Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Empire are the good guys?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Empire are the good guys?

AlrikFassbauer
10.08.2019 , 09:06 AM | #121
Meta speaking, the Empire are the guys because they provide a better and fresher story to players and drive the story.

What would games be without a big bad baddie to beat ? Nothing, because most stories of "coming into power" revolve around exactly that.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

GHaley
10.08.2019 , 10:27 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Except in the Empire you can be born into slavery with no possibility of self-determination.
We watch a slave ascend all the way to the Dark Council.

MadDutchman
10.08.2019 , 09:26 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by GHaley View Post
We watch a slave ascend all the way to the Dark Council.
An exception that proves the rule.

Especially considering how many try to keep the SI down because they are a former slave. Not exactly "good guy" behaviour
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

GHaley
10.09.2019 , 11:18 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
An exception that proves the rule.

Especially considering how many try to keep the SI down because they are a former slave. Not exactly "good guy" behaviour
Darth Thanaton was also a slave at birth.

OldVengeance
10.09.2019 , 01:56 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
You could. This has since been changed, with the ban on manumission being lifted and slavery as a whole being heavily deemphasized.
I don't think it was ever "banned" before, given that there were some examples of slaves being possibly freed, even at the start of the game, but I also don't think there's any evidence that slavery is being deemphasized, much less heavily deemphasized, in the Empire.

Xilizhra
10.10.2019 , 04:43 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I don't think it was ever "banned" before, given that there were some examples of slaves being possibly freed, even at the start of the game, but I also don't think there's any evidence that slavery is being deemphasized, much less heavily deemphasized, in the Empire.
One of the codex entries mentioned that the Emperor had banned ever freeing any slave, until after the Great Galactic War, at which point that ban was lifted for Force-sensitives to add more Sith to the ranks.