sith sorcerer healing questions

Anagramofpain

I am leveling up my sorcerer as dps but I am curious if my healing will remain viable in FPs as I level. When i get to 55 i will most likely respec, but leveling seems more fun as dps. I would be nice to be able to heal in FPs if i could.

Are you a subscriber? if so your respec is free.

I personally enjoy healing FP's as well. What i like to do is get the most for my time when i log in. So if i feel like a FP i usually just do one because i get the daily/weekly quest terminals and then i get any additional quests offered. Then i que. Often times as either a healer / tank your que is instant or close to. then you respec real quick and your good to go either way.

I am leveling up my sorcerer as dps but I am curious if my healing will remain viable in FPs as I level. When i get to 55 i will most likely respec, but leveling seems more fun as dps. I would be nice to be able to heal in FPs if i could.

I am assuming you mean healing in a DPS spec. In this case, your ability to heal successfully will wane in the mid-30s. If you are REALLY good you can push that to 40. Beyond that your in-ability to sustain healing starts to show (resource management starts to become a real problem) and so you need to be specced for healing to heal in FPs.

Healing in DPS spec is never a good idea, it might be doable to a certain level or if your groups (mainly tank) carries you by either being very skilled or overgeared. With respec being free (and for 200k available anywhere at any time excep for warzones) I personally think it's plain rude to drag a team down just so you can get a quicker queue. Even if you're some exceptionally good player, the difference between you and a healer specced Sorcerer will be great.

I think it's okay to queue for whatever role you like until Mandalorian raiders. When you get to MR, then actually being spec'd for your role starts to matter. Levelling as a healing sorcerer becomes a lot faster at level 34 when you get force storm. If you want to heal, then spec for healing. People aren't blind either. If your group sees you using chain lightning or death field in Cadimimu, they're going to know why your healing is sub-par. If you really want to stay in a DPS spec, then stop joining the FP queue as a healer. The only incentive to play something boring and slow like a tank is faster pops. You don't get to take that advantage away from other healers so you can pop ahead of the other DPS characters who are playing by the unwritten rules.