Spanish Subtitles for the new expansion KotFE

el-sanchez

Hello!, How you doing? Hope Good!

The Latin / Spanish community wished to have the game in Spanish, this desire is since the beginning of the game. But today we come to ask that at least for the new expansion, you think of us, thats why we suggest the following points:

• Storylines with Subtitles (Spanish): Not everyone can understand the great stories of the game, which does not allow a good experience for the player. Therefore for this new expansion we suggest to put subtitles in Spanish to the Conversations.

• Decisions in Spanish: This point is related to the point above. Many people respond randomly becauset they dont know what it saids in the respond, and if for new expansion decisions will worth much, it would be a shame not to take the desire decisions to enrich our experience as a player. Therefore for this new expansion we suggest to put the decisions in Spanish.

Remember that the Latin community exists, and we support you, we are players that wants to have the same experience as everyone have.

We ask for Subtitles because if more easy. Long live Swtor.

This is for those that dont undestand english

"Hola, espero que estés bien!

La comunidad Latina/Española ha deseado tener el juego en Castellano/Latino, esto es desde el inicio del juego. Pero hoy venimos a pedir que por lo menos para la nueva expansión se nos tome en cuenta, sugerimos los siguientes puntos:

• Storylines con Subtítulos: No todos pueden entender las excelentes historias del juego, lo cual no permite una buena experiencia para el jugador. Por lo cual para esta nueva expansión Sugerimos que pongan subtítulos en español a las Conversaciones.

• Decisiones en español: Este punto está relacionado con el punto anteriormente mencionado, muchas personas responden al azar porque no saben lo que dicen las decisiones que podemos tomar, y si para la nueva expansión las decisiones valdrán mucho, sería una lástima no poder tomar las decisiones deseadas para poder enriquecer nuestra experiencia como jugador. Por lo cual para esta nueva expansión Sugerimos que pongan las decisiones en español.

Recuerden que la comunidad latina existe, y los apoya, somos jugadores que deseamos tener la misma experiencia que tienen todos.

Larga vida a Swtor."

From: The Ebon Hawk, The Dark Force (IMP) and The Royal Force (Rep)

Edited by el-sanchez

The Latin / Spanish community wished to have the game in Spanish, this desire is since the beginning of the game. But today we come to ask that at least for the new expansion, you think of us, thats why we suggest the following points:

• Storylines with Subtitles (Spanish): Not everyone can understand the great stories of the game, which does not allow a good experience for the player. Therefore for this new expansion we suggest to put subtitles in Spanish to the Conversations.

• Decisions in Spanish: This point is related to the point above. Many people respond randomly becauset they dont know what it saids in the respond, and if for new expansion decisions will worth much, it would be a shame not to take the desire decisions to enrich our experience as a player. Therefore for this new expansion we suggest to put the decisions in Spanish.

Remember that the Latin community exists, and we support you, we are players that wants to have the same experience as everyone have.

La comunidad Latina/Española ha deseado tener el juego en Castellano/Latino, esto es desde el inicio del juego. Pero hoy venimos a pedir que por lo menos para la nueva expansión se nos tome en cuenta, sugerimos los siguientes puntos:

• Storylines con Subtítulos: No todos pueden entender las excelentes historias del juego, lo cual no permite una buena experiencia para el jugador. Por lo cual para esta nueva expansión Sugerimos que pongan subtítulos en español a las Conversaciones.

• Decisiones en español: Este punto está relacionado con el punto anteriormente mencionado, muchas personas responden al azar porque no saben lo que dicen las decisiones que podemos tomar, y si para la nueva expansión las decisiones valdrán mucho, sería una lástima no poder tomar las decisiones deseadas para poder enriquecer nuestra experiencia como jugador. Por lo cual para esta nueva expansión Sugerimos que pongan las decisiones en español.

Recuerden que la comunidad latina existe, y los apoya, somos jugadores que deseamos tener la misma experiencia que tienen todos.

Larga vida a Swtor."[/

Edited by AMCASTRO

Larga vida a Swtor." :cool:

Larga vida a Swtor."

The amount of new players will increase greatly if they at least add subtitles in other languages, believe me constantly I hear people saying their WoW buddies won't join them in TOR because it's wholly in English.

Recently Blizz raised the montly quote on WoW LA and lots of people are unsubing. Gotta catch em all!

Larga vida a Swtor.

• 4 weeks later...

:rak_03:

REPORT POST QUOTE

Larga vida a Swtor."

Greetings,

While I understand your desire to play in your own native language I just don't see that happening.

For one it takes a lot of time and resources to translate the expansion, not to mention the entire game. And in my opinion those resources can be put to better use creating more content for the entire community.

Then there is the whole issue and forgive me for stating this but "what makes you worthy?". If they make an exception for the Spanish speaking community, why not do it for the Italians, or the Dutch, or any other number of players. I would not be surprised if the first additional requests start popping up in this very topic soon....

Edit: And there they are

Edited by Asunas

I would very much like this expansion translated as well—I would not care if it does not happen though.

And I understand your point: ''What makes the latin community more important than Italy, etc.?''

Of course there are not countries more important than others but I believe that—I can be mistaken, of course—the expansion translated into spanish would give benefits to BioWare since the latin community (including Spain) is very huge and it may bring a lot more of people to the game. I understand, though, that it would cost much money but what they could get in exchange could be better. At least they could add subtitles, for voice acting is expensive.

But again, I still understand that even being one of the most spoken languages around the world, nothing makes spanish more important than italian, greek, swedish, etc.

Thank you.

--------------------

Me encantaría que la expansión se tradujera también—Aunque no me importaría que no pasara.

Y entiendo tu aspecto: ''¿Qué hace que la comunidad latina sea más importante que Italia, etc.?''

Claro que no hay países mejores que otros pero creo que—puedo equivocarme, claro—si la expansión se tradujera, traería beneficios a BioWare ya que la comunidad latina (incluyendo España) es enorme y podría traer mucha más gente al juego. Entiendo que costaría mucho dinero pero lo que recibiría Bioware sería más beneficioso. Al menos podrían añadir subtítulos, pues el doblaje es caro.

Pero bueno, sigo entendiendo que, incluso siendo una de las lenguas más habladas por todo el mundo, el español no es mejor que el italiano, el griego o el sueco.

Gracias.

Edited by asue
Grammar mistake.

Why limit it to Spanish?

While we're here, add language choices to warzone/group finder queues-check all the languages you can speak and understand. I found myself alongside a Republica Latina (I think I spelled that right) premade and couldn't understand a word they were saying. They're good at PvP, but if teammates can't understand each other, playing as a team gets extra-hard.

Edited by ALaggyGrunt

Lets not limit to the expansion the whole game would get a LOT of new players if they at least add subtitles on different languages to the whole game. (Cinematics, Windows, Item names and descriptions, lore, tutorials, etc.) not just the expansion.

• 5 weeks later...
Greetings,

While I understand your desire to play in your own native language I just don't see that happening.

For one it takes a lot of time and resources to translate the expansion, not to mention the entire game. And in my opinion those resources can be put to better use creating more content for the entire community.

Then there is the whole issue and forgive me for stating this but "what makes you worthy?". If they make an exception for the Spanish speaking community, why not do it for the Italians, or the Dutch, or any other number of players. I would not be surprised if the first additional requests start popping up in this very topic soon....

Edit: And there they are

my answer to your negativity

between harbinger-jedi covenant and bastion we are more than 600 players. we worth ¿why? the 85% of that people pay his/her sub. check the spanish sommunities in facebook, see by yourself

UP to spanish subs in-game.

Many of my friends have left the game because they have frustrated for don't understand completely the story (which is a big part of the game). I really believe that a big part of the latin/spanish population doesn't feel attracted to the game because of this frustration.

We don't need a voice over work, just the spanish subs, it´s nothing out of this world, in many games the community players end translating the game texts...

Edited by BajeroSDS

Larga vida a Swtor."

LOL I just read this post to see all the spanish phobic "arguments", but dont found any of it =(

On the other hand Spanish, Italian, Swedish, maybe Aurabesh and Wookies too, should get subtitles. It is hard and maybe could cause some bugs like any other update patch but painless. I Support !

However, I guess Erick and Crew are gonna ask for a certain amount of subscribers. But they'll find them. I'm playing on Bastion Server (Known as the less populated one of US) and you can easily count 150 "latin"subscribers on prime time. So you may find about twice or triple on Lag-Binguer or any other populated servers including european ones.

PDT: American, Aussies and Rest of the World often blame Bioware for poor game quality stories, how ever they should be aware that swtor need large amounts of subscribers for that to happen. Some games Like WoW and LoL found that gold mine on language diversity.

• 1 month later...

Por favor subtitulos ya , yo sin ir mas lejos tengo 12 amigos que están deseando jugar pero no lo harán hasta la posible traducción , que es un gasto de dinero inicial pues si , pero no debemos olvidar que es el 2º juego con mas ingresos procedentes de micro pagos por detrás del LOL , el dinero que gastan lo amortizarían en no mucho mas tiempo , por favor solamente textos e interfaz , tengo unas ganas tremendas de jugar la historia pero no la consigo entender.. por favor chicos de Bioware y electronic Arts , traducción ya , lo imploramos.

Gracias y un saludo.

• 2 weeks later...
hello!, how you doing? Hope good!

The latin / spanish community wished to have the game in spanish, this desire is since the beginning of the game. But today we come to ask that at least for the new expansion, you think of us, thats why we suggest the following points:

• storylines with subtitles (spanish): Not everyone can understand the great stories of the game, which does not allow a good experience for the player. Therefore for this new expansion we suggest to put subtitles in spanish to the conversations.

• decisions in spanish: This point is related to the point above. Many people respond randomly becauset they dont know what it saids in the respond, and if for new expansion decisions will worth much, it would be a shame not to take the desire decisions to enrich our experience as a player. Therefore for this new expansion we suggest to put the decisions in spanish.

Remember that the latin community exists, and we support you, we are players that wants to have the same experience as everyone have.

We ask for subtitles because if more easy. Long live swtor.

this is for those that dont undestand english

"hola, espero que estés bien!

La comunidad latina/española ha deseado tener el juego en castellano/latino, esto es desde el inicio del juego. Pero hoy venimos a pedir que por lo menos para la nueva expansión se nos tome en cuenta, sugerimos los siguientes puntos:

• storylines con subtítulos: No todos pueden entender las excelentes historias del juego, lo cual no permite una buena experiencia para el jugador. Por lo cual para esta nueva expansión sugerimos que pongan subtítulos en español a las conversaciones.

• decisiones en español: Este punto está relacionado con el punto anteriormente mencionado, muchas personas responden al azar porque no saben lo que dicen las decisiones que podemos tomar, y si para la nueva expansión las decisiones valdrán mucho, sería una lástima no poder tomar las decisiones deseadas para poder enriquecer nuestra experiencia como jugador. Por lo cual para esta nueva expansión sugerimos que pongan las decisiones en español.

Larga vida a swtor."[/

Larga vida a Swtor."

Larga vida a Swtor."