Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Rewards Survey

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MaximusRex
11.12.2015 , 10:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Blimey! Its taken them 3 years to figure out that they actually have a player base to ask and get feedback from.
They have posted asking for feedback in the forums literally dozens of times before this.

eartharioch
11.12.2015 , 10:53 AM | #22
I took the survey, but I don't think it accurately captured my opinions.

For example, you ask us to rank the KotFE sub gifts from 1-5, but you indicate both the gift (say, 'Duster') and it's category ('gear'). I was unimpressed by the Duster itself (nondescript reskin of existing gear) and I think the pistols are very good looking (when drawn, holstered is clowntasticly oversized), so I rated the pistols higher. However, in general, I would find gear (usable by all characters and companions) to be a larger incentive than a weapon (not usable by all characters or companions).
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

omeru
11.12.2015 , 10:54 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

One of the things our team is exploring is to continue giving increased value to your subscription time. Example being the additional rewards we issued each month of being a subscriber leading up to Fallen Empire's launch. After some internal discussion, we decided, why not just go to the source to get some of your feedback as well!

At the bottom of this post you will find a link to a survey which will get your insights into the types of things you like, and would like to see as a subscriber reward. If you have time please take a few minutes and fill out the survey.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SubscriberRewards_04
How about giving us new content, caring about your game, fixing bugs, and a balanced pvp that would keep more people subscribed.

Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
They have posted asking for feedback in the forums literally dozens of times before this.
Yes they did and in the end nothing happened after that, they just ignored feedbacks

WorldSmasher
11.12.2015 , 10:57 AM | #24
Took the survey. Chose "Other" and wrote a few paragraphs of why I was disappointed in the existing rewards (Nico was not exclusive after all. You could get him from doing the quest. Nico's Duster is just a crappy re-skin of an existing crappy monkey coat design. Etc.)

Sauin
11.12.2015 , 11:01 AM | #25
Your missing the options - "was already a subscriber - rewards had 0 impact on my choice to subscribe" and an option for "I didn't like any of the above rewards " otherwise nice attempt to reach out to us.

All my rewards are still sitting in the mailbox, I had no use for any of the stuff except the XP booster and no space to store them in my banks. I didn't consider Early Access/beta to be much of a reward either, it's like treating us like kids at Christmas, letting us open presents early <shrug>

Anyway hope to see more of these surveys in the future!

P.S can you hire a droid to walk the halls of Bioware chanting "choices are good!, give players choices!" i think your current droid must be malfunctioning!
"I was gonna pwn the galaxy tonight, but I took a patch in the knee "

DarthMaulUK
11.12.2015 , 11:02 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Anaesha View Post
Blimey! I wonder why that is? it couldn't have ANYTHING at all to do with the level of hostility and toxicity of this games player base could it? NO that couldn't be it there must be another reason behind it!
Actually their reason behind it is simple. Given that almost all those who purchased the expansion completed it in under 3 hours - there is now nothing else to do in game. Therefore, some players will think 'I will only sub when the next update arrives' - hence, Biowares trademarked carrot & stick approach.

They simply want to know what will keep people subbing between content droughts..whoops, drops, given there won't be any new operations or flashpoints for a VERY long time.

ScarletBlaze
11.12.2015 , 11:03 AM | #27
I made a suggestion on maybe doing a rewards program based on the amount of time you have been a sub sort of like a veteran award program (something maybe like swg had) where it is based on the amount of times you have been a sub.

I know there are people in this forum that have been a sub since launch and I believe some of them should have a better reward than say a person just sub a week ago.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

dscount
11.12.2015 , 11:03 AM | #28
ERIC-

I hope the "DO NOT RESKIN" point comes across loud and clear. Lots of people not happy we got something that was already in game. To be honest I was pretty annoyed about that and felt BW didn't do it's homework.

Unique should be.. UNIQUE.... nothing else like it in game and nothing else like it via Cartel market later or in game.

Please don't tie early access to 3 month sub (Or make it like 2 weeks instead of 7 days) next time.

Something "LEGENDARY" for those subbed for xx months and every 3-6 months you get another "LEGENDARY" item. I'd like to see a Legendary token given out each month of SUB'd that allows us to purchase one item of choice (Like Containment Armor Set). Sell the tokens for like xx Rak, xx Gree, xx Bounty as well so folks can buy items with more tokens instead of just wait for SUB to update. Maybe use those now impossible to get CARTEL CERTS?
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Jerba
11.12.2015 , 11:04 AM | #29
Nice to see a public survey available for everyone, wouldn't have expected that amount of openness. Hopefully, when the next time we get subscriber rewards, you will also mention which option was the most popular so we know that our opinion has been heard and it did not just disappear in the drawer.

For me, the decision what the best subscriber reward is is a tough one because I'm always subscribed (save for a few hours/days downtime until I redeem another 60-day card); I don't subscribe just for a certain reward but to do operations and just to support the game and play without restrictions. But if I have to choose, the best reward IMO was the 7-day early access. Even though it means playing with all the bugs, I like being one of the first to see new content.

Going forward, I only ask for two things: Always announce beforehand when a subscriber reward is coming up so that we have a chance to subscribe and don't miss out e.g. because our old subscription has just run out and we haven't had time to renew. And second, don't offer rewards for consecutive sub time like other games do. Because for players like me with 60-day game time cards, this would not work unless we always enter a new card before the old one runs out. The KotFE subscriber rewards where you had to be subscribed on certain days was fine though IMO.

racknut
11.12.2015 , 11:04 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Morlach View Post
How about rewarding us veterans who have stayed loyal and subscribed through thick and thin?
Hear, hear! I've been playing since beta and a sub since launch. Let's also see something new exclusive items on the VIP and Security Key vendors.