Major Operations GF bug

Ok, I think it is major. Others may not think it is a big deal.

Situation. Group queues for random Ops. Gets Monlith and does not clear it but walks into another operation. If they have to queue for a replacement that replacement gets Monlith since that is where GF has the group.

As a result that person who queued will not get the reward for a random GF as they should because they have to go into the instance the group is in or take the deserter penalty.

Just pointing out what I think is a major flaw in the current GF for Ops.

Ok, I think it is major. Others may not think it is a big deal.

Situation. Group queues for random Ops. Gets Monlith and does not clear it but walks into another operation. If they have to queue for a replacement that replacement gets Monlith since that is where GF has the group.

As a result that person who queued will not get the reward for a random GF as they should because they have to go into the instance the group is in or take the deserter penalty.

Just pointing out what I think is a major flaw in the current GF for Ops.

Queuing, walking out from what GF gave you and then walking into a different OP but the system still considers the group like it's under GF, random queue reward included? It sounds like this is the unhintended behaviour/bug and the rest is a consequence tbh.

True. It is more of an issue player behavior due to the GF design.

Since monolith was the phase showing but everyone was in TFB I suspect this has to do with the Monolith being more challenging than the other two single boss fights and most of the SM Ops. I would not be surprised if this happens to someone else.

They need to fix this immediately. You shouldn’t get the gf bonus if you walk into a different op.

I do not think the original group is getting the bonus.

The person who filled a vacant spot that queued for a random OPs is the one who deserves the bonus but does not get it in the situation noted above. That is the issue.

So what are you saying? They should be able to do the boss solo or it is ok they get screwed?

Probably a good solution would be a GF group that does not complete their instance that the GF assigned them to cannot reset their active phase until it is completed or the group reforms.

That would prevent this issue and is a does not punish the original group.

Edited by ThatGuyToo