RE: Kuat Drive Yards

CourtneyWoods

Is this just a particular piece of fiction that is at the discretion of the writer, or does this indicate the development team isn't done with "The Shroud" storyline and we can look forward to future installments within the game?

Don't know about the Shroud himself but this is about the upcoming Kuat Drive Yards FPs.

Don't know about the Shroud himself but this is about the upcoming Kuat Drive Yards FPs.

Did you even read it?

These select journal entries were logged by Shroud SF-4 in advance of the mounting situation concerning Kuat Drive Yards. I present them to you now in an effort to educate and inform.
Edited by ViciousFett

This is a bit confusing. From what I read it appears that SIS (republic special forces) is working with Shroud agents, or did I read this incorrectly?

These select journal entries

Guess if choose other entries, we'll see reports about Republic

This is a bit confusing. From what I read it appears that SIS (republic special forces) is working with Shroud agents, or did I read this incorrectly?

The Shroud's Agents (or whoever "S" is) sold this information for a high profit to the SIS. This information is to distract the Republic and provide money to the Shroud's organization:

I’ve since splintered and sold the information provided by SF-4 through numerous intermediaries for the SIS to obtain--at a steep price--and piece back together. The Republic is now formulating a plan to counter the Empire’s actions, deploying fleets and squadrons of fighters to strategic locales. This should keep both sides sufficiently occupied and less concerned with the affairs of those such as myself and my organization.
Edited by Bstr

So Shroud... Again... You can't make something what connects straight to the War, are you? :(

*Sigh* Okay... We can deal with this... We always did... :jawa_biggrin:

Shroud provides the perfect opportunity to see things from a neutral point of view. The whole KDY and GSF is about the war, respectively Empire trying to take control of one of the largest fleet manufacturers in known space.

Did you even read it?

Of COURSE I read it, what you seem to be missing is just because one of the Community people puts something into their fiction on the website doesn't mean it is something that will be continued on in the game.

That is to say, just because they mentioned the shroud here, doesn't mean the shroud shows up in the flashpoint, nor does it mean there will be upcoming content involving the shroud - they could have just decided to take a character from the game to use to hype the upcoming flashpoint in order to be creative.

You follow now?

I follow! And you sound silly!

Why do I sound silly?

Just wanting to know if the Shroud will have his story continued in further game content or if this was just a decision by the author to use an in-game character to frame an upcoming flashpoint arbitrarily?

Hey, how about designing a FP that is actually challenging to play and offers some relevant loot?

The last Flashpoint worth playing was Lost Island. This one or the Czerka stuff is a complete joke. Just brainafk grinding of useless rep.

You underestimate the usage of the KDY FP.

1. It provides a great incentive for RPers to actually do some sort of Master-Apprentice Role Playing in an instance with people of differnet levels

2. DPS low level toons now have a good way to level through flashpoints without waiting hours and hours in solo queue.

Not everything has to do with loot.

People seem to forget that not many people did LI pre 2.0 I know there was numerous times I queued and got HM LI and people instantly left the group because majority of the people felt it was too difficult. I am not putting myself in that category I enjoyed the challenge of Lost Island but many people did not. I know very few people would want to queue for LI HM on my server pre 2.0. and Bioware probably has numbers that support the claim of low queue pops for Lost Island, which is why they went in the other direction and made the flashpoints more accessible.

You work for them?

I mean if that's all it is, I want to know. Given they forked us over on class story, I don't want to get my hopes up that they actually will continue another plotline.

After reading the message again it appears they are planning to make the Shroud the next major villain in the game.

Additional note and tin-foil hat: He seems to be quite concerned which side will win the battle of Kuat. Makes me wonder if the Shroud is possibly working with the Star Cabal. For those who may not know who the Star Cabal is play the agent's story ;-)

After reading the message again it appears they are planning to make the Shroud the next major villain in the game.

Additional note and tin-foil hat: He seems to be quite concerned which side will win the battle of Kuat. Makes me wonder if the Shroud is possibly working with the Star Cabal. For those who may not know who the Star Cabal is play the agent's story ;-)

Actually, I always thought of him as an outsider. If nothing else, he probably was someone aware of and likely even infiltrated the Star Cabal.

I hope they do something with him, but I do think this was just fiction.

What I would actually really enjoy is if they not only brought the Shroud back, but also Watcher X (again, if you don't know, play the agent storyline).

In fact, Watcher X would be a good foil for the Shroud, and it could make for great amusement if it works out that Watcher X and the Shroud are essentially playing chess and you are the pieces, as Watcher X tries to assimilate the Shroud and take over his network, and the Shroud tries to both keep him in check and remove you.

This could also lead to Watcher X becoming the next in line after the Shroud finally gets his.

Actually, I always thought of him as an outsider. If nothing else, he probably was someone aware of and likely even infiltrated the Star Cabal.

I hope they do something with him, but I do think this was just fiction.

What I would actually really enjoy is if they not only brought the Shroud back, but also Watcher X (again, if you don't know, play the agent storyline).

In fact, Watcher X would be a good foil for the Shroud, and it could make for great amusement if it works out that Watcher X and the Shroud are essentially playing chess and you are the pieces, as Watcher X tries to assimilate the Shroud and take over his network, and the Shroud tries to both keep him in check and remove you.

This could also lead to Watcher X becoming the next in line after the Shroud finally gets his.

If this was the first iteration of the Shroud being mentioned, I might agree with you, but he was also mentioned in the first Starfighter Teaser Trailer Bioware released at the PAX Cantina tour. It seems that the storyline of the Shroud is going to be more than just for fiction.

I would agree I would love to see Watcher X however [Without Spoilers] i don't know how that be done because of the possible senarios from the agent's story.

The Shroud's Agents (or whoever "S" is) sold this information for a high profit to the SIS. This information is to distract the Republic and provide money to the Shroud's organization:

Highly unlikely since SF-4 was dead and SF-5 was being assigned to the location where his former collegue perished. In other words, the information was sold to the SiS by the Shroud HIMSELF...

TO: Shroud SF-5

Your latter assessment is correct though.

I would agree I would love to see Watcher X however [Without Spoilers] i don't know how that be done because of the possible senarios from the agent's story.

Every character in the game whose fate was player choice dependent won't be making an appearance anymore it would seem. Bioware implied such in the past already.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if his character model shows up somewhere, since I've seen time and time again NPC's whose resemblance mirrors other pivotal characters throughout the game, including...

Jun Seros

Watcher One

Councillor Caicos

Minister Falcone

And possibly others. Ironically enough, at least one of them is not up to the player whether he lives or dies. Oh well...

Edited by Darth_Wicked