Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revel — A Sith Story

Myddelion
12.29.2017 , 12:04 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by ObsidianBones View Post
Greetings from Las Vegas!

Things be getting interesting in the story. I figured the humans would try something like taking Mebeth and Bo's weapons, but lucky for her, she had her previously acquired lightsaber along with her training blade. Reading this makes me seriously want to start cracking on my SWTOR fanfiction but I've got three others to finish first. Too many projects at once, plus college courses (almost done with those though).

Just curious: I take it you've read The Old Republic books. How are those because I'm considering picking those up once I've finished Dracula.
Greetings! I imagine it's snowing a good deal less where you are

Bo clearly needed to give that blade a bigger hug, then they wouldn't have been able to take it, unless he happens to be a ridiculously deep sleeper. I can sympathise with the 'too many projects' dilemma. Thankfully I've whittled this down to my only ongoing fiction writing, but I have so many other things floating around. I'd planned to do my own 72-hour game dev challenge over Christmas, but realised a) it was the wrong time of year for it and b) I'd completely forgotten how to use Unity. At least I can say with Mebeth that I get something done regularly!

I've actually only read Annihilation (about Theron) and Fatal Alliance, although I think that's half of them already. In any case, both of those are excellent reads and the Lost Suns comics are okay to read as Annihilation's prequel, though obviously quite short in comparison (and they couldn't seem to make up their mind on what Theron's face looked like, but oh well). There are some other comics which give some more background, but they're all a bit 'meh' compared to the books.

I know there are books about Revan as well, and as those are written by Drew Karpyshyn (Annihilation), they're undoubtedly great as well. The Darth Bane trilogy isn't technically Old Republic (branded, anyway), but I've just started reading it and it's good so far (Karpyshyn again).

Good luck with the rest of college, and your projects!
The Ocean Floor — A Sith Story (AKA Revel)
The Shadow of Doubt — Theron after Iokath (Empire side)

Myddelion
01.08.2018 , 02:06 PM | #82
Tempest — Trialled by Passion Part 1:
Spoiler

ObsidianBones
01.10.2018 , 07:31 PM | #83
Wow, just wow. Nice plot twist! Looks like Bo offed the Twilek in order to get rid of some of the competition but Mebeth clearly saw through that. Looks like the sneaky Zabrak may get his though after she severed their connection to the Force's illusion. Still enjoying the story so far.

Myddelion
01.15.2018 , 03:39 PM | #84
Tempest — Trialled by Passion Part 2:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by ObsidianBones View Post
Wow, just wow. Nice plot twist! Looks like Bo offed the Twilek in order to get rid of some of the competition but Mebeth clearly saw through that. Looks like the sneaky Zabrak may get his though after she severed their connection to the Force's illusion. Still enjoying the story so far.
Glad you're still enjoying it! It was definitely luck on Mebeth's part more than skill that saw her sever the illusion, there. This may be the trial they feel is the final step to freedom, but despite that, there's a long way to go before I'd call any of them competent. I can't help wondering, if you put the Dark Council in a maze without the Empire at stake and only the promise of personal gain, how many of them would come out alive?