Augment slots

drunknurse

This Augment slot system is dumb. You have to keep crafting orange gear until it crits. more RNG based gear? guess they didn't learn their lesson the first time... THEN take all the mods out of your "top of the line" raiding gear, throw it in what ever orange gear you made, then get an augment for it.

Don't get me wrong, I like that you can have any look you want, I really do. However, I think there needs to be a simple way to add an augment slot in level 50 gear. Like a belt buckle from WoW if you will. I shouldn't have to make 10 of every slot just to get an augment slot when I don't even care about the look, I just want to min-max.

Thoughts?

Don't get me wrong, I like that you can have any look you want, I really do.

Honestly thats my problem with it more than anything. The items make me look like im level 30 leveling up again. Its a joke, granted a good idea, but i dont feel like i should sacrifice as much of the rataka/columi looks that i have to go back to dressing like i just rolled out of the gutter.

In terms of your RNG comparision, you honestly do 0 work for a free 10/12 stats added to your item. That brings your columi/rataka up to par with the current end game gear prior to REing it and having augs in it. That being said, I dont think you really have that much reason to gripe about it.

Edited by Lumineve

You missed the point. There should be a way to just add an augment slot to my rakata. Crit crafting low level orange gear shouldn't be the only way to utilize augments.

Says who? you?

You can't just talk in absolutes (there *should* be, etc) without properly justifying why. Just because you think you should be able to do something, doesn't mean thats the way it has to be in this game.

Anyway... isn't it possible to reverse engineer the rakata for the customisable shell, and then craft for the augment slot whilst keeping your rakata look? Admittedly you lose the set bonus, so you can choose whether you prefer that or the augment slots, but that won't matter when you start getting the next tier of gear as the bonus is tied to the armouring slot.

From the 'The definitive word on end game itemization in 1.2 ' topic in general...

1.2. adds a number of new orange appearances, through the new endgame sets as well as through mission discoveries.

We are also looking to make additional schematics available in the future and Champion is on the list for that, for example. For 1.2, with all it's features and additional work, I think we added a good number of new endgame appearance options, but there's definitely room for a lot more :)

You will be able to get the Battlemaster appearance via crafted shells and transfer War Hero mods, including set bonus, into it.

Also keep in mind that we are aiming to allow you to be able to add augment slots to existing moddable shells in Game Update 1.3, so definitely hold on to that Champion set of yours if you like it.

In short - the ability to add augments to raid gear is on the way...