Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Leefn
01.18.2012 , 06:28 PM | #2681
A videos says more than words:
Youtube Old and New Illum

Suggestions:
Turrents with Aoe dmg, and higher dmg.
Decrease valor gain when in a ops grp by A lot. Split valor gain by ppl in a grp (if they're close to the kill).

Most valor gain should be from a solo kill. -This will make ppl want to go in small grps or solo to pvp.. which, imo, is the most fun.

karcyon
01.18.2012 , 06:28 PM | #2682
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGaslampKiller View Post
The random loadscreens.
Jesus, and I thought I was the only one...

GoldSquadGirl
01.18.2012 , 06:29 PM | #2683
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
How many genius repubs allowing themselves to be farmed is that?

Sounds like BS to me

I'm here to PVP, not to farm loot, or look for cheap opportunities to win. Losing is fine, as long as my side has a chance to rally and fight back.

If fighting back instead of hiding in the fleet becomes a "stupid" thing to do on a PVP server, I'll go find a game where it isn't.

- genius Repub
Haleigh Comette - Asphodel
<ZERG>
Troopers do it....standing Up!
Zergalicious - Ilum PVP Video

Niaoru
01.18.2012 , 06:29 PM | #2684
Quote: Originally Posted by karcyon View Post
Jesus, and I thought I was the only one...
Nope, what is with that?
Niaoru - V65+ Scoundrel/Scrapper
ePeen - Republic PvP/PvE Guild

Ploxy
01.18.2012 , 06:29 PM | #2685
Quote: Originally Posted by Flaashheart View Post
I can't wait to see the Bioware response to this.... I can't stop laughing.
me2 lol

Gorcha
01.18.2012 , 06:29 PM | #2686
Don't care, married Kira today coz devs allowed me to make a story progress after it was bugged from the start :P

Vlacke
01.18.2012 , 06:29 PM | #2687
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenocow View Post
To quote the WoW-PvP Fanbois...

ILUM IS FINE...L2P !!!
It's the legions of the Blood Elves

But the number of Inquisitors on Empire side and overall has surpassed even them, vastly i am sure

darthtoph
01.18.2012 , 06:30 PM | #2688
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
Hahaha and who was talking about irony again?
That's what I was trying to say. That was me as a Republic *single target melee* Sentinel farming Imps. There wasn't even that many Imps around. An Imp bud of mine was doing twice the amount of valor points each minute in Ilum farming Republic players.

BW basically broke Warzones too, no need to do those anymore. Why spend two hours doing Warzones when you can farm the same amount of valor points in 15 minutes participating in the Ilum lagfest? sigh....
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

Faconi
01.18.2012 , 06:30 PM | #2689
This "patch" is a complete disaster, anyone saying otherwise is a complete idiot.

I myself had no problems with the old Ilum, it was just a matter of population. It was too soon to go ahead and change the whole system that was on the planet just because there wasn't enough PvP action. In due time the zone would possibly flourish into the world PvP area that Bioware had envisioned. Instead of being patient though, BW went ahead and jumped the gun without thinking things through. This is a disgrace the whole zone is a gankfest / spawn farming zone on the Imperial side. It should have been left alone.

Also, the whole 50 only queue bracket is ridiculous, over 2 hour long queues just to get into a match (if you are lucky). After that 2 hour waste of time you then have to win! If you dont win 3 times, no daily completion for you...

I felt that having 10-50 in the same bracket was not an issue, yes there is a disadvantage toward the lower levels. That disadvantage though should bring the lower levels some resolve to actually hit level 50 and then be on the same pedestal. If people are that annoyed by versing level 50's as level 10, then make that bracket level 30-50. If that were to be done, the queue times would drastically be cut down and we wouldn't have to worry that we wont get our daily done.

Bioware, you really screwed up and didn't think this through. You need to fix this ASAP and bring us results, and updates instead on generic PR responses. You can still redeem yourselves at this point, but be warned I don't think myself (nor the community) will be more forgiving next time.

hoonz
01.18.2012 , 06:30 PM | #2690
Take the f**kn servers down.....
"I used to be a Trooper....now im just an Australian"
"Can you....like....make your toons....like....hair longer...like"
Q&A session SDCC 2011. And this person is in the "Green zone"