RP-PVP server that actually has RP and PVP?

KorenZaal

Hello, all.

Brand new to this game, and as I am a longterm EVE player, the "select a server" thing is new to me. I enjoy 2 things in MMOs; RP and pvp. I see there are a few servers designated as "RP-PVP", does RP actually occur on them, or are they just full of people named "xXn00bPWNZORXx" running around being morons? Do standard servers permit open-world pvp?

Basically, this. Im a US TZ player, and I want a server with a solid RP community and pew I dont have to search for, nor be blobbed (or whatever you call it here) every 2 seconds. Whats the best choice, for those in the know?

Thanks!

I've had good experiences on Ven Zallow and Jung Ma. You can flag yourself for PvP on any server type to engage in PvP in contested zones.

You should also look into "Warzones" which are queued, instance based PvP matches with various objectives. You can queue for these matches from anywhere at anytime.

Edited by mrfoughtforever

On Ajunta Pall, both sides are working to establish an RP community and presence. There is definitely roleplay, maybe not as easily found on pure RP servers and such, but it is there.

You can join the channel RPEvents on either side, (/cjoin RPEvents I believe, or just /join RPEvents, one or the two.) and there should be plenty of people to get an RP going with, or whatever.

It's a little more rare, since world PvP is open - but I have had some brief RP with the opposing faction. (before we killed each other. :p ) This unlike what mrfought is suggesting - that you instead flag yourself. On any RP-PvP server everyone is already flagged and has no choice about it. On an RP or PvE server, if you were to flag yourself, sure, you'd be attackable, but can't attack anyone else who isn't already flagged so most likely you wouldn't get as much open world PvP. The benefit of that which I could see is that there would be more opposing faction RP, but it might be a bit silly to stand there and taunt your enemies, and then be unable to fight them because they're unwilling to flag up to fight.

Feel free to PM me or just ask questions here about the server.

Edited by FamilyValues

• 3 years later...