In Praise of the 6.1.1 Conquest Overhaul

xordevoreaux

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people have positive things to say they should post to this thread - rather then bumping the 'other' one with its negative title - it will then keep this one alive :-)

I am certain a certain poster has multiple toons which they are using to keep the other one going...

Aside from having become incredibly alt-friendly, it also integrates seamlessly with the game itself. It doesn't feel like an arbitrary feature anymore, but just a natural part of the gameplay.

yes this 100%! in fact, I've consciously been trying different things on different toons since it all adds up!

yes this 100%! in fact, I've consciously been trying different things on different toons since it all adds up!

same here, even on weeks where I've less time, I can still do CQ on the 'important' chars. While still enjoying the game my way.

<Dead Wookiee Storage> is up to 67 now.

Players (mostly my alts, but a few other actual people) are contributing and getting their rewards, even selling the SRMs to fund their gear acquisition.

I've even switched the goal back down to the 2 million mark so I could slowly start to bump up the Pub Side sister guild <BabysLaughter>

That one will stay private, however, too many people get the name wrong.

The point, and why the post is in this thread...I wouldn't have been able to do this anywhere near as fast w/o these very welcome changes to conquest.

And that's why the new Conquest system is truly amazing. These changes were necessary from the start, as it finally enables people to truly play the game their way and the way they like to play. No one is forced to play in a specific way anymore, as you can try a different approach on every toon and all methods are a viable manner of participating in Conquests.

How anyone can have a problem with that, that people enjoy playing a game their own way, is beyond me.

How anyone can have a problem with that, that people enjoy playing a game their own way, is beyond me.

I've said it before, the only people who don't benefit are the mat sellers, the market has tanked a lot, although ssr's are still making some credits.

I've said it before, the only people who don't benefit are the mat sellers, the market has tanked a lot, although ssr's are still making some credits.

Tell me about it …

One item that has a very high turn over rate has dropped from 1.2 mil each (in January) to just over 300K each this past week) :eek:

I have a quantity of over 3K of another item that I'm watching the market to bounce back just a tad before I sell (to minimize my loss). But hey .. that's all part of the market. I've made over 2.5 billion in last few months ( even with the market tanking ) ... soooo... It's all cool though!

What's funny … several outfits (like Satele sets/individual items) has jumped over 50% !! :eek:

Go figure !!

It's all good !!

I definitely love the new 6.1.1 It's unquestionably win/win for everyone !

well …. almost everyone ! ;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

Having now experienced the changes for a couple weeks, what I find the most unfortunate side-effect of the change is that the only thing that counts anymore for conquest is sheer number of players in a guild. I've joined several conquest guilds in an effort to get that elusive "Conqueror of the Galaxy" title, and what's happened since the patch hit is striking.

Before, mass guilds were still advantaged but didn't necessarily always win. In fact, the most successful conquest guild on my server was so despite maintaining standards in the players they invited, requiring a written application and a conversation with a guild recruiter, and they still managed to be on top despite somewhat lower numbers because of organization and constant conquest-related guild events. That created a sense of community that I never expected out of a conquest guild.

Now, the only thing that counts is mass - pure body count and nothing else. The guilds that have moved into the "most successful at conquest" role are those that invite everything that moves on Korriban, Hutta, and Dromund Kaas, and have no sense of community at all outside of a very small core. Everyone else is just there to pad the numbers, and half just turn guild chat off to avoid the people writing inane nonsense turning guild chat into fleet chat.

The changes are mostly good for people just trying to reach their conquest goals as a small guild, there's no denying that, and they're in the majority. It's just sad what you have to do to win conquests reliably as a guild now.

Having now experienced the changes for a couple weeks, what I find the most unfortunate side-effect of the change is that the only thing that counts anymore for conquest is sheer number of players in a guild. I've joined several conquest guilds in an effort to get that elusive "Conqueror of the Galaxy" title, and what's happened since the patch hit is striking.

I can only speak for starforge, as that's where I main, and do CQ. But before and since the changes, it's been the same guilds. Sanctuary is the number 1 CQ guild on SF, and they have 2 pub & 2 imp, if they wanted to they could control all planets, most weeks, but thankfully, their leaders are respectful to the gaming community, and usually have all four targetting the one planet, to give other guilds a chance. The other guilds that are on top, hasn't change much, some have dwindled off a bit, as the've become less active, new ones pop up who are massivlely active. Personally, I don't tthink the changes has affected it much. It's mostly affected smaller guilds who can now, grab the low yield planet, or even move up to the bigger yields. And if the there are one man guilds out there, who can now hit the target, fair play to them. It's a win win for, except maybe mat farmers...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

Thanks to this new Conquest system, I am about to win our guild-internal competition (who gets the most points). It's the first time ever that I got to that position. :eek::D

And I did this all simply by playing MY WAY. I didn't play one single thing which I dislike.

This is fantastic!

And please, I have to shout something to everyone:

PLEASE STOP BUMPING THAT OTHER GUY'S NEGATIVE THREAD!

Let it fall off from page one. Thank you.

TL;DR: New Conquest is still awesome!

Thanks to this new Conquest system, I am about to win our guild-internal competition (who gets the most points). It's the first time ever that I got to that position. :eek::D

!

Congrats :)

I agree 100%, I've stopped posting there, people don't seem to listen, and just keep the argument going, would rahter stay here, and keep the good vibes flowing ;)

Edited by DarkTergon

And I did this all simply by playing MY WAY. I didn't play one single thing which I dislike.

This is fantastic!

I agree 100%, I've stopped posting there, people don't seem to listen, and just keep the argument going, would rahter stay here, and keep the good vibes flowing ;)

I just posted there … I'll edit and add one more thing … (you'll see)

Sorry … my bad !!

I just posted there … I'll edit and add one more thing … (you'll see)

Sorry … my bad !!

lol, people will probably still post, especially as he seems to have a new white knight :rolleyes:

But as long as we keep the positive going here, hopefully the devs will listen to us, and not change CQ too much.

lol, people will probably still post, especially as he seems to have a new white knight :rolleyes:

But as long as we keep the positive going here, hopefully the devs will listen to us, and not change CQ too much.

Agreed …

I know that sometimes as consumers we fuss a little too much (from time to time). Hopefully, there will be a genuine recognition of the good things we appreciate and simply work to keep / improve them.

Agreed …

I know that sometimes as consumers we fuss a little too much (from time to time). Hopefully, there will be a genuine recognition of the good things we appreciate and simply work to keep/improve them.

Yes, I have being unhappy with some of the changes in the past (and said so!) but equally, I believe in talking about the good stuff as well! This change has pretty much made me subscribe back to the game and pulled me away from other MMOs!

yes, i have being unhappy with some of the changes in the past (and said so!) but equally, i believe in talking about the good stuff as well! This change has pretty much made me subscribe back to the game and pulled me away from other mmos!

high five !!!

Edited by OlBuzzard

Yes, I have being unhappy with some of the changes in the past (and said so!) but equally, I believe in talking about the good stuff as well! This change has pretty much made me subscribe back to the game and pulled me away from other MMOs!

This is something I have been hearing from a lot of players. The changes to the Conquest system have drown a lot of old players back into the game. It's awesome!

It shows the devs have done something right, this time. The Conquest changes are proof Bioware can listen to what players want and need in the game!

This is something I have been hearing from a lot of players. The changes to the Conquest system have drown a lot of old players back into the game. It's awesome!

It shows the devs have done something right, this time. The Conquest changes are proof Bioware can listen to what players want and need in the game!

4 people in my guild recently came back because they heard people talking IN DISCORD about how good the changes were..... wow

4 people in my guild recently came back because they heard people talking IN DISCORD about how good the changes were..... wow

I've actually tried a couple FP's in veteran mode (now that we have some really nice gear) …

:eek::eek::eek:

yeah … I know … tell me about it ! :D

Before, mass guilds were still advantaged but didn't necessarily always win. In fact, the most successful conquest guild on my server was so despite maintaining standards in the players they invited, requiring a written application and a conversation with a guild recruiter, and they still managed to be on top despite somewhat lower numbers because of organization and constant conquest-related guild events. That created a sense of community that I never expected out of a conquest guild.

Now, the only thing that counts is mass - pure body count and nothing else. The guilds that have moved into the "most successful at conquest" role are those that invite everything that moves on Korriban, Hutta, and Dromund Kaas, and have no sense of community at all outside of a very small core. Everyone else is just there to pad the numbers, and half just turn guild chat off to avoid the people writing inane nonsense turning guild chat into fleet chat.

The changes are mostly good for people just trying to reach their conquest goals as a small guild, there's no denying that, and they're in the majority. It's just sad what you have to do to win conquests reliably as a guild now.

Same as it ever was.

Though on my server there are quite a few guilds at the cap, and yet only one consistently wins week after week.

The winning guild is selective in who it recruits (only to maintain a fun, family friendly environment - not to set play-style or ability exclusions), with active leadership, a large Discord server, and organized events running every day.

So while guild size is important, it isn't the only thing.