Comics

BrandonSM

I've read many more novels than I have comics, so I only have a small number of suggestions for this question.

Tales of the Jedi - spanning 5000 BBY to 3986 BBY (around 30 years before KOTOR I), starting with the first war between the Sith Empire and the Republic.

X-Wing: Rogue Squadron - takes place shortly before the novel series of the same name, and ties in quite nicely with the novels. Still a good read on its own, even if you haven't or don't plan to read the novels.

Dark Empire Trilogy (Dark Empire I, Dark Empire II, Empire's End) - an early modern-era EU work, wherein Palpatine returns to once again lead the Empire against the New Republic (though the Republic is consistently referred to as the Rebel Alliance, due to timing issues related to publishing).

Legacy - takes place around 140 years after the movies, featuring a new galactic war with basically three opposing sides: an Empire-in-Exile government, a Sith-controlled Empire, and Galactic Alliance remnants, and starring a descendant of the Skywalker legacy.

I'm not a huge Star Wars comic book reader, I've really liked the Old Republic comics that I have read. They are not the best, but they are enjoyable.

Actually a new Knights of the Old Republic comic just came out, it was pretty good to.

If your looking for non Star Wars comics, Batman by Scot Snyder is having a amazing run right now.