Death before dishonor -mission

Karkais

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant get past the rep base camp to get to the mining area since its a pvp zone, how the heck can i get past this ?

I don't remember the map exactly, but you should always be careful about following the mission direction arrows blindly - they tend to indicate the closest way, not the safest way. In other words, try to find another way to the destination. You do not have to cross a PvP area to get to the mining area.

i searched around and the enter point looks like its right in the middle, hmm ill have another look tonite

SPOILER (well, not really, but just so that no one can blame me :) ):

I'm not sure how far you have gotten, but Shaft 16 is at the bottom of the map (about as far south as you can get), and Shaft 12 is close to the north-most part of the map on the same longitude. The Rep base camp lies between them (as do the Imp one if you are on the republic side), but there is no problem at all going around it.

Not sure why the entry point would be marked as inside the camp. Maybe it just looks that way on the area map - try switching to the world map if you haven't already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Still bugged.

Reloging fixed it.

People, because it is so trivial to work around, this one is probably here to stay. Log out/log in, change instance, jump to your SH and back, go see your guild ship, whatever it takes to load an Ilum instance that contains the quest trigger object.

The last 2 times I did it, it updated fine. I stopped, clicked the data pad, then got the update as I approached the cave in. Didn't have to re-zone.

I agree with Steve. It's not a game-breaker, just an inconvenience and probably isn't a high priority.

• 4 weeks later...
People, because it is so trivial to work around, this one is probably here to stay. Log out/log in, change instance, jump to your SH and back, go see your guild ship, whatever it takes to load an Ilum instance that contains the quest trigger object.

Just want to re-quote this so it is up high on this page.

People, really, there is no way this will be fixed any time soon. The workaround is so trivial and so reliable that it is NOT a gamebreaker. It wasn"t in the patch notes, so why do you have any expectation of it being fixed?

• 3 weeks later...
Why is this STILL broken??

Did you read my post immediately above yours? I guess not. It's still broken because there is a trivial workaround that is entirely within the player's control. This reduces the importance / urgency of fixing it. If, when a character experienced this, that was it, no way to ever finish the quest with that character, then they'd put effort into fixing it quickly. As it is, I expect this game will go to its grave with this issue still broken.

• 1 month later...
Confirmed: Still broken as of 6-16-16....

lol relogging fixes it.

You can fix it by relogging, by hopping to your stronghold and coming back, by changing which instance of the planet you are on, by hopping to Fleet and then coming back, anything that forces the game to load a new copy of the planet's state. (Using Quick Travel to go away then walking/riding back might also work.)

Unless someone at Bioware stumbles over something while looking at the code for some other reason, it won't be fixed. EVER.

Why? Because there is a way that players can trivially fix it themselves, one that is widely known in the player community and does not involve tickets to Customer Service. It isn't like the Romance Flags, whose handling is still, by all accounts, at least somewhat broken. (I wouldn't know. I have seen exactly zero of the Romance Flag bugs on my characters.) And those aren't 100% fixed.

Something that's *important* to the players and a (minor) selling point of the game and not fixable by any player action, and eight months later it still isn't fixed, and you want something that affects what amounts to a side quest and can be easily fixed by the affected player to take priority?

Pfft. People. Who needs 'em?

(Disclaimer: On the one character I have who has done this quest, I was affected by this issue. I fixed it myself.)

I've tried leaving and re-entering the area. I only went as far as the main Imp base, though, and that didn't fix it. But yet again, rezoning did.

I don't know how BW categorizes their bugs, but it's probably something along these lines:

Game Breaking - No work around. Unable to proceed.

Annoyance - May hinder progression, but a work around is available.

Trivial - Does not affect gameplay.

Agreeing with Steve again. This bug is an annoyance. It's been reported. They're aware of it. Don't hold your breath for a fix.

• 2 weeks later...