Fps Issues, Help requested.

Kinggvito

Hi guys, sorry for adding to the large amount of fps issue threads on this fourm.

I've had a very low fps since I bought the game (around 14-18 on average)

Here are my PC specs:

AMD Athlon II X3 440 processor

RAM: 4GB (3.74 is usable)

64 bit operating system

ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics Card

What do you guys think? Should I buy a new graphics card?

I'll post any additional info if anyone requests

Thank you in advance.

Yeah that's not really a graphics card, it's an integrated chipset. You'll want to get an integrated graphics card for the best results.

As far as AMD goes it's

x000-300 Integrated chipsets, terrible for gaming

x310-490 Budget Cards, not great for gaming

x500-790 Mainstream Cards, Decent for gaming

x800-990 Enthusiast Cards, Great for gaming

Edited by Dasffion

The actual graphics card you have is fine its probably the processor thats giving you trouble But just so you know I am not an expert on this but as long as the video/graphics card for ATI Radeon is X1800 or higher it should work fine.

The X series is a completely different series of cards, what he has is integrated graphics, which are terrible for gaming.

The actual graphics card you have is fine its probably the processor thats giving you trouble But just so you know I am not an expert on this but as long as the video/graphics card for ATI Radeon is X1800 or higher it should work fine.

That is not a video card its for media playback so it has no power to run video games unless you reduce everything to minimum. It does run the game but what you get is all your going to get with what you got.

Intergrated video is not designed to run games on its just not its for laptops to play back media that's it.

Any video card in the 100-150 euro range will give you a good 70-100 fps depending on zone, even with everything on high (including shadows, bloom, etc.). I keep them on low because I'm an fps addict, but they give you a lot of mileage.

How good a card you can get depends on your power supply too. Mine is 400 w, but good for what it is, and the card works beautifully with it.

I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 TI, which was about 120 euro. You can go a bit lower, but you don't have to go higher to get good performance.

I have the same video chip you have, the 4200. I knew this would not be powerful enough so I did not bother buying the game. Your processor is good and so is your ram. Get a new video card and make sure your power supply is powerful enough to handle its power needs. also make sure the power suply has a power connector for the video card you get. My friend just gave me his spare ATI Radeon HD 5750 a few days ago so I can play this game. I bought the game and its so smooth even with graphics set to high. The 5750 runs about $115 on newegg.com. not too bad. I am a computer tech and have been doing it for over 20 years (I am old :) ) so do yourself a favor and get a new video card (and power supply if needed). Edited by sedds