BH Flamethrower

jediharrsion

Your not the only one infact their is alot of people that want their channeled abilitys back even if they have to be slotted in the talent trees.

The new flamethrower SUCKS it basicly a simple little puff of fire that doesn't even do alot of damage where as the tank one at least does decent damage.

Your not the only one infact their is alot of people that want their channeled abilitys back even if they have to be slotted in the talent trees.

The new flamethrower SUCKS it basicly a simple little puff of fire that doesn't even do alot of damage where as the tank one at least does decent damage.

It's the 2nd highest damaging ability for Pyrotech (if not counting DoTs), so it does plenty of damage ;) For an AoE skill, especially, it is very strong.

On one hand, I kind of miss the old channeled skills, especially Flamethrower. The thing is that it limits our mobility by quite a bit, I wouldn't want single target channels like Master Strike to be brought back at all, we are way past that. But for an AoE conal attack I think it would be fine to have it as channeled even now. Thing is that it is a pretty big chunk of PT's damage, even on single target, so it would need to be interrupt-immune, I guess? As otherwise you are basically nerfing your PT. Not sure if devs want to give Pyro an interrupt-immune slowing AoE attack, though...

In any case, I don't think those channeled attacks are ever coming back at this point, so you better get used to the instant ones :p

Edited by Equeliber

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just came back after being away for years and I noticed this and what they did to Ravage/Master Strike did they ever say what dev did this what pack of idiots thought "Hey changing this makes gameplace sense but btw make sure the animations look ugly" Killed me wanting to play any of my old toons that has a light saber or my BH's so now Im down to Sniper and Slinger

Man, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't enjoying BH this time around but this is it. Something was off and it's the missing flamethrower! How is it that a simple ability made such a difference for my enjoyment. Powertech used to be my favorite and now I'm sad. :(

• 3 weeks later...