Hardmode Underlurker Sniper Bug

Hello all,

As you may or may not know the mechanics in Hardmode Underlurker, the adds move you to a much slower pace than RP walk. I play a sniper for this fight and it is extremely frustrating to play for one very simple reason... Rolling. (I am unsure about operative rolling in this fight).

As the rocks fall you MUST get to a rock otherwise you WILL die as there is no way to survive the ragestorm which is very easy for all classes with a speedboost (Merc, sorcs, etc.) but the sniper rolling is very bugged in this fight. 90% of the time I roll I go about half a foot and it bugs out and I am killed by the ragestorm (Assuming there is still an ad up during the collapse phase). It seems that the roll is interupted when the adds smash, or just having the debuff (Impedance). This makes the fight extremely frustrating as a sniper (And possibly an operative) and I hope to see this 'bug' fixed soon.

Movement is hard during that phase (I do sentinel on that fight) however you should be killing adds before rage storm.

Yes I know, we kill the adds before ragestorm, but sometimes the rock is a little far and I have to get there before rage storm begins while killing he add. I should have to kill all the adds for the game to work, its not designed that way. You Should kill the adds before, but if one is still up you can kill it at your rock, or after the knockback.

Speced into the trans buff should give you movement impairing resistance

actually I don't since 4 of my team members are troopers and 2 consulars so they do not need my buff. I instead take the cleanse from Force cammu. Helps me to move between adds and not have to sacrifice centering.

I don't use HTL as a trooper to get to a rock. I use it AFTER the rock to prevent the knockback.

Best way to get moving is to kill the adds faster, then no one is wasting their cooldowns just getting to a rock.

Getting to a rock quickly is organised by all grouping up close to middle and all going to the closest one or one which one of the raid calls you to go to.

Hello all,

As you may or may not know the mechanics in Hardmode Underlurker, the adds move you to a much slower pace than RP walk. I play a sniper for this fight and it is extremely frustrating to play for one very simple reason... Rolling. (I am unsure about operative rolling in this fight).

As the rocks fall you MUST get to a rock otherwise you WILL die as there is no way to survive the ragestorm which is very easy for all classes with a speedboost (Merc, sorcs, etc.) but the sniper rolling is very bugged in this fight. 90% of the time I roll I go about half a foot and it bugs out and I am killed by the ragestorm (Assuming there is still an ad up during the collapse phase). It seems that the roll is interupted when the adds smash, or just having the debuff (Impedance). This makes the fight extremely frustrating as a sniper (And possibly an operative) and I hope to see this 'bug' fixed soon.

I don't think it's not intended. Or easier said: I think it's intended. It's a less annoying bug than the PVP roll bug where you rubberband during your roll. Yes I play sniper on this boss too and I've experienced it.

Anyway, don't roll when an add is still up. You want to be able to kill the adds before having to go hide anyway or you're probably going to have trouble beating the enrage timer.

A tip that might help: Keep your entrench and use it around when the adds are all <50% hp. Then, if you want to roll you simply have to stand up and the adds won't slow you and you can roll freely. (So, take the ...forgot name, Entrench-end-speed-and-movement-immunity-boost utility for this boss. Personally I take it always)

If you try it a few times and find the sweet timing spot you will have your entrench up when you need it with/after the adds, and it will still be up when you normally get knocked back behind the rock.

Edited by Aerilas

I don't think it's not intended. Or easier said: I think it's intended. It's a less annoying bug than the PVP roll bug where you rubberband during your roll. Yes I play sniper on this boss too and I've experienced it.

Anyway, don't roll when an add is still up. You want to be able to kill the adds before having to go hide anyway or you're probably going to have trouble beating the enrage timer.

A tip that might help: Keep your entrench and use it around when the adds are all <50% hp. Then, if you want to roll you simply have to stand up and the adds won't slow you and you can roll freely. (So, take the ...forgot name, Entrench-end-speed-and-movement-immunity-boost utility for this boss. Personally I take it always)

If you try it a few times and find the sweet timing spot you will have your entrench up when you need it with/after the adds, and it will still be up when you normally get knocked back behind the rock.

This. I never run this fight without this utility. I normally don't need to use it, however, it's good just in case the defecation hits the ventilation.

We dont have any trouble meeting the enrage timer, but we dont kill adds so fast because we all burn one at a time and we always make it but the debuff is still on when he starts casting rage storm. I can use my stun breaker for every other rage storm.

We dont have any trouble meeting the enrage timer, but we dont kill adds so fast because we all burn one at a time and we always make it but the debuff is still on when he starts casting rage storm. I can use my stun breaker for every other rage storm.

I'd try to split dps up. Imo having 4 or 5 dps on one add and then switching to the next and the next is simply wasted time and dps.

We always do it with two dps on each of the outer adds and one dps on the boss, aoe'ing the middle add a bit. when left and right are done, one dps from either add switch to boss, the other to the middle add.

And for the rolling thing, view Aerilas' post ;)

Edited by Torvai

I'd try to split dps up. Imo having 4 or 5 dps on one add and then switching to the next and the next is simply wasted time and dps.

We always do it with two dps on each of the outer adds and one dps on the boss, aoe'ing the middle add a bit. when left and right are done, one dps from either add switch to boss, the other to the middle add.

And for the rolling thing, view Aerilas' post ;)

Yes splitting DPS is best. We put 1 dps on each add, and I'm the one switching between all 3 giving them all some help so they kill them at the same time. I have no trouble with this, no time wasted as i switch target during ambush/penetr blasts.

Snipers actually have a few movement impairing focused utilities, seek cover gives you movement impairing immunity and a speed buff when you exit cover while entrench is active or ends, and counterstrike makes your countermeasures cleanse movement impairing effects.

Maybe it's best to save entrench for the last add rather than try to roll so you have that 6 seconds of immunity but you may need to take pillbox sniper as well as seek cover just to lower the cooldown of it to fit it in the 50 second add wave window.

Do note that snipers can temporarily negate rage storm damage with Evasion (and so can operatives for that matter). Take advantage of this if you get caught out of position.

Evasion only gives the 75%tech/force resistance if you're sat in cover, so while running behind a rock it won't help you ;)

Sniper anyway, wouldnt know how it is with operatives

Edited by Aerilas

Evasion only gives the 75%tech/force resistance if you're sat in cover, so while running behind a rock it won't help you ;)

On the other hand, you can use Evasion on every other Devastation (Operative for every Devastation if specced for Evasive Imperative) to negate cross damage completely (it's melee), so you can easily hold front or back positions. :)

Edited by Memo-

On the other hand, you can use Evasion on every other Devastation (Operative for every Devastation if specced for Evasive Imperative) to negate cross damage completely (it's melee), so you can easily hold front or back positions. :)

Yep :) Me and the other sniper are always the ones the healers have to heal the least on robot chickens and our GM's mom (resp. 2droids and underlurker) because of the timing on the mechanics and evasion

Edited by Aerilas

Sniper anyway, wouldnt know how it is with operatives

I could have sworn that rage storm was counted as ranged/AoE. I mean it was working just fine with my scoundrel in SM... then again I haven't tested it in a while, they might have changed it because Riot Gas was giving everyone a 30% dodge rate on it.

If its force/tech then it just means that its sins/shadows who can completely negate it with Shroud. And juggs might be able to reflect it back too...

last friday evasion still worked on my scoundrel on rage storm, seems it's white damge.

@topic: AFAIK its intended that smugglers roll only half of the normal distance when slowed. scoundrel rolls do not work well either in sawbones spec when adds are alive.

Edited by johnbgood