About Treek

Darcorn

Today I've taken the plunge and bought the Mercenary Contract to get Treek, She is absolutely amazing. I've done the Dark Temple missions that I had trouble doing with Mako. I have two questions though:

1. If I unlock Treek account wide then all my created toons get her for free but what about new toons that I'll create. Do they get Treek for free or do I have to buy the MC again?

2. Any advice on how to gear Treek up? I've been thinking on upgrading her equipment via mods, enhancements since all her equipment is orange but I don't know if they're moddable

1. Yes, she will be unlocked and available for all future alts as well.

2. Treek's equipment - armor & weapons - is mod-able. Note though that Treek's appearance doesn't change when you change her armor, so you can simply swap new armor pieces in (mod-able or not) without bothering to remove and transfer mods.

(The only changes you can make to Treek's appearance are through Companion Customizations.)

Treek is an optional Ewok companion. She can either tank or heal, and is largely considered to be the best tank companion in the game (she's a decent healer too, but she is more on-par with the regular healing companions, whereas there is a noticeably superior difference in her tanking as compared to the regular tanks).

You obtain her via a quest that is unlocked when you use the "Mercenary Contract" item. You can buy this item for 2100 Cartel Coins in the Cartel Market (kinda steep as far as general per-item CC costs run, but totally worth it if you can afford it). The item is *not* bound until you use it, so you can occasionally find these items on the GTN. Expect to pay upwards of 2.5mil for them, though, and they're not always available (as a lot of people don't want to spend that many CCs on an item unless they're actually planning to use it themselves).

Every once in a while, the Treek Mercenary Contract goes on Cartel Market sale. I got her last Black Friday at 50% off. I think they've done that one time since. And back in the past, she was offered at 80% off, but I missed that one :(

On top of this, there's a 700 CC fee to collections unlock her for all your alts. Fortunately for me, that was also 50% off on most collections unlocks, including this one, in that same BF sale.

So, 2100+700 if not on sale. But who knows when the next Treek sale will be.

Treek is an excellent tank for sure. As far as I know, he's the only one who will tank and self heal at the same time. As a healer, as others have said, my experience is he's no better than the other healer companions. Very much worth the investment.

That being said, using treek through the stories you miss out on a lot of interaction with your regular companions. Not only affection gains, but the input they put in to dialogues, etc. Treek has only ever gained affection from my dialogue choices during RotHC expansion, never during the regular story or SoR expansion so far.

I was in a group doing False Emperor Hard-Mode on-level, when our Tank had to leave after HK. One of the others I was running with summoned up Treek, and she quite happily tanked the bonus boss and the end boss.

... Actually, she probably did a better job than the real guy who had to quit out.

I've done the Dark Temple missions that I had trouble doing with Mako........ Any advice on how to gear Treek up?

It just occurred to me that, if you don't know how to gear up Treek, you probably didn't know how to gear up Mako either, which would explain why you think Treek is so much better. Mako comes with lower level equipment than Treek - but either of them need to be upgraded if yo wish to keep using them. Treek won't get far with her default level 32 equipment.

Another thing to consider about Treek. Bioware has stated emphatically that the Cartel Market is not "pay to win". It would obviously be against that policy to sell a companion that was significantly "better" than other companions. A lot of people compare Treek to ill-equipped companions, rather than similarly equipped ones.

Every once in a while, the Treek Mercenary Contract goes on Cartel Market sale. I got her last Black Friday at 50% off. I think they've done that one time since. And back in the past, she was offered at 80% off, but I missed that one :(

On top of this, there's a 700 CC fee to collections unlock her for all your alts. Fortunately for me, that was also 50% off on most collections unlocks, including this one, in that same BF sale.

So, 2100+700 if not on sale. But who knows when the next Treek sale will be.

Ok, either I've missed something or have been wasting money for months. I bought the contract for $1mil, but whenever I create an alt I have to pay $300k on each character to unlock her in my legacy tab. Is there a way to unlock her in collections even tho I didn't buy the CM version?

Is there a way to unlock her in collections even tho I didn't buy the CM version?

I did that too, (paid 300k twice) until I found the contract in Collections. Go to the first section - Cartel Market - and check under Special. You should find the Mercenary Contract: Treek there.

Edited by JediQuaker

I did that too, (paid 300k twice) until I found the contract in Collections. Go to the first section - Cartel Market - and check under Special. You should find the Mercenary Contract: Treek there.

Well I just learned something new! Because I've paid that 300k about 8-9 times :(

Thanks!

Another thing besides the gear is many people leave their story companions in a default mode, they don't realize you can expand the companion ability bar and have to choose to put them in a heal/dps/tank mode, they default to no mode. Treek comes with her two modes right on the abbreviated bar so people use them and then compare her to companions that don't have their role set, and so don't do as well.