Is it possible to avoid trying to kiss Lana Beniko as a Consular? (KOTFE)

ArkhaanPremiare

Just something that happened during KOTFE. I don't recall flirting with her even once, what the hell. There was an option to do so that I purposely avoided, yet they still tried to kiss each other. Then that whiny smuggler-mechanic guy almost got his *** cut in half when he interrupted. Hilarious scene aside, is this going to mess everything up? I escaped multiple times, it happened no matter what. This better not effect the other relationship, I'd hate my Consular to suddenly be viewed as a cheating scumbag. I know when I played the Sith Warrior and romanced Jaesa, the game considered him to be in a relationship with both her and Vette even though he'd only flirted with Vette and made him choose. Edited by ArkhaanPremiare

It could be a bug if you're sure you never flirted with her before (and I wouldn't be surprised with all the romance bugs out there) but still got that cutscene/conversation. That being said, at the end of chapter 9 there is an opportunity to "lock in" a romance with either Theron, Lana or Koth, so as long as you don't pick that option in that chapter (which is very obvious and even comes with a pop-up asking you to confirm), you should be ok in terms of staying faithful/not being considered a cheater.

How hard is it to read?

ha, I edited my post just before you replied. but as you beat me to it I will answer this.

I run though this several times and picked zero flirt option and never once kissed lana, so?

Plus Djiini seemed to have managed this as well, so not just me.

More to the point in the seen you point out you don't kiss Lana.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Even if the game forces you to kiss her for some reason, the romance won't officially lock in unless you choose the "[flirt] I need to talk to one of you" option in the cantina scene later and choose Lana.