Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mastery vs Power

Faithcents
10.26.2015 , 01:03 AM | #1
Specifically 24 mastery vs 42 power...anyone have any idea which one would give the most damage increase? Mainly asking because of some mod options where one has 24 more mastery and the other has 42 more power. If the mastery is more damage then I'd need to replace 9 mods...so 216 mastery vs 378 power.

flem
10.26.2015 , 01:10 AM | #2
They've always been close enough that what you should be maximizing is Mastery+Power, not either independently.
Jedi Covenant | Formerly: Squadron 840; Shii-Cho | Bring back warzone pets!

Faithcents
10.26.2015 , 01:39 AM | #3
thanks

drbonesmccoy
10.26.2015 , 02:04 AM | #4
Power will always grant you higher bonus dmg, mastery gives a increase to bonus dmg as well as crit chance.

Mastery
Force Dmg Bonus per Point - 0.2

Power
Force Dmg Bonus per Point - 0.23

There isn't much of a difference but it's there. However, if you're not at your limit for crit chance, then mastery will benefit you more. In you're case however, you're adding much more power over mastery, so it would therefore increase your dmg more to go for the power.

Hope this helps
Rosettaa <The Defender Program> The Ebon Hawk
AdrÓanna <Hates You> The Shadowlands

Renata_Roselli
10.26.2015 , 07:35 AM | #5
Mastery doesn't give a crit bonus anymore I thought?

*UPDATE* I tested it out and my crit chance does not increase with Mastery so it looks like Mastery does not have that bonus anymore.

Sindariel
10.26.2015 , 12:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Renata_Roselli View Post
Mastery doesn't give a crit bonus anymore I thought?

*UPDATE* I tested it out and my crit chance does not increase with Mastery so it looks like Mastery does not have that bonus anymore.
Mastery still increases crit chance. Check again.
Click my friend link for a free character transfer, 7 days of free sub and more goodies. Details

Faithcents
10.28.2015 , 05:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by drbonesmccoy View Post
Power will always grant you higher bonus dmg, mastery gives a increase to bonus dmg as well as crit chance.

Mastery
Force Dmg Bonus per Point - 0.2

Power
Force Dmg Bonus per Point - 0.23

There isn't much of a difference but it's there. However, if you're not at your limit for crit chance, then mastery will benefit you more. In you're case however, you're adding much more power over mastery, so it would therefore increase your dmg more to go for the power.

Hope this helps
does anyone know what that limit for crit is? I have over 41%

LydMekk
10.28.2015 , 08:44 PM | #8
Way too high. Look in the subforum Roles - big thread.
Around 36-37% is enough.

Faithcents
10.29.2015 , 12:44 AM | #9
thanks

sxysorc
02.24.2016 , 01:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LydMekk View Post
Way too high. Look in the subforum Roles - big thread.
Around 36-37% is enough.
Which one is the one you mean ? Multiplyer ? or the one that just says critical ( am looking under force tab on my sorc)
my crit ( not multi) says 22 but multiplier says over 54 so which do i go by to judge my rate of crit and how do i crecese the 22 to 40 when its already max level ( though hasnt got pvp gear or much over-208 clothes gear and 178 implant and ear etc left side of character tab