Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ability Delay from Georg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ability Delay from Georg
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darthtoph
01.27.2012 , 08:58 PM | #551
Same for me. Merciless Slash and Master Strike were greatly improved but now I can't seem to get off defensive skills like GbtF, at least not without triggering it 8-10 times. Same thing applies to Warzone Medpac which was never hard to trigger in the past...

You carry out a UI change to fix GCD yet break CD in general as all icons are now lit constantly with a blue CD fader fading down over blue icons (if Rep). Then you improve ability stuttering on some abilities but break others by making abilities that were working perfectly fine hard to trigger.

Seriously, even a 12 year old would get it right by now.
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

Metalmac
01.28.2012 , 09:52 AM | #552
I will try to keep this civil and simple. Only half the problem is being addressed by Develoupers.

My complaint is favoritism with the Imperials in Animations and PVP.

Example is many posts (with video) like when Imperial mirror class (Imperial Agent) they just flick the wrist and the bomb lands on the target and then they start the next ability action.

On my Scrapper I do the same thing with a slightly longer animation, but I can not do anything till the animation is finished in order to start the next ability. Instead I get this pretty swril of the bomb headed to target so this adds over .5 seconds to the time between abilities.

Over time on many of these abilities they all are longer on Republic side means they can not heal or damage or tank as well. So you get the underdog double nerfed by being less in number and forced to be much better to do the same job as a Imperial.

No wonder everyone is going to the Imperial side after being Republic, you are fighting way to many things and your own animations are top on that list of problems.

I would like the times between abilities to be the same for both sides as that would be fair and forcing Republic side to be slower for the sake of pretty is pretty lame. Function over Form please as without function what good is form.

asbalana
01.28.2012 , 10:13 AM | #553
A few days ago, I read in the business section of AOL a piece discussing nine "name" major companys that will disappear in 2012. I wonder which one you work for. Yes there are some products that are needed and exist in a non competitive eviornment. They will move on for a while until someone else comes along and they crash and burn. But any other orginization that thinks that it knows better than it's customers and that such customers are nameless, meaningless, faceless data points without the right of opinion with regard to the product that they are purchasing is well deserving of it's eventual failure and restricted sucess while still alive.

eschuler
01.28.2012 , 11:03 AM | #554
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post

A few days ago, I read in the business section of AOL a piece discussing nine "name" major companys that will disappear in 2012. I wonder which one you work for. Yes there are some products that are needed and exist in a non competitive eviornment. They will move on for a while until someone else comes along and they crash and burn. But any other orginization that thinks that it knows better than it's customers and that such customers are nameless, meaningless, faceless data points without the right of opinion with regard to the product that they are purchasing is well deserving of it's eventual failure and restricted sucess while still alive.
I am impressed with your thoughtful response. Thank you. As for companies going under in 2012, I can assure you that a company that has been, and continues to be the leader in medical software for over 20 years is not going anywhere in 2012. But thank you for your concern.

1. I did not say that Bioware does not care about their customers. I said they probably do not care about the ones that post saying "I will resub when...." Clear enough? As I am pretty sure the original post pointed that out if took the time to read it.

2. The company does know best when it comes to assessing and prioritizing bugs and enhancements to the software. I never said they do not listen to their customers, just like I did not say that I do not listen to mine. The Product Manager collects all the data and he/she and the senior executives for the product make the decision as to what is Critical and non-critical. They to not mark it as critical just because you think it is critical or because other customers believe it is critical. That is part of the evaluation and decision making process, but it is NOT the only thing they or I, make a decision based on.

3. Attack me all you wish, you still did not provide a convincing argument that you, or any other customer, has all the information about the game, its bugs, enhancements, timeline, or even the Corporate Strategy based upon detailed market evaluation of its competitors and future competition and thus, make better decisions as to what is 'Critical' to fix and when. You might think that you are the most important thing to any company who's software or product you purchase, but you are not. It is about detailed statistics and data that is collected from all sources. That should be what they base decisions on, not some arrogant forum individual who thinks they know more about SW:TOR than anyone at the company does. I have seen many of your posts, espcially about buying cars and having radios or not, yadda...yadda....yadda... Do you think Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan, Volvo, BMW, Lexus, Jaguar, Mercedes, etc. really care what you, the individual thinks about their cars? NO, they only care about the data collected and they make decisions based upon that data. That decision is not what is best for our customers, it is what is best for the company and the product. If the data tells them that they can sell 500,000 more units if they do this one thing that many customers complained about or suggested, then they do it. The only reason your car has a radio is because the company knows that if they do not put the radio in the car, everyone, not just YOU, will buy a car with a radio. You posting on a forum complaining that the car does not have a radio is irrelevant to the company's decision makers. They care about the "Customers as a Whole", not just YOU and YOUR opinion. If you think differently, then you should look in the mirror before you call someone else's post arrogant. and dumb.

3. You state that "But any other orginization that thinks that it knows better than it's customers and that such customers are nameless, meaningless, faceless data points without the right of opinion with regard to the product that they are purchasing is well deserving of it's eventual failure and restricted sucess while still alive."

Show me where I said this about anyone other than the "I will resub when or if..." crowd? Are you in that crowd? If so, then yeah, BioWare should not consider anything you say because you are not the type of customer that they should be seeking. They should be interested in what customers that have an active subscription think and complain about.

Anyway, since you are God and you KNOW everything about how a company and the Product Management Team should work, then I guess BioWare should hire you because you are much smarter than any of us and anyone that works at BioWare. You should put on your resume that you are the best Product Manager and/or Senior Executive of Product Development because you post on the SW:TOR website and read AOL. Shoot, I will resign and you can have my job. I am sure that my boss will take you at your word and put over 100 Million dollars in product sales a year into your EXPERT hands.

For all of you who are posting constructive feedback, I can assure you that BioWare is listening and has captured your complaints. BioWare has always been customer focused and I hope that never changes. Thank you BioWare and the SW:TOR team for your hard work and continued efforts to make the game a better place. Please do not give any acknowledgement to the idiots and "I will resub when...." crowd. They will only drag your game down like they did WOW and every other MMO that paid any attention to them.

Stepkick
01.28.2012 , 03:00 PM | #555
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hello everyone! We've posted a new blog from Georg that talks more about ability delay. Click here to read the blog!
You claim something you haven't even attempted to fix from the appearance of how things are in game atm. Sorry no offense but with all due respect having to spam a button 10 times for a defensive CD to activate is the most absurd bug in gaming history. Even the 90's Super Mario had a better response time to input.

redflamelcd
01.29.2012 , 06:52 AM | #556
SW:TOR free month expired today.

today, i resubbed my WoW.

Character doing exactly what I tell it to do at exactly the time I want it to do it.

Owning it up in pvp like it's 1999.

Winning.

brandonspikes
01.29.2012 , 06:54 AM | #557
Quote: Originally Posted by redflamelcd View Post
SW:TOR free month expired today.

today, i resubbed my WoW.

Character doing exactly what I tell it to do at exactly the time I want it to do it.

Owning it up in pvp like it's 1999.

Winning.
Wait, if your free time is up, how are you posting?

redflamelcd
01.29.2012 , 07:02 AM | #558
Quote: Originally Posted by brandonspikes View Post
Wait, if your free time is up, how are you posting?
who said you can't post if your time is up?

Beergogglez
01.29.2012 , 10:26 AM | #559
still broken

asbalana
01.29.2012 , 11:32 AM | #560
Quote: Originally Posted by Beergogglez View Post
still broken

True. I went to a planet yesterday that was four levels above recommended for my charactrer. The fights were very demanding and every part of a second of delay in cc, heal, or a damage cast is very apparent.

On the other hand, things are definitely a little better than they were before last weeks changes. My casts, although delay affected, are going off which is a good thing and some of the delays seem to be a little less than they were.

BW has said that a number of changes - fixes have to be done to resolve the issues and I guess that the process will be done in steps over time. Since this is a group of issues and some are character related (my SI and my Trooper reacted differently to the recent changes) while others are not, any improvements will appear to differing degrees to different players.