Why is it possible to skip the dialog in Kuat Drive Yards?

Hi,

After long break decided to spice up things - > deleted everything I had - > started fresh.

So, you get a quest to speak with the admiral at the start of KDY (in the starfighter launch deck of the fleet).

As far as I can tell there is no story mode for kuat and as completionist as I am I try to do every quest I can.

So the only way is via GF.

Almost every time (I think it didn't happened only once) some random player runs over to the shuttle and skip the dialog.

I have to quit group > go back inside and speak with the admiral to finish the quest.

Then reset phase and wait something like 20 minutes lockdown to queue again to actually play the FP.

In my last attempt I asked nicely > please don't skip I need the dialog for a quest it will take 10 seconds as we all skip the dialog just need to initiate it, the dude there was standing for 3-4 minutes explaining "he can't be arsed to wait for the dialog" then ran over and skipped this section.

So it would have been helpful if we could get the KDY quest from a terminal or a droid - not only via GF to finish this quest so we'll not be at the mercy of other players.

Thank you for sharing my pain - have a nice and lovely day :)

Or create a group of like-minded people and use GF for it. If you're in a guild, ask guildies for help. If they won't help, find a better guild.

Also note that you can tell the other friends or guildmates that they don't need to stay.

You can form a group of 4 people and then enter the FP through GF, or directly enter it (wherever that is - Starfighter deck of Fleet , I think).

Once you are in the FP, up to 3 of the people can quit and you can carry on with companions.

(You may even be able to enter the FP "solo" in Veteran mode, with just a companion.)

Edited by JediQuaker

Just remember that various stages of the FP are put together at runtime. Each stage has multiple possibilities and one is chosen at random. True for all stages including the final boss stage where the bosses and their mechanics are different; varies between Republic and Imperial sides(1). Some of the final bosses are challenging in VM even with a full team of four.

(1) I actually like this idea; wish more FPs were like this.

Also note that you can tell the other friends or guildmates that they don't need to stay.

You can form a group of 4 people and then enter the FP through GF, or directly enter it (wherever that is - launch deck of Fleet , I think).

Once you are in the FP, up to 3 of the people can quit and you can carry on with companions.

(You may even be able to enter the FP "solo" in Veteran mode, with just a companion.)

That's a great idea, thanks everyone.

Just remember that various stages of the FP are put together at runtime. Each stage has multiple possibilities and one is chosen at random. True for all stages including the final boss stage where the bosses and their mechanics are different; varies between Republic and Imperial sides(1). Some of the final bosses are challenging in VM even with a full team of four.

That got me to thinking... I don't think I've ever done KDY as an Imperial, and now I'm curious what the differences are. It should be easy enough to get into a GF group by only selecting KDY (or going solo - but my Marauder and Sniper are a bit low on DPS).

But then again, I'd have to do it multiple times to get all the various bits. 😕

Edited by JediQuaker

That got me to thinking... I don't think I've ever done KDY as an Imperial, and now I'm curious what the differences are. It should be easy enough to get into a GF group by only selecting KDY (or going solo - but my Marauder and Sniper are a bit low on DPS).

But then again, I'd have to do it multiple times to get all the various bits. 😕

If you don't mind minor potential spoilers, the only difference is framing. Pubside is defending the station from Imperial invaders, while the Empire is invading and trying to seize or just disrupt the station. The bosses change names, yes, but the mechanics of Lord Modo and Master What's-his-face are identical. The grenade bosses (Major Benes and Lieutenant Krupp, I think) are the same too.

The bosses change names, yes, but the mechanics of Lord Modo and Master What's-his-face are identical.

Then I need not bother. 🙂

I now also vaguely remember Lord Modo**, so maybe I have done it as Imperial. 🤔

** or, more specifically, I vaguely remember noticing the change from Jedi to Sith or vice versa.

Edited by JediQuaker