Ranked warzone clarification

donthedondon

I'm making this post for two reasons , first reason is i log into combatmedic today to send myself some creds pubside and first thing i see is PJ-b sittin in general saying lethal dose fifty doesn't q ranked anymore they're scared of uncensored. False pj-b the fear you're thinking of comes from your guilds fear of us (lethal dose fifty). We always try to form up at 8-9pm eastern minus tuesday which is pve night. Yesterday and few times before some of our premades ran into 8 unicorn stampede members in the same regular warzone , and also seen the same trend from tryhards united. So here comes the second reason why i made this post , are any other guilds q'ing up and would like to share what time they're q'ing up at. The ranked scene is becoming a ghost town on this server which is sad cause i know a lot of us still love pvp in this game and ranked is the only way to avoid having to carry 4 awful pugs in a regular warzone lol. Most nights we q we get no pops and get discouraged after an hour of waiting or we see uncensored for a few competitive games. I think other guilds have to pick up the attitude that if you don't play against better guilds you won't improve yourselves , the gear gap excuse is gone, you can be fully optimized war hero in a week . So hopefully some guilds with some brass in their pants will step up soon or the ranked scene will continue to be a myth.

Ps. i hope no one impside shares pj'bs views. we have a high win ratio from my experience playing uncensored and they have my respect for their continued perseverance.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actively tried to find us groups to play, we've even offered up our guys to play on the opposing teams, just to play matches. Winning or losing isn't really an issue, we just want to play together and not be handicapped by horrible players as we normally are in regs.

Uncensored has given us a heads up when they're queuing and I believe we've done the same, all are welcomed to do this. The ranked scene is only what we make of it, more teams queuing is only a good thing.

I think other guilds have to pick up the attitude that if you don't play against better guilds you won't improve yourselves ,

This is the most glaring problem I have seen in this game that I haven't seen in any other mmo I have done pvp in. Everyone thinks they're the best, and because of that attitude they'll never get better. Rather than losing to better players and learning, they avoid them so the little fairy tale they've built up in their mind can stay true. In other words, grow a pair and queue for ranked. You may learn a little something.

first thing i see is PJ-b sittin in general saying

PJB doesn't really say things; it's more of a spewing of useless information and declarations of him being somewhat good (lol)

As for LD50 queue dodging: I know they wouldn't do that.

Topi and the guys are all for queuing with anyone who's online at the times they do ranked (which you can usually find listed on their site)

It's no player, guild or even all of them combined who are at fault for the lack of competitive rated warzones its Bioware who ****ed it up.

#1 There's no incentive to do ranked. There's nothing you can earn in ranked except a different color of gear, assuming you can make it to 2400, that you cannot in regs.

#2 They drove away to many players and now we don't have the population for the ranking system where teams of equal or close rank are matched up.

#3 **** is terribly unbalanced, bubble stun, smash etc

#4 There's a ton of bugs, it's way to easy to cheat/exploit. There's been no fix or even talk of how to address the problem of d/c's in rated.

Well, according to people in Unicorns. They do ALOT more PVE now than PVP.

As for Try Hard United, We only super que late at night when we know no one is queing rateds. We try to que rateds throughout the week if we get people on. We talk to Uncensored and try to get groups going, just to have friendly games.

As for LD50, some people in your guild give you a bad name. People don't want to que rateds because a few of you have big mouths and nobody wants to deal with it. It's a game to have fun, and should be that.

I for one, have no problem with a good amount of LD50 players, but a few of you....I can't stand.

As for LD50, some people in your guild give you a bad name. People don't want to que rateds because a few of you have big mouths and nobody wants to deal with it. It's a game to have fun, and should be that.

I for one, have no problem with a good amount of LD50 players, but a few of you....I can't stand.

This is the most glaring problem I have seen in this game that I haven't seen in any other mmo I have done pvp in. Everyone thinks they're the best, and because of that attitude they'll never get better. Rather than losing to better players and learning, they avoid them so the little fairy tale they've built up in their mind can stay true. In other words, grow a pair and queue for ranked. You may learn a little something.

Completely agree.

As for LD50 queue dodging us, they don't. I actually respect them more than most other guilds because they're one of the few that actually queue up for ranked without needing crutches such as bubble stun and 4 smashers for their comp. Like us, they play with who is on.

The only guilds that really q dodges us is ironically Unicorn Stampede and Team Lucky 7. So its pretty funny that Unicorn is calling people out for q dodging when I feel like they do it by far the most.

Completely agree.

As for LD50 queue dodging us, they don't. I actually respect them more than most other guilds because they're one of the few that actually queue up for ranked without needing crutches such as bubble stun and 4 smashers for their comp. Like us, they play with who is on.

The only guilds that really q dodges us is ironically Unicorn Stampede and Team Lucky 7. So its pretty funny that Unicorn is calling people out for q dodging when I feel like they do it by far the most.

this has been since canderous ordo when they said troyy beat pvp and would dominate all pubs on our server. that turned out real well.

I'd totally be up for doing rateds every night, but unfortunately it's like pulling hair when half my guild does a raid like every night and most of our good pvp roster is in that raid. We end up with trying to form up a totally unbalanced group with "what's left" and can't even field a solid team. I do believe in the "play a better team you'll get better" philosophy, but when we have no tanks or 1 healer or no key classes, it doesn't bode well. Good thing i'm on vacation cuz i needed this break so i can come back and get our guild to start doing some real rateds again. Edited by Jadenn

I'd totally be up for doing rateds every night, but unfortunately it's like pulling hair when half my guild does a raid like every night and most of our good pvp roster is in that raid. We end up with trying to form up a totally unbalanced group with "what's left" and can't even field a solid team. I do believe in the "play a better team you'll get better" philosophy, but when we have no tanks or 1 healer or no key classes, it doesn't bode well. Good thing i'm on vacation cuz i needed this break so i can come back and get our guild to start doing some real rateds again.

This.

We've queued up for rateds before, but I think I personally only have played around 15 matches. Unfortunately, when we get almost ready to field a team, someone decides they want to go to a more PvP centered guild. Couple that with the fact that like 4 of our PvP'ers (myself included) are DPS sorcs, and you soon see that team composition is an issue. We have (I believe) some excellent players (myself NOT included), but unfortunately not enough.

I agree with the "play a better team you'll get better" to a point, but I know I learn nothing from getting ROFL-stomped other than, "play something other than a DPS sorc." Although, I've not done a rated since rolling DPS/bubble hybrid, so maybe it's better now...

Edit: If someone wants to try to cobble together a rated team, I'd probably be game. I pug all the time, anyway, so this would be nothing new. :rak_03:

Edited by johnnyreece

I'd totally be up for doing rateds every night, but unfortunately it's like pulling hair when half my guild does a raid like every night and most of our good pvp roster is in that raid. We end up with trying to form up a totally unbalanced group with "what's left" and can't even field a solid team. I do believe in the "play a better team you'll get better" philosophy, but when we have no tanks or 1 healer or no key classes, it doesn't bode well. Good thing i'm on vacation cuz i needed this break so i can come back and get our guild to start doing some real rateds again.

I'm quoting this because it's 100,000% truth. I mean I don't think we have even one "pvp" dedicated healer we can count on for rateds. We have ONE real tank.

So when we slap it all together and it's like a friggin leftover sandwich, and when the team you're facing is a well oiled machine.... it can get pretty hard to convince people to stay.... I don't know if people really do get better from getting totally waxed.

This is where the 'rated' part of rateds would really be nice. We need a minor league for people to get their feet wet. Not everyone has a guild that cherry picks until they have the composition they want. We have been cultivating from within... trying to help people who actually want to do this.

If their first time results in them not being able to walk right for a week, how easy do you think it is to get them to come back? But hey, you got 40 ranked comms - fill your boots.

After reading this thread, I don't agree with... the idea of everyone thinking they're the 'best' and queue dodging? I would say that kind of behavior is in the minority. (Unfortunately those types are usually quite vocal.)

We've never queue dodged, and I don't think anyone aside from Gilgamesh marches around declaring their superiority over the human race at video games. Or wait maybe that's his ability to pass gas on demand during a match... yea I think that's it. He's pretty stellar at it.

When rateds first came out my small, close knit, guild had a lot of trouble queing finding players to que with and team comps was a huge problem, I still loved to fight the only good teams at the time, IBG and The Turks... Sometimes we'd win, lots of times they would, But we learned more about playing as a team and strategies then we would have if we hid from them with tails between our legs...

Now we are back, still not 50 because I am trying to roll as many roles as possible, tank, Healer, DPS, FOTM... I think that as long as i can play what ever, we have a better chance at putting together a good team comp.

Pj-b successfully trolled all of LD-50 well played Pj... Well played.

Totherkins - Pj-b didn't successfully troll all of ld-50 , i addressed him because pj-b like many of your other members aren't smart enough to think for themselves and probably sit in guild chat with troy and his merry band of baddies and say stuff like "we beat pvp on this server" , "we came over from the fatman and we run this server no one wants to q ranked against us", you know dillusional stuff like that. When in fact you guys are now a pve guild , only time i'll see troy and many of your memvers is when you guys have 8 of you's in a regular wz. I just wanted to address this lie before it went "viral".

Jaiden - i wish i could come heal for you guys and reading this thread it sounds like imp side still needs some consolidation,

Totherkins - Pj-b didn't successfully troll all of ld-50 , i addressed him because pj-b like many of your other members aren't smart enough to think for themselves and probably sit in guild chat with troy and his merry band of baddies and say stuff like "we beat pvp on this server" , "we came over from the fatman and we run this server no one wants to q ranked against us", you know dillusional stuff like that. When in fact you guys are now a pve guild , only time i'll see troy and many of your memvers is when you guys have 8 of you's in a regular wz. I just wanted to address this lie before it went "viral".

Jaiden - i wish i could come heal for you guys and reading this thread it sounds like imp side still needs some consolidation,

Well he caused quite a stir from your guild with a supposed comment on the fleet. I'm pretty sure everyone and their brother knows unicorn stampede doesn't do rateds competitively. Oh darn, I let out a huge secret my bad...