especially a guildie, get refused based on class.

PTs need help defensive wise in PVP. The general tank DPS nerf sucks for PVE. I think the changes are a bad decision, but please stop making drama queen posts. If you want to share your opinion, do it in a constructive way, bring real arguments, and please, oh please, stop with the "Fck the stupid pvp" or "i haTE YOU".
Nemio the Acceptable Player

TalonVII
04.09.2018 , 12:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
Trying to create a drama thread... AGAIN?? Why?

While I agree PTs need help, everything you stated in this thread is blatantly false.

"Class is already extremely hard to play"... AP is one of the easiest DPS specs in the game. SS is probably the easiest tank. Pyro can be somewhat challenging. So 1/3 specs is any hard.
"Last evening, got refused in fp group 18 times in a row"... If this is true, I can 100% guarantee this is not because of the class you play. 18 seems excessive anyway. I have never been in an ops/FP/uprising group that has refused PTs, hell a lot of NiM groups have PTs. Looking at your general forum habits I'm guessing you getting refused in groups has nothing to do with class choice and probably something else.
"My own guildies told me " we are sorry honey, but no, you cannot come to OPs on PT.. log something else then sure, we invite you"". I have a very hard time believing guildies are saying that, and if it's true, change guild. This makes 0 sense. I have toons in NiM guilds, some in conquest guilds that don't even step into HMs. Never have I seen someone, especially a guildie, get refused based on class.

PTs need help defensive wise in PVP. The general tank DPS nerf sucks for PVE. I think the changes are a bad decision, but please stop making drama queen posts. If you want to share your opinion, do it in a constructive way, bring real arguments, and please, oh please, stop with the "Fck the stupid pvp" or "i haTE YOU".
Yeah sure for dps AP is quite nice. But for tanking, PT is absolute GARBAGE. So please, for the love of the force, stop tying PTs trying to tank to AP which is a nice DPS discipline.

Yes good discipline for what it is. But for actual tanking PT is crap and we both know it. And that my friend is the actual problem and my bone of contention.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Eloi_BG
04.09.2018 , 01:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Yeah sure for dps AP is quite nice. But for tanking, PT is absolute GARBAGE. So please, for the love of the force, stop tying PTs trying to tank to AP which is a nice DPS discipline.

Yes good discipline for what it is. But for actual tanking PT is crap and we both know it. And that my friend is the actual problem and my bone of contention.
I don't see at all how your comment responds to mine. I didn't tie tanks to AP. PT tank is not absolute garbage, but it could use some help (either a buff to one of it's DCD, or a new one altogether).

Also my criticism is not at all towards you. It is addressed to the OP, who has a tendency to overreact and transform legitimate issues into jokes by saying all kinds of, excuse my language, stupid ****.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

benficakungfu
06.04.2018 , 03:51 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post
I

I feel like crap. Last evening, got refused in fp group 18 times in a row.. shouldn't i be alowed to play the toon i like instead of the one ppl like?
loooooollllll