Please allow us to space Corso Riggs

Suzume_Bachi

Dear Bioware:

At least in your other games we could contrive to get rid of annoying and useless companions by having them killed off, so why don't you let us relieve ourselves of the intolerable burden of Corso Riggs?

I'm sure he'd be happier someplace where he belongs like with some smarmy moralizing Jedi or some slavishly devoted to the Republic trooper instead of being where he doesn't belong - with a smuggler.

It is even more of a sad travesty that femme smugglers are saddled with this insufferable putz as their sole romance line. It is particularly galling that as a scrappy, do-it-herself self-starting achiever female we get saddled with a whiny, useless bumbling loser and lost puppydog who doesn't belong. It's like a bad Heigl-Rogan rom-com movie. I find it hard to believe that there are any females out there so lacking in self-esteem that they'd like this pandering, ineptly white-knighting schmuck.

I don't want him on my bridge but he hangs out there like some SNAG-y stalker waiting for me to talk to him because he wants to romance. Ugh. I'd rather romance the wookie. At least he's worthy of my affection. I've permently friendzoned him and he still won't take the hint. Nowadays I only take him out when I'm flirting with an NPC so I can soak up the pleasure of his negative affection. Or take his weapons away and set him on a group of mobs just for the giggle-worthy pleasure of watching him die. "REALLY DYING HERE" Yes. BUT SADLY YOU KEEP COMING BACK!

I ignore him. I flirt (and maybe fark) with other men in front of his face. I send him to die and laugh as he does AND HE WON'T TAKE THE HINT and GO AWAY. I almost expect him to be writing a whiny post in r/mensrights about "friendzoning". I keep doing this in the hope that eventually he'll either get the hint and bugger off on his own accord or save me trouble by hanging himself.

I'd at least like to have the option to permanetly bunk him in the torpedo launcher or just under the engines so he can be sterilized. But most of all I'd like to space him or lock him in a bunker with the Rahkghouls. In that last scenario we'd have to "put him down for the good of everyone". Sad little puppydog. But we won't be shedding a tear like in Old Yeller. For sure.

I don't care about his story. I don't want him haunting my bridge. I want him gone. You don't even have to replace him with a less insulting more acceptable male romantic interest if you don't want to.

Just please, let us kill off Corso "Teats on a Bull" Riggs or be rid of him and his derpoon somehow.

Ceterum autem censeo, Corso esse delendam!

Edited by Suzume_Bachi

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Bioware:

Nowadays I only take him out when I'm flirting with an NPC so I can soak up the pleasure of his negative affection.

At least he gives some pleasure. I treat him like garbage, when he told me his first sad story I was just begging for my smuggler to say what my agent does "Are you going to cry"

The second I got him as my companion my words were "OMG they gave me this idiot, seriously?"

Yeah, very close to my words too. He clearly doesn't belong with a smuggler. He's a fish out of water in that world.

I think my first falling out with him was when he *****ed and moaned about me

shooting Syreena

even though she totally both EARNED it and DESERVED it. There was no way you can let her live and "He charmed the pants off of me" is NOT an excuse, girlfriend. She

helps steal my ship, sells off my cargo, gets a price put on my head by a notorious murderous gangster and THEN warns the volcano that I'm coming

and she somehow expects a good ride to be her get-out-of-being-shot-in-the-face card?

And yet Corso "Derpoon" Riggs decides to cry about it "You HIT A GIRL". Yeah, equal rights sugar.

HATE Corso. WITH. A. PASSION.

It's even worse that he's the "romance".

He keeps saying "I'd like a word with you", but I'm afraid he's going to ask me about licking a frozen pole or something.

You've pretty much nailed on the head my reaction to Corso as well. I don't hate him though, I find him too pathetic to hate and generally just a weak character. I honestly wonder what they were thinking when they wrote him. He's a chauvinist and sounds like a dumb-you know what whenever he makes one of those sexist "must pertect tha wimmin-folk" comments. I loved the comment the smuggler gets to make after that spoiler you mentioned where you can respond "what if a woman's shooting at you?" Yes, Corso, I do think you're a dumb hick. I don't get the Corso love myself that you find from some in the smuggler community. To each their own I guess, but I would definitely second your motion for a "lock Corso in the airlock and depressurize it" conversation option.

And don't blame Corso's derpness on Alistair. Even unable to make a decision as Alistair was I loved his character. I can't count how many times he cracked me up. ;)

Well too be honest poor Bowdaar is pretty squishy for a tank. As ranged tank - minus the harpoon which he loves so much he always turns it back on; I find him a lot more useful. When I'm doing heroics with the spouse he just works better as a tank. I haven't had much chance to use Risha yet since I just got her but I've heard when she's geared up she's quite the DPS beast, so she may become my new questing NPC buddy.

I started to get mad at Corso after he got mad at me for killing a unarmed woman.

I killed another one later (I am Dark Side) and when he complained I wanted to go back to my ship, take off and then eject him into space while the ship was in hyperdrive.

Obviously I couldn't do that so I just stopped using him the moment I got Bowdaar.

I do make some light-side choices now and again but when you run into that chick that you have alter Skavak's file so people will refuse to work with him or hunt him down it seemed logical to kill her so she couldn't tell anyone about it. That to me was a classic Smuggler choice where it's more about business then anything. Why Corso got mad at me for making a good business decision seemed strange.

Well too be honest poor Bowdaar is pretty squishy for a tank. As ranged tank - minus the harpoon which he loves so much he always turns it back on; I find him a lot more useful. When I'm doing heroics with the spouse he just works better as a tank. I haven't had much chance to use Risha yet since I just got her but I've heard when she's geared up she's quite the DPS beast, so she may become my new questing NPC buddy.

Bowdaar isn't squishy at all.

He has a AoE taunt that will make multiple enemies attack him at once and Corso doesn't. If you turn off the AoE taunt you'll see that Bowdaar survives longer.

Put him in decent gear and he is awesome. If you're a healer and you put him in Tanking/DPS gear he is REALLY awesome.

Edited by Saviorofcamelot

I am so tired of you guys and your inability to see the whole picture. Though he is a man his constant crying and simple ways have slowly que'd my genetic dispensation to over power and take what i want! Im so sorry you chicks are stuck with my special fancy boy but there are those of us that need a man that looks good in armor and a cocktail dress. Corso is my one shot at a three some, one day he will join me in flirt mode and the three of us will take that slow walk into my dreams and be forever bonded. LEAVE HIM BE!

awww so much hate :S

i liked mr. rigs. he helped me level up and we have many great memories together :p

i especially enjoy the moments where he didnt ****block me and i could get some sweet and tender lovin with a sexy sith after killing that obnoxious jedi girlie.

now that i think about it... he is ****blocking my char less than my irl m8s blocking me....

CORSO RIGS, YOU ARE MY BEST AND MOST TRUE FRIEND I HAVE!

atleast i like him and dont see why the hating, yeah well... im not using him anymore. but used him alot and enjoyed it :p decent quest getting her sister working for me.

(does all the other companions have quests aswell ?) coz only gotten from corso and risha. not any 1 else. and i have been throwing gifts in their faces right from the start

How about I just space all of you instead and then take your Corso's to help decorate my bridge?

The man is perfect for my smuggler, he's shown her that she doesn't have to be pissed off at everyone and everything.

I'm glad he's naive and cheerful and that he always tries to find the best in people. It's certainly better than the huge amount of douchebags I deal with on a daily basis.

Plus... those eyes, that face, the scars, the hair, the voice... he's so hot. The big hands help too... I've always loved a man with big hands.

*I*

Love

Corso

Riggs

omnomnom

Edited by silvershadows

Honestly... if given the option to launch Corso out of the airlock mid-flight to Nar Shaddar... I can't say I wouldn't do it.

I would love to jettison him in some emtpy, lightless part of space so that his frozen corpse can float alone in the dark for untold eons. That would bring me maximum happiness. It's exactly what that putz deserves.

You've pretty much nailed on the head my reaction to Corso as well. I don't hate him though, I find him too pathetic to hate and generally just a weak character. I honestly wonder what they were thinking when they wrote him. He's a chauvinist and sounds like a dumb-you know what whenever he makes one of those sexist "must pertect tha wimmin-folk" comments. I loved the comment the smuggler gets to make after that spoiler you mentioned where you can respond "what if a woman's shooting at you?" Yes, Corso, I do think you're a dumb hick. I don't get the Corso love myself that you find from some in the smuggler community. To each their own I guess, but I would definitely second your motion for a "lock Corso in the airlock and depressurize it" conversation option.

100% This. He's a slap in the face to women. And less than useless too. Yes, Derpso, what if a woman is shooting at you? I desperately wanted an option to shoot him in the face right then. And he only just gets worse. I wonder what kind of wierd pathology and self esteem issues they suffer from that would make Corso anything other than repellant.

I'm certain that they like their vampires sparkly.

Well too be honest poor Bowdaar is pretty squishy for a tank.

I keep him clad in level-appropriate blues and he does rather well. His AoE taunt buys me time to burn down the golds and keep them from shooting at me. As scoundrel I can just have him charge in and then I can just backblast everyone into oblivion.

Edited by Suzume_Bachi

What??

Corso is a total bro, period.

If he wasn't around I would have my eyes as if I had Hep B already. He's a good influence, the kind your mom wants you to have around, the kind you need or else you risk trespassing that thin line that separates your crew from being a respectable group of free-minded individuals to a ragtag band of mindless cut-throats ...

That's why I always roll with Risha :cool:

What??

Corso is a total bro, period.

If he wasn't around I would have my eyes as if I had Hep B already. He's a good influence, the kind your mom wants you to have around, the kind you need or else you risk trespassing that thin line that separates your crew from being a respectable group of free-minded individuals to a ragtag band of mindless cut-throats ...

Oh, he's a "Bro" alright and that's one of the things that makes him so annoying. I'm sure it's fun to let him turn your crew into a nice, unicorn-loving, kumbaya-singing band who loves to observe every and all posted Republic rules and regulations. We wouldn't want to cut corners or subvert the system while Corso "Avast, Boyscout" Riggs is around! Make sure all that paperwork is nice and orderly! Be sure to snap at attention too!

God what a putz.

Since we can't romance the rug or the fish and the "romance" option is so execrable it's too bad we can't same-sex romance her as she's the one who is at least worthy of my attention. We'd be Amazon lovers taking the stars together.

Send Derpso back to the farm where he belongs.

I hate him because he failed my purple level 250 Underworld mission. And this from the guy with +Underworld efficiency. LAME. I've totally shelved him at this point, heck, the droid has less failures on missions than him.

heh...kids these days. no respect for the people who deserve it the most. i happen to like Corso just the way he is. it was quite a pleasant surprise to see Bioware give my smuggler a true country gentleman as a companion instead of the usual generic, smooth-talking, boringly suave stereotype that's usually pinned on these types of characters. such a breath of fresh air.

move along, Bioware. nothing to see here.

I would love to jettison him in some emtpy, lightless part of space so that his frozen corpse can float alone in the dark for untold eons. That would bring me maximum happiness. It's exactly what that putz deserves.

100% This. He's a slap in the face to women. And less than useless too. Yes, Derpso, what if a woman is shooting at you? I desperately wanted an option to shoot him in the face right then. And he only just gets worse. I wonder what kind of wierd pathology and self esteem issues they suffer from that would make Corso anything other than repellant.

I'm certain that they like their vampires sparkly.

I keep him clad in level-appropriate blues and he does rather well. His AoE taunt buys me time to burn down the golds and keep them from shooting at me. As scoundrel I can just have him charge in and then I can just backblast everyone into oblivion.

Honestly I have no issue with how Corso is written I don't find it overly sexist at all. In fact I really like him, he's sweet and wants nothing more than for my smuggler to be happy and feel safe. Call me crazy but I find that endearing. I do however have a HUGE problem with what little I've seen on Vette's story line. Just the simple fact that imp's can slap her and make her cry really bothers me WAaaaaayyy beyond anything Corso say's.

heh...kids these days. no respect for the people who deserve it the most. i happen to like Corso just the way he is. it was quite a pleasant surprise to see Bioware give my smuggler a true country gentleman as a companion instead of the usual generic, smooth-talking, boringly suave stereotype that's usually pinned on these types of characters. such a breath of fresh air.

move along, Bioware. nothing to see here.

For one of those, play a jedi knight. Doc is hot too. He's an ***, but he's hot... and then he gets sweet. Corso, on the other hand, starts out sweet and then gets heart-meltingly sweeter.

I am a strong independant woman (much like my smuggler, in fact), and I ADORE Corso. Many things in this world I hate - Twilight, Justin Beiber, Gwen Stefani, sauerkraut, the color pink - amongst others.

But I love me some Corso "hawtsauce" Riggs.

LMAO @ We can't romance the RUG.

Having heard it like that I really wish I could romance him!

Totally. Bowdaar is more preferable than Corso "Schlemiel" Riggs. He's more manly and worthy to boot.

I hate him because he failed my purple level 250 Underworld mission. And this from the guy with +Underworld efficiency. LAME. I've totally shelved him at this point, heck, the droid has less failures on missions than him.

What's funny is that he's suck a little suckup to Republic Rules and Regulations it doesn't even make sense for him to have Underworld Trading. He's such a schmuck he'd have to turn himself in after every mission.

Listen, nobody is taking away your sparkly vampires, your Lifetime Television or your unfortunate reinforcement of negative stereotypes by lowering yourself to romancing this pathetic, worthless putz. You like weak, SNAG-y omegamale putzes and that's your perogative. Hate for Corso "Derpo" Riggs is near universal since Beta and all we want is the ability to make him go away permenently. Preferably painfully at the end of a blaster or alone in the cold, dark depths of space where he can float unloved and untouched for countless eons. We don't even have to ask the Devs for a better, less annoying replacement. We just want to be able to make him gone.

You can keep yours, I can put mine feet first through a wood chipper. Sure, I'd like a romance option with a worthy male who is not a complete schlemiel, but since there's obviously some demand for schmucks, putzes and schlemiels we don't want to ruin it for you.

Also, "Country Gentlman" is usually defined as someone who is more interested in his sisters and his cousins but I suppose that fits into the whole Corso thing rather well. Maybe he wants me to find his cousin Rona because he wants us all to have a little "a Trois". Figures.

Gods, that reminds me how much I hate the sound of his voice. *shudder* Ick.

Honestly I have no issue with how Corso is written I don't find it overly sexist at all. In fact I really like him, he's sweet and wants nothing more than for my smuggler to be happy and feel safe. Call me crazy but I find that endearing. I do however have a HUGE problem with what little I've seen on Vette's story line. Just the simple fact that imp's can slap her and make her cry really bothers me WAaaaaayyy beyond anything Corso say's.

Only Sith Trueblood get the discipline command and it works on all the companions, not just Vette. Although, honestly, it does seem very very unseemly how much the guys are enjoying smacking her around with it and not the other companions. I love Vette and made a male SW just so I can romance her. Off with that collar!

I do use /slap on Corso "Schlemiel" Riggs all the time just to see if he will get the hint and FOAD.

Anyhoo, you like putzes and that's your perogative.

Edited by Paralassa
content

Since we can't romance the rug or the fish and the "romance" option is so execrable it's too bad we can't same-sex romance her as she's the one who is at least worthy of my attention. We'd be Amazon lovers taking the stars together.

Send Derpso back to the farm where he belongs.

...Niceeeeee...

I think you're just mad because you have yet to turn your Corso into this...

http://i.imgur.com/UVxlM.jpg

Corso LaForge!

BTW, I'm about to romance Risha, should I go for it? feels kinda weird to me, this being an MMO and all... heh, I guess that's what I get after clicking [flirt] everytime it shows.