Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[GUIDE] PvP Madness Sorcerer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
[GUIDE] PvP Madness Sorcerer

Xiftr
02.07.2012 , 01:47 PM | #111
Dude ww is an instant cast... you make it sound like it is bad. Instantly taking out a healer in huttball is. HUGE!

I see what your reasoning is with affliction, but saying ww is bad... I don't follow you there. There are so many applications for it to list.

Darth_Ricky
02.08.2012 , 01:48 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Morngwath View Post
But then, your're style of writing says pretty much.
irony

Mazari
02.10.2012 , 03:36 AM | #113
Assassin & Sorcerer = 2 most powerful classes [that goes for sage and shadow too!]
<-50 assassin, and working on sorc:>

Akukage
02.14.2012 , 12:31 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Kamikazie View Post
Rotation
Hybrid
Open with Force Lightning and move isntantly(Your procing Wrath) > Instant cast Crushing Darkness > Affliction > Death Field(20%dmg increase on DoTs) > Force Lightning > Force Lightning > Force Lightning(Your procing Wrath) > Instant cast Crushing Darkness > Affliction > Death Field > Force Lightning > Force Lightning > Force Lightning
No.... just, no. Firstly, you don't move instantly after that first FL, because Wrath doesn't always procc on the first tic and you look really silly trying to cast CD with a cast time. Secondly, always always always (always) cast DF before your DoTs (if you took Death Mark), and cast Affliction before CD.

You're wasting so much Force with this rotation that its not even funny. Every time you re-cast Affliction before it falls off? Wasted Force. Every time you only let FL tic once? Wasted Force and wasted damage. FL is one of our hardest hitting attacks, particularly with Lightning Barrage proccing. The trick is to put affliction into your "rotation" at such a point that when you come back to it the duration will be 1-2 seconds from ending. The ""s are due to the fact that you shouldn't be stuck in one set pattern.

Quote:
Pure Madness
Open with Force Lightning and move isntantly(Your procing Wrath) > Death Field(20%dmg increase on DoTs) > Creeping Terror > Affliction > Crushing Darkness > Force Lightning > Force Lightning > Force Lightning(Your procing Wrath) > Death Field(20%dmg increase on DoTs) > Creeping Terror > Affliction > Crushing Darkness > Force Lightning > Force Lightning > Force Lightning
Better, but still wasteful with all of that FL move spam.

Quote:
NOTE: Creeping terror is a 2 second stun and will add 500 resolve to the target. After 1 more stun/cc/knock back they will be immune to all further attempts till it wears off. ~15-20 seconds.
Okay, this right here is where you lose all credibility as far as I'm concerned. Why? Creeping Terror is a two second Root, not a stun or a mezz, and therefore has no interaction whatsoever with Resolve, the same way that Force Slow does not.

Quote:
Chain Lightning(Insert Lightning Strike until you get Chain Lightning) when Wrath procs and Crushing Darkness is on CD.
Note: You should also replace CL with LS for your Wrath proccs when you're at ~45% Force if you specced into Subversion. Get three stacks and then switch back to CL.

Quote:
Jolt to interrupt some high dmg channel or self heal
...Or Tracer Missile spam.

Quote:
Obviously you want to have your DoTs up on your target but it is not worth having them up on everyone. Just do your target.
No. You should affliction as many people as is feasible if you have Lightning Barrage. It will procc enough that you will absolutely wreck people with Force Lightning alone.

Quote:
Crushing Darkness is an AoE
...... O.o Did you mean Death Field?

And one more thing you forgot to mention... Shock when your target is about 85% through a solo capture attempt. People get so pissy, its great. If you've got a Wrath procc to CL a group capture attempt, go for it.

Barzarel
02.22.2012 , 07:46 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Kamikazie View Post
Rotation
Hybrid
Open with Force Lightning and move isntantly(Your procing Wrath) > Instant cast Crushing Darkness > Affliction > Death Field(20%dmg increase on DoTs) > Force Lightning > Force Lightning > Force Lightning(Your procing Wrath) > Instant cast Crushing Darkness > Affliction > Death Field > Force Lightning > Force Lightning > Force Lightning
Why would you cast crushing darkness before Death field, if you do you lose heavy hitting damage from the crushing darkness dot, as crushing darkness it relatively short duration, and you suffer gcd before you can land death field, its between 2-3sec tick damage you lose out on with crushing darkness.

Further you can't dispell death mark so there no reason to worry about it getting dispelled, before you can use crushing darkness.

Xietep
02.27.2012 , 05:03 AM | #116
Not an incredibly useful guide, and very poorly written. I'll have to read through the whole thread to see if it has any merit to it.

Credit should go for your effort, though. A sloppy guide it better than no guide!

Numerii
03.06.2012 , 12:22 PM | #117
Wow, opening with FL constantly will just get your face shoved in the ground by all the flying ninja monkeys and missile-farting suits. You want to open with DF -> Affliction -> CD(even if you have to cast it, if no one is paying attention to you who cares about the cast time). 9/10 no one notices me DoT'ing them up, they only notice me once I've finally started to channel FL.

From there it's simply a game of kiting/LoS while waiting for Lightning Barrage and Wrath to proc. Once you have those and DF is back off CD you can usually finish off someone using a stun then dropping DF, Wrath a Chain Lightning, LB-buffed FL, channel another FL then finish with Shock.

LeJay
03.06.2012 , 03:13 PM | #118
Hmm, what do you guys think about the Corruption/Madness hybrid? (The "VaenH's Hybrid 1"). I've been looking for a build like that lately, so... though, I wonder if it's possible to get Deathmark without nerfind the healing too much?

The boost on the DoT damage sounds too good to ignore, but I don't know... any ideas?

Gitsumkikin
12.28.2012 , 08:02 PM | #119
Sorc is kinda squishy, but, you just have to play smart. You MUST stay at max range as much as possible, and try to stay in places that not everyone can see you, i.e. not in the middle of everything! lol You can't be too proud to run if you need to, it happens. I prefer lightning for the bigger boom that Thundering Blast gives with the auto crit...but, madness DoT fest can be fun.

Gitsumkikin
12.28.2012 , 08:04 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Numerii View Post
Wow, opening with FL constantly will just get your face shoved in the ground by all the flying ninja monkeys and missile-farting suits. You want to open with DF -> Affliction -> CD(even if you have to cast it, if no one is paying attention to you who cares about the cast time). 9/10 no one notices me DoT'ing them up, they only notice me once I've finally started to channel FL.

From there it's simply a game of kiting/LoS while waiting for Lightning Barrage and Wrath to proc. Once you have those and DF is back off CD you can usually finish off someone using a stun then dropping DF, Wrath a Chain Lightning, LB-buffed FL, channel another FL then finish with Shock.
No doubt! Force Lightning is a beacon that screams "come whoop my a@#!" I only kick it up with no reservation when my target is trying to run or I know I have a kill.