Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious

Lord_Butcher

Displays of power or as you call it ''feats'' is not the only thing that have weight.That's why i mentioned the Son before.

Some measurements of power are understood and agreed upon by default because of the nature of what something or someone is.

I don't need to see the Son performing the spell called Dark side tendrils,besides the fact i can't think of any legitimate use of it besides Darth Zannah,but i still know he is more powerful than her.

That's where Vitiate's strength is in regards to such discussions.And he is not a Sith in the normal way the word is understood anyway.Sidious is still the most powerful Sith Lord ever.Vitiate is not a Sith.He doesn't care about the Sith paradigm,it's code,it's goals or any kind of philosophy whatsoever.I wouldn't even use ''he'',i would use ''it'',because it's not a usual mortal being,even from his birth.

Vitiate -wanting to suck and annihilate all life on purpose (not by default because of Nihilus's nature) is the ultimate evil,which has nothing to do with the Sith Order.

Can Sidious defeat Vitiate in combat?Absolutely yes.SW history has proven that more power on paper is not a guarantee of success.

Edited by Kaedusz

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Displays of power or as you call it ''feats'' is not the only thing that have weight.That's why i mentioned the Son before.

Some measurements of power are understood and agreed upon by default because of the nature of what something or someone is.

I don't need to see the Son performing the spell called Dark side tendrils,besides the fact i can't think of any legitimate use of it besides Darth Zannah,but i still know he is more powerful than her.

That's where Vitiate's strength is in regards to such discussions.And he is not a Sith in the normal way the word is understood anyway.Sidious is still the most powerful Sith Lord ever.Vitiate is not a Sith.He doesn't care about the Sith paradigm,it's code,it's goals or any kind of philosophy whatsoever.I wouldn't even use ''he'',i would use ''it'',because it's not a usual mortal being,even from his birth.

Vitiate -wanting to suck and annihilate all life on purpose (not by default because of Nihilus's nature) is the ultimate evil,which has nothing to do with the Sith Order.

Can Sidious defeat Vitiate in combat?Absolutely yes.SW history has proven that more power on paper is not a guarantee of success.

Sith is a title, nothing more. People put too much emphasis on the fact that the Sith Emperor is not a Sith and therefore for some reason exempt from the standard laws of Force power. He is not.

I don't care if the Sith Emperor is the Prince of Persia he uses the dark side of the Force in the same manner as any other Force User and he is not a Celestial. The Son, Daughter and Father are living manifestations of the Force, the Sith Emperor (or Sidious) do not compare. There are no similarities that can be drawn between them.

Nor does philosophy have any bearing on Force Power, again he could be a Unicorn Preist and it wouldn't make him any more or less powerful. In the end "feats" - as everyone calls them - are what demonstrate power, and the Sith Emperor does not have a lack of feats. If he truly was as powerful as you suggest he would have surpassed Sidious is his usage of the Force, but he does not. So the only logical conclusion is to assume he is not as powerful.

Why else would he not be capable of such things? You could attribute it to the Sith Emperor not having the time to display his abilities but my analysis specifically highlights the deficiencies of his power, there are many situations in which the Sith Emperor simply hasn't been capable of performing something, while Sidious has been. This can be said of foresight, telekinesis, Force lightning, mind control, Force drain and essence transfer.

And for the record, if you actually read the analysis you would know that Sidious has been touted as the most powerful user of the dark side as well - so essentially you are contradicting canon here also.

I don't care if the Sith Emperor is the Prince of Persia he uses the dark side of the Force in the same manner as any other Force User and he is not a Celestial. The Son, Daughter and Father are living manifestations of the Force, the Sith Emperor (or Sidious) do not compare. There are no similarities that can be drawn between them.

Interestingly (and off-topic as well) Xendor doesn't believe the Celestials to be indicative of the true reality of the Force.

Sith is a title, nothing more. People put too much emphasis on the fact that the Sith Emperor is not a Sith and therefore for some reason exempt from the standard laws of Force power. He is not.

Nor does philosophy have any bearing on Force Power, again he could be a Unicorn Preist and it wouldn't make him any more or less powerful. In the end "feats" - as everyone calls them - are what demonstrate power, and the Sith Emperor does not have a lack of feats. If he truly was as powerful as you suggest he would have surpassed Sidious is his usage of the Force, but he does not. So the only logical conclusion is to assume he is not as powerful.

Why else would he not be capable of such things? You could attribute it to the Sith Emperor not having the time to display his abilities but my analysis specifically highlights the deficiencies of his power, there are many situations in which the Sith Emperor simply hasn't been capable of performing something, while Sidious has been. This can be said of foresight, telekinesis, Force lightning, mind control, Force drain and essence transfer.

And for the record, if you actually read the analysis you would know that Sidious has been touted as the most powerful user of the dark side as well - so essentially you are contradicting canon here also.

The Sith emperor is a Sith its in his title, all other "force entities" do not have such a title under their name.

The Sith emperor is a Sith its in his title, all other "force entities" do not have such a title under their name.

The point is he's not a Sith in belief, he's a maniacal monster who wants to destroy all life in the Galaxy, and then give up on the force...

Edited by Selenial

Interestingly (and off-topic as well) Xendor doesn't believe the Celestials to be indicative of the true reality of the Force.
Well Xendor needs to wake up. :jawa_wink:

Wait wasn't he the guy who led the Lettow? Effectively advocating use of the dark side over the light? Figures.

The point is he's not a Sith in belief, he's a maniacal monster who wants to destroy all life in the Galaxy, and then give up on the force...

He doenst want to "give up" on the force he wants to become an all powerful god. Honestly you cant get much more "Sith" then that since all they crave is power and that is exactly what the emperor wants. So he holds true to the most basic of Sith tenants. He was born a person was a Sith in name and ideals and ultimately still is. He just uses the Dark transfer technique to transend time.

Edited by tunewalker

Well Xendor needs to wake up. :jawa_wink:

Wait wasn't he the guy who led the Lettow? Effectively advocating use of the dark side over the light? Figures.

Indeed he does need to wake up.

Though he also says the same about the Ashla and Bogan.

He doenst want to "give up" on the force he wants to become an all powerful god. Honestly you cant get much more "Sith" then that since all they crave is power and that is exactly what the emperor wants. So he holds true to the most basic of Sith tenants. He was born a person was a Sith in name and ideals and ultimately still is. He just uses the Dark transfer technique to transend time.

Oh Jesus I thought you knew a thing or two about him.

Sorry, my Mistake.

He wants to destroy the Galaxy, travel to other Galaxies and settle down. He wants to become a Farmer, a Diplomat, a Chef, a Simple man... He wants to live infinite lives seeing the Universe for Eternity.

Oh Jesus I thought you knew a thing or two about him.

Sorry, my Mistake.

He wants to destroy the Galaxy, travel to other Galaxies and settle down. He wants to become a Farmer, a Diplomat, a Chef, a Simple man... He wants to live infinite lives seeing the Universe for Eternity.

Last I checked he didn't want to settle down he wanted to destroy the galaxy become emortal and then DO WHAT EVER he wanted to experience life in all its facettes because he could he is still seeking power he is still seeking immortality he is still seeking FREEDOM these are the basic tenants of the Sith I am sorry I thought YOU knew something about Vitiate since it pretty much explains every one of his motives in game. But hey I guess this is just like Traya "bringing people back from the dead" thing when the people she healed were described as "still clinging to life and their wounds are not Mortal wounds" AKA they wouldn't have died if they got hospital care even with out force healing.

Your sarcasm is unappreciated especially when you provide no proof and only your own twisted view on the subject.

Edited by tunewalker

Last I checked he didn't want to settle down he wanted to destroy the galaxy become emortal and then DO WHAT EVER he wanted

Which is exactly what I said, to which you replied:

He doenst want to "give up" on the force he wants to become an all powerful god.

Which completely contradicts the post.

But hey I guess this is just like Traya "bringing people back from the dead" thing when the people she healed were described as "still clinging to life and their wounds are not Mortal wounds" AKA they wouldn't have died if they got hospital care even with out force healing.

Shocker. Loses argument, brings up past argument as a weapon.

Oh, and "Ah, the wound is not a mortal one" translates to "It's all good, I can heal it." Not that he would have survived had she not been there.

Which is exactly what I said, to which you replied:

Which completely contradicts the post.

Shocker. Loses argument, brings up past argument as a weapon.

Oh, and "Ah, the wound is not a mortal one" translates to "It's all good, I can heal it." Not that he would have survived had she not been there.

That's not giving up on the force he is still using it and the moment he experienced life in all its facettes he would have gone and become emperor of an entire galaxy just because that is another "experience" nothing contradicts any of what I said its still basic Sith tenants

And apparently you don't know the definition of Mortal wound. A Mortal wound is a wound that you can die from if the wound is not Mortal then it wont kill you to let it heal naturally unless it progresses further.

Edit: going to have to take some time away getting angry again and saying things I shouldn't.

Edited by tunewalker

no proof and only your own twisted view on the subject.

"You discern a fraction of reality, beyond these stars, exist other galaxies, other worlds, other beings. I will experience or ignore them as I wish, i will spend eternity becoming everything, a farmer, an artist. A simple man. When every living being in the Galaxy finally dies, I will have peace, and wait for the cycle to start again.

"You discern a fraction of reality, beyond these stars, exist other galaxies, other worlds, other beings. I will experience or ignore them as I wish, i will spend eternity becoming everything, a farmer, an artist. A simple man. When every living being in the Galaxy finally dies, I will have peace, and wait for the cycle to start again.

lol yes he will be at peace he will be free

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me.

Its in the sith code itself.

Edited by tunewalker

That's not giving up on the force he is still using it and the moment he experienced life in all its facettes he would have gone and become emperor of an entire galaxy just because that is another "experience" nothing contradicts any of what I said its still basic Sith tenants

See the post beneath your post.

And apparently you don't know the definition of Mortal wound. A Mortal wound is a wound that you can die from if the wound is not Mortal then it wont kill you to let it heal naturally unless it progresses further.

Again your sarcasm unappreciated all it does is serve to piss me off and make you look like the *** Hole I am beginning to believe you to be.

There is no definition of a Mortal wound. There is a definition of Mortal.

If it was a "mortal wound" then NOTHING Traya could have done would have saved him. A Mortal wound is unhealable, the only thing left would be death. "This wound is not a Mortal one" simply means he can be saved.

But this argument doesn't belong here, you're derailing the thread. Just the Sith emperor discussion from this post should continue...

And stop the insults. If anyone's looking bad here, it's you.

lol yes he will be at peace he will be free

The Force shall free me.

Its in the sith code itself.

*Sigh*

Firstly, he won't be free because he just wants it to all start again.

Secondly, even if he holds true to that Tenant, it doesn't mean he's a Sith! He only used the force to become immortal, after that he's done! After that, he no longer cares, no longer needs it. He doesn't want to use the force to rule, like the Sith, he holds no grudge against Jedi any more than he does Sith...

See the post beneath your post.

There is no definition of a Mortal wound. There is a definition of Mortal.

If it was a "mortal wound" then NOTHING Traya could have done would have saved him. A Mortal wound is unhealable, the only thing left would be death. "This wound is not a Mortal one" simply means he can be saved.

But this argument doesn't belong here, you're derailing the thread. Just the Sith emperor discussion from this post should continue...

And stop the insults. If anyone's looking bad here, it's you.

Using sarcasm is an insult in and of itself its just one with a bit more shading to it. I am sorry I have a really short fuse these days.

As far as Mortal wounds not being healable well this is simply wrong as several jedi have been described as healing "mortal wounds" including people like Faya and Saba Sebatyne so when talking here a Mortal Wound is a wound in a which a person could die from even if they got standard Medical attention while a force user can transcend and heal other wise unhealable wounds traya didn't. She healed wounds that would have been treatable with medicine at the time. While you would be correct in the real world this is Star Wars and their terminology is often used differently.

As far as Mortal wounds not being healable well this is simply wrong as several jedi have been described as healing "mortal wounds" including people like Faya and Saba Sebatyne so when talking here a Mortal Wound is a wound in a which a person could die from even if they got standard Medical attention while a force user can transcend and heal other wise unhealable wounds traya didn't. She healed wounds that would have been treatable with medicine at the time. While you would be correct in the real world this is Star Wars and their terminology is often used differently.

While I said drop it, I'll humour you.

Got a quote where it's described as "mortal wound"?

'Cause you can't just use an "It's star wars" excuse. Tobin got swiped across the chest by a Drexl and was left for dead...

*Sigh*

Firstly, he won't be free because he just wants it to all start again.

Secondly, even if he holds true to that Tenant, it doesn't mean he's a Sith! He only used the force to become immortal, after that he's done! After that, he no longer cares, no longer needs it. He doesn't want to use the force to rule, like the Sith, he holds no grudge against Jedi any more than he does Sith...

The Force shall free me.

He still gained victory by killing everyone and the Force freed him by freeing him of Death a continual use of the force after you are "free" is not required to be a sith using the force to BECOME "free" is. As he has not become "free" yet he is still following all of the tenants.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

The Force shall free me.

He is using his strength to gain power (which he has as the emperor) and he is trying to use that power to achieve victory by destroying the whole galaxy by destroying the whole he is using the Force to free himself of a life as a leader and free himself from any kind of mortal shell at all. He is trying to free himself of everything allowing himself to be free to do everything and then watch as the galaxy dies just so he can be free to do everything all over again. As he has not reached the freedom stage of it yet he is still using the force and he is still following ALL of the tenants. What happens once you are "free" is not in the Tenants and is irrelevant as he never gains the Freedom he seeks as he doesn't gain the power he needs nor the Victory.

While I said drop it, I'll humour you.

Got a quote where it's described as "mortal wound"?

'Cause you can't just use an "It's star wars" excuse. Tobin got swiped across the chest by a Drexl and was left for dead...

There existed a related Force power possessed by a descendant of Darth Vader named Cade Skywalker. This power the ability to bring others back from the brink of death, healing mortal wounds.

That's one I am sure I can find a few other if I dug long enough but 1 is enough to prove it exists.