Knights of the Fallen Empire is just Avatar: The Last Airbender, and here is why...

Vaxael

Think about it this way:

- You are a mysterious figure endowed with incredible power by a spiritual entity

> You = The Avatar, and Valkorian represents The Avatar's power

- You have been frozen (literally) for a period of time

> You are frozen in carbonite for 5 years, Aang was frozen in a glacier for a century

- The villains are a combat master with half his face burned off and his psychotic, but extremely powerful, sister

> Arcann = Zuko, Valynn = Azula, both in terms of appearance and personality. Even their VOICES are similar

> Not to mention, both Valynn and Azula hate their mothers with all of their psychopathic rage

- The rest of the known universe is attacked by an army with superior technology

> Eternal Empire = Fire Nation

> This outside force also commits genocide on a certain group of empowered individuals (Scions = Air Nomads)

> This outside force controls the economies of the groups it conquers

> This outside force has an army of empowered individuals (Knights of Zakuul = Fire Army)

- Your two primary companions are a practical female that can tap into the same kind of power as you, and a satirical male who cannot, but makes up for this in personality. You are later joined by a female with a harsh exterior who doesn't get along with the comedic male companion, and, at the risk of stretching the connection, has abnormal eyes

Koth = Sokka

Lana = Katara

Senya = Toph

The amount of character correlation is so strong, I will include a list

You = Aang

Scions = Air Nomads

Knights of Zakuul = Fire Army (benders)

Arcann = Zuko

Valynn = Azula

Koth = Sokka

Lana = Katara

Senya = Toph

Thoughts..? This level of correlation can't just be coincidence. Honestly. The thematic, character, and story elements seem to mirror each other almost perfectly.

I'd say the comparison between the Air Nomads and the Scions is a bit of a stretch. The Scions were not completely wiped out like the air benders. Plus I'd say that while the role in the plot that each character plays is similar in both stories, the personalities of those characters is much less so.

• 1 year later...
This string of similarities actually just hit me today and I immediately checked if anyone else (obviously) had come to the same conclusion. I'd consider it more of an homage to Avatar, rather than a simple copy/paste. The characters are sufficiently different and still interesting for me not to be really bothered by it. In the end, I love both series, and clearly the developers do too... ;)

It is a pretty common story line that the great hero w disappears for a time everything goes to hell and then he/she has to fix it with a smaller number of companions.

If you had not been frozen and instead awoken and escaped you could probably have ended the Eternal empire with a couple of flashpoint missions. Assemble a solid strike team kill Arcann, kill Vaylin and watch that boring sideplot of an empire crumble. As powerfull as Arcann and Vaylin is they would not have been able to beat the heroes of either faction if the heroes had been supported by their powerbases and allies.

So to make the story into an expansion instead of an Op they had to put you on ice and getting rid of the rest of the classes in giant plotholes instead of doing something good. Like make it mandatory to finnish all the class-stories in order to start the new expansion and then import the other characters you have played and the choices they made ti make the galaxy even bigger and then continue into a new story arc. It worked for both Mass Effect and Dragon Age so why not here.

That is just my preference but in my opinion it would have been better than what we got.

• 1 month later...
It is a pretty common story line that the great hero w disappears for a time everything goes to hell and then he/she has to fix it with a smaller number of companions.

If you had not been frozen and instead awoken and escaped you could probably have ended the Eternal empire with a couple of flashpoint missions. Assemble a solid strike team kill Arcann, kill Vaylin and watch that boring sideplot of an empire crumble. As powerfull as Arcann and Vaylin is they would not have been able to beat the heroes of either faction if the heroes had been supported by their powerbases and allies.

So to make the story into an expansion instead of an Op they had to put you on ice and getting rid of the rest of the classes in giant plotholes instead of doing something good. Like make it mandatory to finnish all the class-stories in order to start the new expansion and then import the other characters you have played and the choices they made ti make the galaxy even bigger and then continue into a new story arc. It worked for both Mass Effect and Dragon Age so why not here.

That is just my preference but in my opinion it would have been better than what we got.

That would have been cool!

• 2 weeks later...