BRB playing TSW

swtonewbie

Hey everybody,

Stopping my sub, not because SWTOR sucks, but The Secret World (TSW) seems to be kinda cool. I resubbed to SWTOR about a month ago and i rerolled all new low levels and i was getting into it again. But while browsing the forums someone mentioned TSW. I looked up the trailers and some reviews and omg the trailer was cheesy, and the reviews were horribly written. But a few weeks later (which would be a week ago) i tried it out on a whim. So far its going pretty good, although there is currently no end game (more to come in the future) it has a lot of missions that require you to use your head. Another cool thing is with enough time you can learn all abilities in the game and use any weapon. But like in EVE online where you can only use 1 ship at a time, you can only have a few abilities active and only 2 weapons in use at any 1 time. What does that mean? if they nerf a spec that you are playing you dont have to reroll, just chose another spec. You dont have to worry about duel spec, because you can be any spec. I was there for SWTOR and D3 launch, and so far TSW has been pretty smooth...couple of glitches here and there but nothing game breaking.

If i had to describe it to someone thats never played it, I would say its a zombie apocalypse movie and you're in it. Anyways cancelling my sub here, but i may or may not be back. So BRB, AFK, LOL playing TSW KK BAI.

Yeah this thread totally isn't going to get closed blaitantly advertising another game, if you love TSW so much why bother posting in the forums for SWTOR rather than go play it?

oh really? this thread is gonna get locked? huh

But anyways, I know there are a lot of disgruntled people on here, maybe they will want to check it out. Also i dont necessarily love TSW so much that i want it to have my zombie babies, i just like it more then SWTOR atm.

All what you said about TSW could have been said from SWTOR before it get launched. To sum it up, it is "promising, but with one or two big limitations which hopefully will get rid of in the future"

if they nerf a spec that you are playing you dont have to reroll

This decredibilize you totally. It makes you look like the common whiner that just want to play the FOTM class. I personally never rerolled after a nerf. Keep playing, optimize yourself, that's what makes it interesting from my point of view

TSW was not what I expected and I couldn't stand it. I played 1 beta event (I think the last one) just a few hours, enough to level up one character to levet 7 or 8 (i don't remeber exactly when I stopped) and just create other 2 chareacters of the other 2 factions (shame that tutorial quest is exactly the same for all 3 factions).

Despite I don't like the graphics, neither the unnatural movements of characters, things I can oversight if the game hooks me up, the game felt down on me when I entered in the portals hub and the first quests (after turorial area) were kill zombies.

Sorry, but for me TSW is another fantasy game with zombies, and its "original features" are not enough for me. A total fail in my case.

With all its flaws (and are a lot) SWTOR is way better game.

TSW is no longer in my HD.

All what you said about TSW could have been said from SWTOR before it get launched. To sum it up, it is "promising, but with one or two big limitations which hopefully will get rid of in the future"

This decredibilize you totally. It makes you look like the common whiner that just want to play the FOTM class. I personally never rerolled after a nerf. Keep playing, optimize yourself, that's what makes it interesting from my point of view

Actually i dont play FOTM specs, my two mains in WoW were a prot warrior and a rogue, on my rogue i stuck with combat even though mut was FOTM (only switched to try it out and see what the big deal was. I only mentioned the above because i know a lot of people claim to rage quit when classes get balanced due to them not wanting to reroll or adjust.

I just think its funny people actually believe that others want to hear about their lives or that they are leaving. So you like TSW better. Great for you thats awesome. Now posting here like we all sit and wait on the OP (i fotgot his name that quickly) to post what he is doing next. I know that none of you care if I stay or go. Why would you? Do you even know me? Prob not right? While I hate to see people go I am always amazed at the egos of some who post it for the world to see.

have fun going from ea to erm, ea.

uhh yah, thanks

But thats like saying 'lol you went from playing Madden to NHL, noob dont you know that EA makes both those games.

I could care less who publishes or develops either of the games, i didnt leave because i dont want to support EA/BW anymore. its just that i dont want to pay for a sub if i'm not gonna use it.

Tried it. Couldn't get into it. Not very fluid, combat is clunky. Great atmosphere and concept and music however.

Yah i'm having fun, but some of the voice acting is kinda meh, some of it is just over the top. Like that padawan that you run in to on the smuggs story arc in tatooine. Her acting was just kinda out there.

Anyways gonna go kill some zombies, sorry i didnt get to reply to everybody. Read through it briefly, dont care if you care or dont care what i do or do not care about. Agree with some of the negative feedback posted by the guy before LordRoth, but the other features i like make me wanna stick around and see how it turns out.

anyways will check back in a month (not that anyone cares) to see whats changed. Live long and prosper, or wait was it, something about the force being with you.

hehe laters all

This is a pretty stupid thread, and actually makes me want to second-guess the interest I DID have in The Secret World.

The main thing I tend to like about what I've been seeing in live streams has been some of the quest designs, notably the lack of hand holding with certain simple things. For example, knowing you need the phone number to some place but not being told where to FIND the number, nor shown where it is. Requires you to actually think of the game world as an actual world (you had to go to the 'website' for the place and get the number from there, though they don't point it out to you even when you FIND the 'website').

Beyond that, it's a non-medieval fantasy setting involving the Lovecraft mythos with just a DASH of the ambiance you can get from The Watches series. May not be for everybody, but that DOES sound damned intriguing.

I'll probably still play SWTOR even if I do end up picking up TSW, but the latter is getting ignored until they've got a trial.

Seriously with these devs and thinking the hype on their game is good enough to not offer trials/friend codes. Y'all should learn that anybody who's been playing MMOs for awhile is probably pretty jaded when it comes to new titles in the genre, we want to make sure it's worth migrating to a new game before dropping the change.

What's TSW? How come I've never heard of this game?

It's suppose to be the most important MMO to come out. Yet nobody has heard or has given very good reviews of it.

At least that is one of their reviews from some company nobody cares about. :rolleyes:

Edited by spectreclees

It's suppose to be the most important MMO to come out. Yet nobody has heard or has given very good reviews of it.

At least that is one of their reviews from some company nobody cares about. :rolleyes:

What does TSW stand for? What's it's name?

EDIT:

The Secret World, it kind of floated in under the radar (I only know about it thanks to PAX East and the giant booth they had).

Thank you

EDIT2:

Oh well, I am disappointed, that's not what I expected

Edited by pudim

Why would one play this ugly game with zombies?

If zombies are the only thing you notice, it's probably not the game for you.

They're playing it smart, marketing to a niche audience that (if properly enticed and engaged) will likely be die-hard lovers of a game that has a lot of unique features to it, compared to a lot of other modern MMO releases.

It's not for everyone.

Though, if it looks ugly to you, might need to take another look at the game we're all playing right now.