Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The NEW *INSANE DPS* 1.2 SORC Spec!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
The NEW *INSANE DPS* 1.2 SORC Spec!

Hokonoso
04.12.2012 , 07:02 AM | #21
i played my sorc last night for the first time since the 1.2 nerfs being confirmed, it was a painful experience! ill probably never play it again, luckily i have a powertech marauder and operative...

sorcs biggest problem which is easily found while playing other classes is the armor... expertise means crap when you get hit 20% harder than everyone else by default... it's very pathetic!

most poorly designed class in the game, our lightning should hit harder than tracer derp but it hits for half and doesnt apply a debuff or even lead up to our 31pt talent... and madness should be ignored! sorcerers are known for their lightning!!!!!

id give up my bubble, heals, sprint and even pull to be able to shoot lightning from my fingers and it mean something...

until then, R.I.P. sorcerer... even though you are almost rank 80, have full bm and the mount and a white crystal, you will never be heard from again, unless 1.3 completely revamps our entire class and makes lightning playable.
What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
--Nom Anor

Mikster_
04.12.2012 , 07:22 AM | #22
Ok, you guys are all cry babies
To put this out I am a Jedi Guardian.

I **** hate sorcs. Your bubbles are just insane, absorbs almost 3000k dmg and you guys are complaining that you have light Armour?

Second point, I don't know about you guys but i get 250k in voidstar, when i try really really hard, while the rest ( sorcs) have 300K+ and 100k+ healing. ***. You guys should realize that you have one of the easiest classes to play in the game.

Complain about utility? What happen to healing, dots, CC'sss ( holy crap , so annoying ) and SUPPORT!

Afraid that someone might kill you? Force run! You guys can run away from any fen battle and then heal yourself up.

Learn to play guys and accept this nerf, they were long coming, you guys brought this onto yourselves.

my 2 cent from a jedi guardian

NoTomorrow
04.12.2012 , 07:42 AM | #23
So you all just cry because the wrath doesn't proc your chain lightning any more? Wow just wow! And you called that burst dps, before 1.2? Please stop polluting the forums with your useless whines.

Rolling sorc for DPS (even pre-1.2) is like rolling Sniper for utility. Dudes.. calm down. You have shields, force speed, slow, extricate, RANGED STUN, ranged mez, debuff cleanse, knockback and the last but not least, the most annoying force lightning with 50% slow.

Seriously, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? Your class together with your assassin friends have been polluting the warzones for months now.

THANK YOU BIOWARE FOR CHANGES! THANK YOU.

Daellia
04.12.2012 , 07:55 AM | #24
Quote:
Second point, I don't know about you guys but i get 250k in voidstar, when i try really really hard, while the rest ( sorcs) have 300K+ and 100k+ healing. ***. You guys should realize that you have one of the easiest classes to play in the game.
Bigger numbers = better class?

Might want to think on that one a bit more...

Side note, a Sorc with bubble active will still die quicker to Energy or Kinetic damage than an afk Guardian (without a generator!).
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

Endorn
04.12.2012 , 08:41 AM | #25
I could care less about pvp... but for pve:

in our own guild testing, we've found sorcs averaging around 1200dps on the combat dummy... snipers average 1500, marauders average 1600, and mercenaries average 1800 (round about)

I imagine sorc numbers will go up to 1400 in a raid situation with full buffs, stims, adrenals, etc... but everyone elses numbers will go up too.

We're still incredibly far behind all of the other classes... I'm a guild leader for a world top 10 guild (7th right now) and I play a sorc... and I'm going to be asking DPS sorcs to sit for progression fights (myself included.)

That's how bad it is.
WRATH
World Top 10 Ops Progression - Vulkar Highway
www.Wrath-Tor.com

xstortion
04.12.2012 , 08:48 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Daellia View Post
Bigger numbers = better class?

Might want to think on that one a bit more...

Side note, a Sorc with bubble active will still die quicker to Energy or Kinetic damage than an afk Guardian (without a generator!).

QFT

Force run sounds cool but it only gets u so far...chances r u will get interrupted and die when they sneeze on u.

fungihoujo
04.12.2012 , 10:56 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Endorn View Post
I could care less about pvp... but for pve:

in our own guild testing, we've found sorcs averaging around 1200dps on the combat dummy... snipers average 1500, marauders average 1600, and mercenaries average 1800 (round about)

I imagine sorc numbers will go up to 1400 in a raid situation with full buffs, stims, adrenals, etc... but everyone elses numbers will go up too.

We're still incredibly far behind all of the other classes... I'm a guild leader for a world top 10 guild (7th right now) and I play a sorc... and I'm going to be asking DPS sorcs to sit for progression fights (myself included.)

That's how bad it is.
But that's ok, because sorcs have bubbles and sprint, so they don't need to do damage. Right? C'mon marauders, back me up here.

Bastus
04.12.2012 , 10:59 AM | #28
As a guy with a marauder, I feel it necessary to say: ahahahaha.....ahahahahaha....AHAHAHAHAAAAAA.

iceperson
04.12.2012 , 11:06 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikster_ View Post
Ok, you guys are all cry babies
To put this out I am a Jedi Guardian.

I **** hate sorcs. Your bubbles are just insane, absorbs almost 3000k dmg and you guys are complaining that you have light Armour?
how much does my shield absorb when it's on you?

SoonerJBD
04.12.2012 , 11:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Bastus View Post
As a guy with a marauder, I feel it necessary to say: ahahahaha.....ahahahahaha....AHAHAHAHAAAAAA.
Someone doesn't know how MMOs work. The more OP you are, the harder the coming nerf. It's only going to take a few weeks before Marauders get nerfed even harder than Sorcerers did. Enjoy being the flavor of the month.