Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[GUIDE] PvP Madness Sorcerer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
[GUIDE] PvP Madness Sorcerer

YoDarrell
12.24.2011 , 06:40 AM | #11
This really helped me i hope you put up more videos in the future

Kamikazie
12.24.2011 , 07:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by YoDarrell View Post
This really helped me i hope you put up more videos in the future
They are coming over the next few days. Im working on a guide for huttball as well since a lot of people dont know how to play.

Huntingez
12.24.2011 , 10:33 AM | #13
Good guide, I've been running a Madness pvp spec the last couple of days but I'm only 25.

When I hit 50 in the next week or two I'll be playing around with a chain lightning or creeping terror build to see which I find more appealing.

Since I went madness and got deathfield + force slow (especially this), I've topped damage, kills, healing in literally every WZ I've played while also maintaining the fewest deaths. Ususally 0-2 per game.

Kiting melee in this game as madness is a joke, I can take on 2 melee at once easily if I have my "trinket" and stun up.

My main in WoW is a Shadow Priest which I've played at 2400 mmr levels in Arenas so that probably helps alot since the gameplay is similar. Also played an affliction lock at similair levels.

Another tip for those rolling a Sorcerer of any spec. Positioning is huge, like the OP mentioned, use his tips but also make full use of any pilliars/boxes/walls to LOS any other ranged or melee who would try to close a gap on you. Position yourself so you can attack your target(s) and stay LOS of others.

maggito
12.24.2011 , 01:56 PM | #14
Liked what I've tried. I just have to get used to it. I moved everything around and find myself hitting the wrong keys now. My mobility is far greater though. I have to keep working on being less of a target as well.

MoarPowar
12.24.2011 , 02:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Madgecko View Post
The pvp spec in the codec is how I role.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...MZcMfRsMkrfz.1
Do you find there are any specific additional tactics in PvP with this build aside from the ones the OP of this thread mentioned for his build? Your base rotation with that build is similar?

I'm also PvP'ing with that build from the codex (38 atm), but the tactics elaborated on by the OP in this thread look like they'll help me do better. Have only been pulling about 150K dps but I do see sorcs doing 250-300+K consistently.

Onager
12.24.2011 , 03:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kamikazie View Post
Rotation
Open with Force Lightning and move isntantly(Your procing Wrath) > Instant cast Crushing Darkness > Affliction > Death Field(20%dmg increase on DoTs) > Force Lightning > Force Lightning > Force Lightning(Your procing Wrath) > Instant cast Crushing Darkness > Affliction > Death Field > Force Lightning > Force Lightning > Force Lightning
Does Death Field retroactively apply to the dots you cast before it? If not, you'll probably want to lay down Death Field first, and then do the single tick of Force Lightning into CD > Affliction.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

Kamikazie
12.24.2011 , 05:51 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MoarPowar View Post
Do you find there are any specific additional tactics in PvP with this build aside from the ones the OP of this thread mentioned for his build? Your base rotation with that build is similar?

I'm also PvP'ing with that build from the codex (38 atm), but the tactics elaborated on by the OP in this thread look like they'll help me do better. Have only been pulling about 150K dps but I do see sorcs doing 250-300+K consistently.
The only thing is just insert the DoT to the rotation and its a 2 second stun. I would apply the debuff before one of the DoTs probably do affliction, crushing, the other 2 dots. Also make sure you replace chain lightning with something like lightning strike so you have the instacast burst and wrath does not go to waste.

Quote: Originally Posted by Onager View Post
Does Death Field retroactively apply to the dots you cast before it? If not, you'll probably want to lay down Death Field first, and then do the single tick of Force Lightning into CD > Affliction.
Yes however its only to what ticks on the dots after death field is applied. It is an insta cast and as such wont consume wrath so you could in theory hit it before the dots, however since most targets die fast. Its better to DoT first then debuff.

Rascalov
12.25.2011 , 03:59 AM | #18
OP, what happened at the start of your video? You ran straight into a swarm of enemy players and got your *** kicked all the way into the next galaxy. Why did you do that? You got cocky and paid the price for it.

Kamikazie
12.25.2011 , 08:02 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Rascalov View Post
OP, what happened at the start of your video? You ran straight into a swarm of enemy players and got your *** kicked all the way into the next galaxy. Why did you do that? You got cocky and paid the price for it.
Actually I play a 4 man premade team and running in is to grab the ball and throw it to the left side to a sith assassin who is waiting. He and a juggernaut run it in for a 1min 22 second first cap. Our record is a 26 second first cap and can win a 6 cap in 3 mins 52 seconds.

There is another thread coming about huttball and different tactics and strats, however the assassin and the sorc are the two best ball carriers due to sprint and force speed. That said its only the initial retrieval and obstacle avoidance. The Juggernaut for example can force jump up to the goal line or platform and gain a significant lead. He has heavy armor where as the SI has cloth so they die easier then he does. There are pros and cons to everything.

Force speed can let you recover off the bat or the increased speed you can actually jump over the fire in certain places.

MaximusBlood
12.25.2011 , 08:31 PM | #20
What stats are you stacking for this build? (Alacrity, crit, etc) ??