Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Sith Sorcerer's Codex

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
[Guide] The Sith Sorcerer's Codex

_Darkstar
12.14.2011 , 07:19 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomanka View Post
Curious as to not taking lightning spire, is the extra range not useful?
edit: In the pve lightning spec
I asked this same question in another thread and it seems that for raiding it may be useful and allow you that bit extra manouverability, but limited in most other situations.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

illZero
12.14.2011 , 07:22 AM | #22
Quote:
I know: you're a healer. That doesn't matter. Your first five points should be in the Lightning tree. Everything else can be taken as you please, but those first five points are the most important five points to any Sorcerer. In fact, I personally think that this makes them bad design, as they essentially become a skill point tax, but that's another issue.
Sorry if I missed this, but which five lightning skills should a corruption sorcerer put their points into first?

Maybe I'm not understanding the tree but it looks like only the high level skills are taken in the lightning tree...wouldn't you need to be a high level be taking those?

_Darkstar
12.14.2011 , 09:39 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by illZero View Post
Sorry if I missed this, but which five lightning skills should a corruption sorcerer put their points into first?

Maybe I'm not understanding the tree but it looks like only the high level skills are taken in the lightning tree...wouldn't you need to be a high level be taking those?
The skills you take from Lightning are both T1 skills and are Electric Induction (3 points for a 9% Force cost reduction) and Reserves (2 points for +100 Force points).

These mean you can stay in a fight longer, which is a Sorcerers achilles heel.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Vicennialpuma
12.14.2011 , 10:31 AM | #24
A very nice guide mate. It helps a lot since not everyone has had enough time in beta to level all the way to 50 and do assessments anyway cheers

Quinsareth
12.14.2011 , 11:48 AM | #25
I took artifice/archaeology/treasure hunting on my sorc...now I'm reconsidering and might switch to biochem or cybertech for my crafting and pick up the supporting gathering/mission skills. I like that diplomacy nets you DS/LS points, so maybe I'll grab that so I can become really evil really fast

Fallenlore
12.14.2011 , 02:39 PM | #26
Very glad you saved your codex's. I was worried after the Dec 10th forum wipe if these survived. Good to see you back!

Xandria
12.14.2011 , 03:44 PM | #27
Thanks. This was very helpful
"See you in another life, brotha."
<RASPO>
Remember, Remember the 29th of September

Rabekid
12.14.2011 , 08:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Xandria View Post
Thanks. This was very helpful
Nice Desmond quote...

On-topic, this guide will be very helpful to me in the weeks and months to come, thanks!
The boy is pure dag-nasty evil.

Warned you, we did. Listen, you did not. Now screwed we all shall be.

illZero
12.14.2011 , 10:18 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
The skills you take from Lightning are both T1 skills and are Electric Induction (3 points for a 9% Force cost reduction) and Reserves (2 points for +100 Force points).

These mean you can stay in a fight longer, which is a Sorcerers achilles heel.
Thanks. Was reading the trees upside down...

Jorander
12.14.2011 , 10:43 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomanka View Post
Curious as to not taking lightning spire, is the extra range not useful?
edit: In the pve lightning spec
Lightning spire is only really useful in a few situations, mainly when running with groups. The two main advantages, is that it allows for more options in positioning when dealing with encounter mechanics, and it enables you to return to dealing damage faster, after executing movement mechanics.
"If your surrender leads to slaughter, that is not because the Force has darkness in it. It is because you do."
"That place… is strong with the dark side of the Force. "What's in there?" "Only what you take with you."