Decorator's Block

AceMasterSoul

I didn't do any wall decorations at all. With the precious few decorations able to be placed, I used the count up on things like cargo/munitions containers, ships/mounts, flight control computers, and repair bays. Imperial/Republic banners could be appropriate if the hangar bay is intended for welcoming VIP ships. Edited by HeatRacer

My hanger bay has 4 different types of decorations --

* Steam vents high on the walls, shooting just below the level of the window to the office above. That way, when you're standing in the office, you see an intermittent air flow to give a sense of motion.

* Republic or Imperial banners high on the walls, two on each side. I like a little something to break up the monotony of the walls, something big that is visible both from within the bay and up in the office.

* Ship refueling and repair stations. On the sides of the room, I added a Desk computer, Exposed wiring (as fuel lines), Generator node (Imperial), Forge monitoring station, Phobium barrel, Diatium cargo (for tools), an astromech droid pet, and a Matrix converter.

* I put a couple of ships in the middle. I try to avoid vehicles, because they appear and disappear and make that repeating (annoying) VROOOM! sound. Static decorations work much better.

You can also add a dash of Personnel to the room. I've seen Minefield markers put to good use, too.

I hope that helps!

Edited by Xina_LA

I didn't do any wall decorations at all. With the precious few decorations able to be placed, I used the count up on things like cargo/munitions containers, ships/mounts, flight control computers, and repair bays. Imperial/Republic banners could be appropriate if the hangar bay is intended for welcoming VIP ships.

What decorations did you use for you repair bays ad Flight control computers?

My hanger bay has 4 different types of decorations --

* Steam vents high on the walls, shooting just below the level of the window to the office above. That way, when you're standing in the office, you see an intermittent air flow to give a sense of motion.

* Republic or Imperial banners high on the walls, two on each side. I like a little something to break up the monotony of the walls, something big that is visible both from within the bay and up in the office.

* Ship refueling and repair stations. On the sides of the room, I added a Desk computer, Exposed wiring (as fuel lines), Generator node (Imperial), Forge monitoring station, Phobium barrel, Diatium cargo (for tools), an astromech droid pet, and a Matrix converter.

* I put a couple of ships in the middle. I try to avoid vehicles, because they appear and disappear and make that repeating (annoying) VROOOM! sound. Static decorations work much better.

You can also add a dash of Personnel to the room. I've seen Minefield markers put to good use, too.

I hope that helps!

Can I visit your ship.

Sure, anytime. I'm on the Satele Shan server, Empire side, usually as Savaja or Kyrrixa.

When I'm decorating, I don't always notice the chat window right away, so just scream at me until I see you. ;)

My Republic flagship is fully unlocked and decorated, although I need to add the new disguise terminals.

I'm still working on the Imperial flagship.

(Actually, that has stopped since the Conquest changes. None of us succeed in getting encryptions anymore.)

Edited by Xina_LA