PVP Schematics broken?

Fionah

I purchased the Battlemaster Eliminators schematic box from the pvp vendor and made myself a full set of the armor. It appears I can't use the armor until I have a valor rank of 60. However I can purchase the same armor from the pvp vendor with pvp tokens by just being level 50 with no valor rank requirement that I was able to see. So, I should be able to purchase the whole set with tokens by the time I get to a valor rank of 60, making the armor I made useless? . .. is this working as intended??

If it is working as intended, I guess I am a bit confused on what use the schematic box was for me.

Thanks

It gives you the ability to use crit crafted gear in 5 slots, provided you reach the valor pre-req. Same as the WH set.

However, the set bonus on BM doesn't transfer. So... in an endgame sense, it really gives you the BM appearance with aug slots however slotting in WH armoring, in an ideal world.

Some people, for example, like the Trooper Supercommando appearance.

Working as intended.

As the above poster says, the reasons they let you craft it are so that you can crit and get augment slots, or if you like the look you can put PVE mods in one set, or if you want to put the WH mods in the BM set without having to buy a new piece for comms.

The reason they don't let you use it if your valor is too low is probably because they don't want people who do not PVP to be able to look like they got PVP gear. This is probably also the reason why they do not have schematics for the PVE endgame gear, as there's no PVE equivalent to valor.