CE vendor and 6.0

Banthabreeder

That would be welcome - it was quiet a spend at start and for those of us still committed to the game it would be nice to see that commitment recognised in some small way. It would be nice if say we had an exclusive schematic which would allow us to provide something cool to others in the game.

Original subscribers? You mean people who bought the collector's edition? Those aren't the same thing.

I wouldn't mind if they added new stuff to the vendor, but if they're going to keep adding new stuff, they should offer a CE digital upgrade for sale so others can pay to access the vendor as well.

Better yet, bundle it in with Onslaught and each new expansion going forward. For example, offer an "Onslaught Digital Collector's Edition", where players pay extra and receive the ability to buy from the CE vendor, in addition to the expansion itself.

Original subscribers? You mean people who bought the collector's edition? Those aren't the same thing.

I wouldn't mind if they added new stuff to the vendor, but if they're going to keep adding new stuff, they should offer a CE digital upgrade for sale so others can pay to access the vendor as well.

Better yet, bundle it in with Onslaught and each new expansion going forward. For example, offer an "Onslaught Digital Collector's Edition", where players pay extra and receive the ability to buy from the CE vendor, in addition to the expansion itself.

I second that, I've been here long long before this even got to live.

Altho I never bought the CE version I've been here from day 1

People who bought the CE got their CE rewards. There is no particular incentive to give them more rewards.

Maybe if a new CE edition came out, but not otherwise.

Not that I expect anything to be added, but that statement isn't exactly true. In the original announcement, they said the store would have REGULAR updates which most who have access to the CE Vendor will probably agree that there haven't been regular updates.

From the original announcement:

Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

Link:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

Will there be by any chance something new added to the Collectors Edition (CE) vendor with 6.0? Been quite a while since that vendor has offered anything new to the original subscribers.

We ask every update, and every update other than the one time they added a couple of dyes, it's been a resounding "no" since nothing has been put there for years, despite requests.

If there is one major beef I have - it's that BioWare never just could figure out what to do with vendors, of any kind.

Too many, too few, too expensive (Hutt Bazaar), too random (vendor for single items only), etc. And none of them are updated, EVER.

It's not that hard. But BioWare always makes it harder on themselves, and by extension, us...

Will there be by any chance something new added to the Collectors Edition (CE) vendor with 6.0? Been quite a while since that vendor has offered anything new to the original subscribers.

Extremely doubtful it will happen. Bioware did not keep their promise and I don't think they've really given any real thought to it since.

There's a few reasons it won't happen.

1. There's probably not many of us left so they don't give a flying fornicate to update it.

2. Most people don't have it, so since they don't have it it's not an issue for them.

3. Since they don't have it and it was so long ago we don't deserve anything and Bioware is not beholden to their "regularly updated vendor" promise.

4. Bioware can't make money off of it and it would only make a few people happy, so again, what's the incentive for them to do it? Keep their advertised promise? Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!! :rolleyes:

I honestly doubt it will ever happen sadly.

*Do check out the HK and Bonus chapter threads though. The demands for Bioware to keep their exclusivity on the deal, which wasn't even mentioned, plus the demands for compensation if they do offer it to those that had it are quite a read. That's what happens when a larger body of people are affected.

Edited by Nuffmeister

That is for people that got the most expensive version of the game at launch isn't it? I bought the second expensive copy, so really doesn't matter to me sense I can't purchase anything out of it. Maybe they should just unlock it for 6.0?

New CE items would be most welcome, but I don't think they really have any motivation to do it. They aren't making money off CEs anymore, as they are no longer made.

Right, but that extra money up front helped pay for the production costs of launching the game. It would be a nice gesture. This was sort of a "go fund me" type campaign from before that was common.