What happens to a level 51-55 character if they go f2p?

Sivn

Nothing you just drop to preferred player but all your gear you keep that you already have...

That's not entirely accurate. Among many other things, by dropping to f2p you won't be able to run ops or flashpoints unless you buy a weekly pass. I had a payment issue at one point that caused me to lose my subscription for a few days and it sucked. As a level 55 sentinel, I really need the extra quick bars and being without them was a severe handicap. Not being able to run ops and fps on top of that along with an absurdly low credit cap caused me not to play at all until my payment was properly processed and my subscription was restored.

Bottom line: I wouldn't recommend anyone switching to f2p at that level. You'd be better off quitting and saving the money that way.

Edited by Lord_Garrex

What happens to a level 51-55 character if they go f2p?

If you drop your subscription, your account goes to Preferred status. Differences are on the Features page.

As Preferred, you can run Flashpoints, however, you will only get full rewards for 3 Flashpoints per week, unless you buy a weekly pass.

Preferred status players have to purchase a weekly pass for Operations.

Artifact (purple) items already equipped on your character remain usable, however, you have to purchase an Artifact Equipment Unlock to use any Artifact items you get after dropping to Preferred status.

That's not entirely accurate. Among many other things, by dropping to f2p you won't be able to run ops or flashpoints unless you buy a weekly pass. I had a payment issue at one point that caused me to lose my subscription for a few days and it sucked. As a level 55 sentinel, I really need the extra quick bars and being without them was a severe handicap. Not being able to run ops and fps on top of that along with an absurdly low credit cap caused me not to play at all until my payment was properly processed and my subscription was restored.

Bottom line: I wouldn't recommend anyone switching to f2p at that level. You'd be better off quitting and saving the money that way.

Don't worry I wasn't suggesting the OP to drop to f2p I was just putting the question to bed quickly, I agree with you 100% it isn't worth dropping down to f2p if you have a 55th level for all the reasons he stated above, it does suck with limited cash flow and quick slot bars, my suggestion to the OP "STAY AS A SUBSCRIBER" ....

You don't lose your expansion unlock or levels. I went F2P in February, and haven't looked back yet. I subbed for the month in April for the expansion, and i've subbed again for the Starfighter expansion. Beyond that, I have stayed completely happy in Preferred status. I have even managed to accumulate a couple thousand Cartel Coins without buying any. I will tell you that getting all the unlocks will take some effort upfront running daily hubs to buy unlocks. As long as you have at least one character at level 50, the hard part is over. You may even have enough credits now to buy all the unlocks you will need (~1,000,000 credits).

I've actually put together a guide for returning/dropping to preferred status. Give it a read, and feel free to ask any questions. The F2P system has really gotten worse press than it deserves. Don't be scared to unsub.

Edited by JeepWithGuy
Clarity, math.

You won't be able to use "artifact value" gear anymore.

This applies not only to quest bounties, but also to self-creafted stuff, unfortunately.

You'd have to buy a ... what's the correct term ? ... thing on the Cartel Market, which allows you to use it again.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 7 months later...