Companion Nerf, Who is leaving/unsubbing poll

Deamandred

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reunsubscribed as well after patch

not because they buffed still massively over powered companions but because (in part) they gave in so fast to the whiny snowflake tantrum crowd when game effecting bugs have gone unfixed for months and years.

Plus I was already walking fine line over the idiotic conquest crafting changes (that received bigger negative feedback yet didnt get reversed or adjusted from the massive over nerf)

So once sub done, Im gone.

Take a look again in March or April and see if they smartened up on any of the issues

But with announcement of this product http://store.steampowered.com/app/369200

it seems we might actually have a sci fi/cyberpunk style MMORPG to contend with SWTOR in the upcoming future. Which will FINALLY force EA to care about this product

Edited by Kalfear

Companions that play the game on my behalf are a horrible, dysfunctional and broken concept. It is a bad thing for everybody, people are just too selfish and short sighted to care. it is bit like some morbidly obese dude stuffing a cake after another inside his mouth.

BW please put the nerf back or me and my friends and wives and children will all unsubour 40o accounts.

On a more serious note, amount of selfish entitlement in this thread is utterly sickening. It saddens me we all like the same game. I'd love to enjoy a game ya'll hate.

Edited by Stradlin

I am still seriously confused on why they shifted all the threads to keep companions healing effectively to the off topic. I see a thread in general "stop it anti nerfers" maybe more people enjoyed the game when the companions were OP. I know I leveled 5 alt inside of a month. I played literally all day and this one time I played all night. It was really fun. I thought that was the objective of the game.

All I can think is, they'd better get faster with actual content releases. If they are changing gears from replayability to longetivity, this alliance style grind isn't going to keep people entertained.

I've already switched focus to just two characters. If the story isn't dynamic and varied between classes, they've killed alts with this expansion, IMO.

All I can think is, they'd better get faster with actual content releases. If they are changing gears from replayability to longetivity, this alliance style grind isn't going to keep people entertained.

I've already switched focus to just two characters. If the story isn't dynamic and varied between classes, they've killed alts with this expansion, IMO.

They have said many times that starting in January (the story crew is taking a break after those 9 chapters, and also for the movie release in December) there will be a further chapter released each month.

I re-subbed after the patch. I assume the buff was going back to 4.0. I'm not trying to sound negative. It was so much fun when you are used to killing mobs one after the other with no real reward other then they are dead. I can do the same thing by just running past the groups of mobs.

Sure. They all chase me. I get as close as I can to the class quest before dying. The mobs served no real purpose to me. They're not hard to beat. I can slowly shoot a fire rocket. Rocket Punch, Pyro and Stun repeat. It's that I get nothing from killing them. Their like lines of mobs keeping me from having fun. They only serve the purpose to slow you down in progression. When the companion buff hit. As someone who's ran the same side quest over and over to the point I even barely think about the mobs when I'm fighting them.

It was a welcome surprise. I don't know people want to rip that from game for the "danger" of dying. Maybe if I was brand new to the game. I would find killing repeated mobs more fun or maybe if the mobs looked different in some way expect looking literally the same mob I killed a minute ago. Their just plain mobs.

I haven't tried the new companion buff. I just wan express why I liked 4.0 Buff so much and why I had hoped it was "optional" to keep it as many people kept saying it would be. But it wasn't.

Companions were always a cool feature, but they never were as fun as they were until 4.0. SWTOR was hardly a grindfest anymore, and I actually enjoyed doing the Heroics that I had never done before, and it was also a great way to make credits doing so. Bioware literally ruined that aspect for a lot of us. as musco said "Although this can be FUN, we think its too overpowered." Bioware just doesnt want people to have "FUN" in a game that is made for "FUN" and enjoyment. Seriously bioware, way to bring up the hype, only to disappoint us. I can barely stand PvE anymore.

I've been a sub sence 2013, but this has seriously po'd me, and made me consider unsubbing for the first time. PvE is not fun anymore, and the companion feature is close to useless. Especially with no add of companion conversations.

A small nerf may have been okay, but companions are like stick people now.

I'm not unsubscribing "yet" - but... I am extremely pissed at how badly they nerfed all companions. People whine about companions being to powerful on a PVP world, well that's what you get for attacking someone that might kick your butt. Not only can I barely get Ashara's affection back up (she seems to hate woman on woman affection) but now she is literally useless once she is capped out (same goes for any other companion as well). BIOWARE you really need to get your heads out of your back sides or go see a proctologist if you are unable to do so.

I don't even know why I am writing this its not like BIOWARE even reads these or cares about their subscribers, as long as you get your $$$ that is all you give a pile of bantha fodder a bout. Oh and I have been playing this game since the initial testing phases but I guess that don't mean squat to BIOWARE either.

For me personally. It's just harder to log in. Before I used to love logging in. Now I find myself just logging in to play PVP for a few rounds. I haven't even went back to the class quest on my bounty hunter. This game is really nice but the bugs on it are everywhere. I honestly don't know if I will keep playing. I don't want to just remove it from my game features yet. At the same time I'm not overly excited to play it. Before I was literally playing all day. Now I just log in for a few PVP matches.

Oh how I wish they would just kept it the same. For 22 days we were promised this great new expansion. The chapters are fun for the most part. The majority of the game is leveling etc. I'll likely maybe stop playing then come back once all the chapters are released. I really want to keep playing the game. It's just the horrible grind combined with the bad coding on the game just kinda lets me down. I'll likely keep playing since its only so much per month. If I need space on my SSD. I'll likely remove it.

I have canceled my sub after being a sub since 2012, believe I have 23 days left. I play a merc healer and for me swtor downward spiral started with SoR. Not because of story but because of how bioware ignores us when it comes to issues that effect game play. I was in a strickly raiding guild and when SoR went live the ability lag and ravager exploit and how long it took to address it single handedly killed off the guild I was in. The time it took for bioware to address the issue gave me reason to start looking elsewhere. Bioware finally fixes it and I come back but it was not the same. The disciplines changes was nice and exciting then kotfe was announced. I was lucky enough to get into beta for it but was dissapointed when the numerous bugs myself and others reported were still there when it went live. Kotfe made the game fun again for someone like me at least for a little while. Then came the fiasco, the companion Nerf. Granted I didn't care much since I had stopped pve pretty much all together and started pvp all the time. The cartel market changes were a huge let down. Then I had an epiphany one night while sitting on the toilet and reading the forums, bioware doesn't care about me or my experience with their product they only care about getting my money. So i chose to speak in terms bioware can understand, sub canceled. Good bye swtor and all the people of the game. May you still find the game fun and hopefully support the game for many years to come. I had fun while I was here and may return one day but for now it is good bye.

It's sad to see so many people going. As much I complain I don't see any other MMO with choice aspect. I simply wish they would allow us to play the way we wanted. They kept this Nerf would be entirely optional. That it would be our choice to play two different ways. We were mislead. It wasn't optional. If they would simply buff companions to the way they were the majority of people would be much happier.