Coruscant Achievement: Black Supernova

Has anyone else tried to obtain this achievement? The objective is "Defeat 500 Black Sun Humanoids". The problem? 95% of the humanoid enemies in the Black Sun territory flat out don't count. Clearing the entire zone netted me less than 25. How the heck are we supposed to complete this?

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a mistake from the devs, if you scroll over the one from Migrant guild, they mention; 'Defeat 150 Migrant Merchant Guild combatants of strong difficulty or above on Coruscant'. Which is an acceptable number.

For the Black Sun however: it states;'Defeat 500 humanoid Black Sun combatants'

Once you you enter justicar you get the same as in The Black Sun region; 'Defeat 150 Justicar combatants of strong difficulty or above on Coruscant

Hence I expect it to be a mistake or bug.

If so, they face a rather huge problem. For all us completionists who have grinded that region so badly, it would be cruel and bad publicity for them to change it and make us have to start all over from scratch just to set it right.

However what they could do, is fix it and grant the ammount we currently have to the new count.

Those who have completed it, still have it( though might whine about the waste of time, yet should have made the connection earlier and waited) and those who are about to do it or working on it, to catch a breath. Yet, communication is key as they need to let us know like they did with crafting issues, whether or not we should continue or wait until it is resolved..

Edited by Taratahi

Face merchants doesn't help for that cause there are only standard humanoids in there. What you can get in there are strong droids.

So yes, this achievement needs to be fixed. I hope Amber reads this and will write it down to the Known Issues. Cause there aren't a lot of strong/elite humanoids in the Black Sun Territory. It will take ages to complete this achievement.

Yep, I filed a bug about this too.

Either they need to change the text to reflect that it is only strong mobs that count and in that case reduce the numbers to more reasonable levels in comparison to the Justicars or they need to change it so we really do get credit for all mobs.

As it is now the text states one thing and the achievement works another way.

I think 500 strong is what they intendet.

I made them within 55mins today in the black sun territory (on the market place where you have to kill strong mobs for one mission).

Just killed everything while running in a big circle with my thermaldetonatorthrowing slinger =)

Why do i feel they ment 500 strong? Because there is another achievement on coruscant to kill 5.000 (yes five thousand) mobs.

Edited by Eshmael

• 4 weeks later...

They are bugs.

-500 strongs in one area is ridiculous.

-5000 total anything is ridiculous.

-Face Merchants is worthless for this, I get credit for exactly 0 kills towards the 500 strong. Did you actually try it before giving that advice?

-Getting 500 strongs in 55 min is BS. There are not enough of them, and they don't respawn fast enough. I think you are mixing this up with another achievement

• 2 weeks later...

No fix as of 2.1.1. If they at least made >=strong droids count too it would be better. Still too much but better.

There are 2 places where you can get like 8 in an area.

-Outside rooms on Face Merchants (inside the instance all the strongs are droids so no help there).

-The area with the booby-trapped crates.

So what's the "achievement" here? That I can run around with a level 50+ toon one-shotting stuff for hours? Obviously that's not what was intended. On DK leveling 3 toons through all missions pretty much got me all the achievements. Coruscant should be the same. It's not even close.

I have reported the 500 black sun humanoids as a bug.

5000 on the Eradication achievement is not unreasonable as it is achievable if you roll alts. The main problem is that many players have rolled alts that have gone past coruscant before the achievements and those kills dont count

• 2 weeks later...
I have both achievements, neither took that long to get, the 500 strong took about an hour and a half, and that was using an at level character to farm it. the 5000 kills isnt too bad either when you are farming the other achievements.

• 3 weeks later...
It is funny how doing all Dk achis took me maybe 2 hours max (on sorc, excellent for aoe), while for this I need probably 20 hours, just to get all respwans :D More bias, please. And on DK there is no 5000 kills requirement, why? It is the same planet as Corusant, same level. Hm hm.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I am working on this achievement now, and also some normal black sun npc’s do count toward this one, not just strong. Clue is in the achievement text (combatants) which means you need to read the npc’s names / titles.

For example near the taxi at BST, thugs and sawbones counts towards this achievement, while cutters does not. A cutter will fight you, but is not a combatant like a thug.

Correction, it seems like it is bugging out a few times on my smuggler when one-shotting in stealth. So first kills often is not counting. I got counts towards the achievements too on cutters.

Edited by Ststephan