HK-51 Quest Clarification Needed

turbomagnus

Different sources - Y-tube videos, guides, etc. - seem to offer conflicting information based seemingly on how long ago they were created.

For clarification purposes, can the quest chain to attain HK-51 be completed solo, with story mode flashpoints, or does it require grouping and running the involved flashpoints (False Emperor and Foundry/Maelstrom Prison) on hard/master difficulty?

All can be done solo. No problem at all, the hardest to solo is probably the very last H2, when you have to take out the Lord of Agony, as there are a few Assassin healers spawning in on the way. To reiterate, the 2 FPs give the component in solo/ story mode.

All can be done solo. No problem at all, the hardest to solo is probably the very last H2, when you have to take out the Lord of Agony, as there are a few Assassin healers spawning in on the way. To reiterate, the 2 FPs give the component in solo/ story mode.

Also, to add to this: you don't have to run the FPs in their entirety to keep the components. You can exit as soon as you collect the pieces.

I will say too when you're scrounging in the Jedi Temple and the area around the Dark Temple, do not open the component you plan on mailing to another toon. It will not let you attach it to the email. Found this out the hard way and had to find it again in the Jedi Temple.

You can also get the parts by doing the FPs in Veteran (or Master?) mode with a group, if you are having problems doing them solo. Just open Group Finder and deselect all the flashpoints except the one(s) you want, before joining the queue.

One part drops from HK-47 in False Emperor, and the other is found in a container in a small room after the last boss in Foundry/Maelstrom.

Edited by JediQuaker

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to add a big thanks to everyone to everyone who offered help in this thread - Yesterday, I took the day and ran through the HK-51 quest and unlocked him as a new companion for my characters, done solo.

Excellent news! Congratulations. And thanks for letting us know that the advice helped.

No problem...

And Berntk was definitely right to warn me about those Shadow Assassins in the final H2+ - those were actually the hardest part of the quest (well, and the Trandoshan guy in "False Emperor"), especially the one right in front of the elevator that kept detecting my stealthed Scoundrel and knockbacking him right into the middle of the enemies I'd just snuck past... Finally had to resurrect on site and just use my twelve seconds to make a run past him...